Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Phobos
Demon
Demon

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Phobos » 14 Dec 2017, 15:43

- Acolytes of Baa will just run away (faulty AI).
- Fleetfingers artifact doesn't add Bow damage even at GM level (for my Master Archers); the rest of the bonuses seem to work fine.
- The reputation rewards for quests on Enroth are very high; they don't seem to fit with the MM8 system. Completing a couple of council quests in White Cap, for example, will raise reputation so high that you can buy and sell at cost very easily.
Last edited by Phobos on 14 Dec 2017, 16:06, edited 2 times in total.

jmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmaster » 14 Dec 2017, 20:01

He should not equip it, enough to have swimsuit in inventory of each player and touch west edge of map ("Avlee"), did not it work?'
Thanks, it works, used waterwalk while carrying swimsuits in inventory and the location change widnow appeared. Another surprise - portaits change :) Second difference from original mm7 - spellbook works underwater.

Finished the game. The last found bug is that some of droids on Lincoln are allied to party and fight with other ones :) Will try to play MM6.
Last edited by jmaster on 14 Dec 2017, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 15 Dec 2017, 05:53

Link to update in first post have been updated. Fixed issue with Mercenary guild side quest in MM7 (triggered by accepting Malwick's fireball wand) - messenger will show up next second visit to Harmondale; Crafters now accept ore from both Jadame and Antagarich: Fixed Acolytes of Baa behaivor and reputation gain in MM6; MM7 afrtifacts (except armors) have been rescripted and will eventually appear in rarest chests, thanks everyone.
Phobos wrote:- Fleetfingers artifact doesn't add Bow damage even at GM level (for my Master Archers); the rest of the bonuses seem to workfine.
Tried it on clear MM8, seems like original bug, i'll try to fix it later.
equs wrote:Do all updates will be stored in the first post?
Yes.

ryugasen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryugasen » 15 Dec 2017, 08:53

There is some issue with half the skill teacher houses in MM7. It seems that whenever I enter them some notepad file appears and overlaps the house background in a sort of buggy way and the cursor turns from the click icon to the windows text cursor. Its not game breaking though since you can fiddle about a bit and the notepad will go away.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 15 Dec 2017, 09:39

I telled that I have copied a savegame from original MM8 and thought that it works... It doesn't, most quest houses are empty. So I had to restart it. Can We play on with our savegames after an update without restarting the whole game?

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 15 Dec 2017, 09:49

Speaking of Fleetfingers: their disarm bonus doesn't stack with regular one (a bug, because armsmaster do stack, and for other artifacts boni generally stack with those from regular items)

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 15 Dec 2017, 10:23

- Elf women have too much Might as a starting stat (11 instead of 7).
- It seems I can't freely change a male character's voice. It always offers that of Simon Templar when I try to switch.
- Trash Heaps in Castle Harmondale inflict disease but don't give out items. The one next to the entrance is titled 'dirt' and can't be interacted with.
- Some skill teacher messages are bugged. When I meet Master Fire teacher in Harmondale, I get the "success sound" and information about Identify Item GM teacher in Tularean Forest. Air Magic Master has the same thing but gives information about Merchant GM in Bracada.Talking to GM Axe teacher in Tatalia gives information about GM Bow teacher. Master Shield teacher in Tatalia gives info about GM Air teacher. I think Blayze in Erathia also had an effect like this, but I'm not sure what it was.
- Most MM6 wands seem to cast the wrong spell. Off the top of my head, 'Of Shrinking' casts Shrapmetal. I think this is because they are listed in a different order in the MM6 spellbook.
- What's 'of Great might'? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uuPPh ... WlwyRlrZT9
- Some starting spellbooks have bonuses like "Poison Spray of Speed; Speed +0".
- I don't think my 5th character got experience from the Hunter quest.
- Genie Lamps' bonuses are random and they inflict random status conditions.
- I can't cast Fire Aura on Elven Bows, Elven Longbows and MM6 Longbows.
Last edited by Phobos on 15 Dec 2017, 15:38, edited 9 times in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 15 Dec 2017, 11:07

equs wrote:I telled that I have copied a savegame from original MM8 and thought that it works... It doesn't, most quest houses are empty. So I had to restart it. Can We play on with our savegames after an update without restarting the whole game?
I wouldn't expect that to work, personally. The change to the game is huge, some entries, even if unchanged, are probably in different lines or whatever. The effect being a complete scramble that will result in various bizarre bugs :creative:

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 15 Dec 2017, 11:18

Echo wrote:
equs wrote:I telled that I have copied a savegame from original MM8 and thought that it works... It doesn't, most quest houses are empty. So I had to restart it. Can We play on with our savegames after an update without restarting the whole game?
I wouldn't expect that to work, personally. The change to the game is huge, some entries, even if unchanged, are probably in different lines or whatever. The effect being a complete scramble that will result in various bizarre bugs :creative:
Because of that I startet a new game on Might and Magic Merged (MMM LoL) to avoid unnecessary bugs. But can I install further updates without reseting my current (new) savestate?
Last edited by equs on 15 Dec 2017, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 15 Dec 2017, 12:05

I've been installing updates and been able to continue where I left off just fine :)

ryugasen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryugasen » 15 Dec 2017, 12:34

The sun cloak and moon cloak from evernmorn isle temples do the same bugs as the items I talked about in an earlier post (AKA disappear when equipped and give the texture not found icon). I'd like to equip those because they're some of my favorite specialty items.

EDIT: I am also unable to dimension door from in front of the paramount guild of water over there. My water grandmaster lich just casts town portal, although the spell works fine when I try it from Dragonsand
Last edited by ryugasen on 15 Dec 2017, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

albahr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby albahr » 15 Dec 2017, 12:46

Newest bugs (not yet tested on today's version, I'll edit later) :

1) The game crashes when an Archmage talks to skill teachers in Jadame. It happens sometimes in Antagarich too with my Elf Patriarch but I can't seem to find any rule here. Also when trying to see if my cavalier will be able to advance in a skill, all skills are red. The opposite happens with my Archmage - everything is yellow.
2) Using the genie lamp crashes the game.

Those two were fine before so something recent might have triggered it.

3) Guards in Enroth towns attack me without any reason (since the very beginning). Was it an original feature? Even without it 6 is absurdly difficult (at least for casual players).
4) The game crashes if I hold a mouse button and press a keyboard button at the same time (sometimes, not always).

Also, questions:
1) Would it be difficult to add the possibility to create a party member during the game (like in Baldur's Gate / Pillars of Eternity for example)? I travel all across the continents to find Alexis, but the chances I'll find an elf archer are really low. At least an editor for this would be good (because I still don't know how to use the console up to this point).
2) I'm quite ok with graphic stuff but, as I said, I can't really use the console and don't have much time to learn it. Would it help you if I'd for example do sprites for armour and so on and send it to you?
3) I've been thinking - Clouds of Xeen combined with Darkside of Xeen gave World of Xeen, so maybe it's time to create a title for this mod too? Like for example Enroth Saga? This mod is absolutely fantastic and I think it deserves something more than "might & magic merged version 1.3" :D
Last edited by albahr on 15 Dec 2017, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 15 Dec 2017, 13:08

ryugasen wrote:EDIT: I am also unable to dimension door from in front of the paramount guild of water over there. My water grandmaster lich just casts town portal, although the spell works fine when I try it from Dragonsand
Touch the guild first. ;)

ryugasen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryugasen » 15 Dec 2017, 14:44

Ok I got it. I had touched the guild already and gotten the "Magic presence" message but I couldn't activate the dimension effect. After your suggestion, I touched the guild's signpost instead and now it works.

ryugasen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryugasen » 15 Dec 2017, 17:44

So I just got to Jadame continent and all the water bodies are glitching out. Here's a video of how it looks like:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfkhre1nad7t8 ... 5.mp4?dl=0
This is happening in dagger wound isles, ravenshore and even the uplifted library. I did not encounter this in enroth or erathia, and even in my separate vanilla MM8 folder this does not happen.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 15 Dec 2017, 18:19

Patch link have been updated, thanks.
ryugasen wrote:So I just got to Jadame continent and all the water bodies are glitching out. Here's a video of how it looks like:
Game files have to be applied after MMExtension files. Remove "00 patch.bitmaps.lod" from Data folder of MM8.
ryugasen wrote:There is some issue with half the skill teacher houses in MM7.
Is notepad empty, or it contains debug message? If it have message send it to me, if not, try to reapply MMExtension from game files and latest patch after.
ryugasen wrote:The sun cloak and moon cloak from evernmorn isle temples do the same bugs as the items I talked about in an earlier post (AKA disappear when equipped and give the texture not found icon). I'd like to equip those because they're some of my favorite specialty items.
These are not repainted yet. Same with cloak of baa, you can get it for quest purposes, but no appearance on paperdoll.
Phobos wrote:- Genie Lamps' bonuses are random and they inflict random status conditions.
- I can't cast Fire Aura on Elven Bows, Elven Longbows and MM6 Longbows.
Effects of Genie Lamp are various and depends on charater's luck. Can not reproduce issue with longbows, try again after latest patch, great might is not used anyhow, won't appear again. Rest have been fixed.
equs wrote:But can I install further updates without reseting my current (new) savestate
Yes.
albahr wrote:2) I'm quite ok with graphic stuff but, as I said, I can't really use the console and don't have much time to learn it. Would it help you if I'd for example do sprites for armour and so on and send it to you?
Yes, it would be great. Each armor (helm, belt, boots etc) require four pictures - one for each doll (man, woman, minotaur, troll), background color is 0,255,255 rgb, edge of picture must be flat, i.e. no midcolors between picture and cyan background.
Try issue with Arch mage again after latest patch, i can not reproduce it, but maybe it have been solved. Genie lamp fixed. Guards should not behave like this, try again. Were it random keyboard buttons or same one each time? Did you use MMExtension from archieve or previous one? Gog version of mm8 or local?
I'll think about merge's name when point five of todo list will be fulfilled.
Last edited by Rodril on 15 Dec 2017, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

ryugasen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryugasen » 15 Dec 2017, 20:23

Thanks, deleting that file fixed the water issue. As for the houses issue, I've recorded it as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmjxuiwsei6f7 ... 0.mp4?dl=0

I've taken your advice and re-copied MMExtension files into the folder, then downloaded the latest patch and copied it into the folder too. This resulted in the game not running at all; instead the debug console appears and gives me this message...EDIT: Nevermind, I repeated the whole process again and the game now runs, but the issue with the houses is not resolved.
Last edited by ryugasen on 15 Dec 2017, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 15 Dec 2017, 20:59

Thanks for video. Could you toggle game to windowed mode (press f4) and make console pop up again? It will show full text, scroll it up, i'm curious about message on top. Enough to make printscreen or just copy and paste it here.

ryugasen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryugasen » 15 Dec 2017, 21:14

This is a lot of text...there are two times the console pops up it seems: first when I enter the house (if only the teacher lives inside)/select the teacher icon, and the second time when I press escape after being told "I don't meet the requirement/I need to be promoted to become master/GM." If it is relevant in any way, my autonotes about miscellaneous and teachers were completely empty till I reached Jadame (so throughout half of MM6 and MM7).

"...ic VIII Ultimate\Scripts\General\NPCTeacherAutonotes.lua:53: array index (354) out of bounds [1, 349]

Code: Select all

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
	...ic VIII Ultimate\Scripts\General\NPCTeacherAutonotes.lua:53: in function 'v'
	Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:68: in function <Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:63>

arguments of '__index':
	t = (table: 0x087d1728)
	a = 354
	v = nil

local variables of '__index':
	aorig = 354
	a1 = 353
	n = 349

upvalues of '__index':
	ptr = nil
	u4 = (table: 0x013fc3e0)
	GetPtr = (function: 0x013feae0)
	obj = (table: 0x03489120)
	o = 55814360
	assertnum = (function: 0x013f9a78)
	error = (function: 0x00394340)
	type = (function: builtin#3)
	SetLen = nil
	low = 1
	GetLen = (function: 0x02ffd9f0)
	lenP = nil
	lenA = nil
	count = 349
	size = 8
	_index = nil
	_newindex = nil
	tonumber = (function: builtin#17)
	beyondLen = nil
	f = (function: 0x003a7e98)
	format = (function: builtin#91)
	sOutOfBounds = "array index (%s) out of bounds [%s, %s]"
	tostring = (function: builtin#18)
	tostring2 = (function: 0x013f9ae0)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...Ultimate\Scripts\Structs\After\LocalizationAndQuests.lua:365: table index is nil

stack traceback:
	...Ultimate\Scripts\Structs\After\LocalizationAndQuests.lua: in function 'v'
	Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:68: in function <Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:63>

arguments of 'v':
	(*temporary) = 490

local variables of 'v':
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x0f227110)
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = true
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = "table index is nil"

upvalues of 'v':
	CurrentBranch = ""
	BackupTopics = (table: 0x0efc0208)
	BackupNPC = (table: 0x0efc0230)
	CurrentNPC = nil"
Pol: Added into code window.
Last edited by Pol on 15 Dec 2017, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 16 Dec 2017, 01:35

Try to put this file into your Data folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo27v15bo9em2 ... T.lod?dl=0 .
Then launch game, switch to windowed mode, press ctrl+f1 to open debug console, type Game.AutonoteTxt.count , press ctrl+enter to execute it, you'll get some number as result. It should be 675. If so, look inside your data folder for files named like *.EnglishT.lod , where * is any word (except mm6.EnglishT and mm7.EnglishT, these are related to mod), put them out of folder or remove. If not, type in debug console this:

Code: Select all

for i = 1, 10 do
print(Game.AutonoteTxt[i])
end
Press ctrl+enter to execute, send me result.
Last edited by Rodril on 16 Dec 2017, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”