Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 01 Dec 2017, 18:45

Elf womens are finished. ;) They are not perfect but I think good enough. The graphics package was sent to Rodril.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 02 Dec 2017, 07:33

Patch link in first post updated. A lot of corrections in challenges: distribution, rewards and requirments, thanks very much. Adventurer's Inns placed in Free Haven and Tatalia (near mercenary guild). Some minor fixes. Fixed original bug which caused game crashes because of high amount of summoned monsters on map.
Note: Added AdaptiveMonstersStats.lua script and two tables: "Bolster - monsters.txt" and "Bolster - maps.txt". Script trying to bring monsters in line with overlevelled party (or close to it), using rules form text tables. I'll add readme a bit later. If it will provide gamebreaking behaivor - put script outside of script folder.
J. M. Sower wrote:Elf womens are finished. ;) They are not perfect but I think good enough.
Hey, it is just wonderful! I'll add them soon.
Lucius wrote:I would like to report strange behaviour of magic guilds in Jadame.
This distribution was intentional. Jadam supposed to have GM elemental books in Regna and GM self books in Balthazar's Lair, were books distributed other way? Dark and Light GMs are privelege of The Pit, Celeste and rarest treasure chests. If it feels inconvenient, try to tweak text tables a bit ("...Data\Tables" folder): "House rules.txt" have "Spelllbook shops" part with column "Quality", number represents maximum skill required by books in assortment, Jadam shops uses first and third line.
albahr wrote:1) El game crashes after visiting a guild that I'm not a member of.
Apply today's patch, notice if it won't disappear, i'll look further.
albahr wrote:2) I have absolutely no idea where do my party members go after I dismiss them, so I worry to do so.
3) Is there any rule about where do joinable characters appear? Until now I've met them only in taverns and temples (much more in Enroth than in Antagarich).
4) I don't really know how to 'evolve' my party members - are those classes taken from MM7 or MM6? I've seen that I can travel to Jadame from Antagarich as soon as I've got my castle rebuilt but I can't go back and I'm stuck with my sorcerer unable to upgrade her in Jadame.
Adventurer's Inns placed in Tatalia and Free Haven in today's update. Dismissed characters will go there (Inn's splitted by continents: character dismissed in Enroth won't appear in Jadam's inn). They will vanish forever after year of gametime since last dismiss, or much earlier, if you've dismissed them in dead/eradicated/unconscious/stoned state. In current version maximum amount of randomly generated adventuresrs is eight persons. if you have already hired eight, you won't met any new, untill some of them will vanish due to time of inactivity or dead state. System is not perfect, it easily can ignore all desires to get cleric or mage for a long time. Original MM8 characters won't disappear or travel randomly.
After today's update mercenaries will appear in training halls and taverns only. I would scatter them across priority houses (like knight - in weapon shop, cleric - in temple, thief - in bank), but it becomes too hard to meet them without some addition like clues or rumors about their location, what starts to look like part of something big. I want to leave it in current state for some time.
MM7 includes all classes from MM6, except Thief, Monk and dark-side counterparts, should not be problem to improve these classes on both continents. MM8 classes stays outside, and there are no ways at Jadam to promote MM6-7 classes, except for Knight, Cleric and Sorcerer. Though, only way for last one is joining necromancer's guild and getting promotion to Necromancer. I like situation: seems challengeable, and besides Jadam's story, you got your own reason of stopping Regnan blockade - returning to home.
albahr wrote:I was going to use MM8 character editor for test purposes but it seems to break the game. Is there a way to use MMExtension instead? (I've managed to add gold but any line about a single character doesn't seem to work).
Use reference manual ( https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... /reference ) "Party" section, ctrl+F1 to open debug console and ctrl+enter to execute commands.
Phobos wrote:I don't know if this is important or not, but the promotion quests in Antagarich and Jadame give more experience to the character getting promoted whereas those in Enroth give everyone the same exp.
It is original numbers from MM6, can not say for now if they should be tweaked anyhow.
Last edited by Rodril on 02 Dec 2017, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 02 Dec 2017, 11:56

If I will have enough time I will make more MM7 characters.

One polish fan reports some remarks:

1. There is something wrong with Troll's armors coordinates (he noticed some bad position of leather jacket).

2. What about MM7 relicts/artifacts for now? He says that in Antagarich are spawned only artifacts and relicts from MM8. This is only because of lack of scripts for special properties of them?

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 02 Dec 2017, 13:55

Rodril wrote: Jadam supposed to have GM elemental books in Regna and GM self books in Balthazar's Lair, were books distributed other way?
I saved before guild in Alvar, trying to find some master spells. I've reloaded several dozen times, but in Air I only either see Invisibility, or no master spell at all. Fly and Implosion never appeared.
(it might have been another spell, I forgot which one it was. Thing is, there was only one spell of three present in many attempts')

I've found another minor bug: Crown of Final Domination is not shown on character (it functions normally) and can be equipped by Necromancer(not only Lich)

And not so minor: Alvar tree X-15440, Y-19600 which was giving unlimited 'STAT boost' potions for character with 7+ master repair does not do it (and does not work for perception character as well)

Also, could you please consider implementing town portal for all three continents, if this can be done relatively easy? With tabs in spell screen or like that. Same goes for Lloyd's beacon, as we now have world three times larger, but parties usually only have one mage and travel times suffer greatly.

albahr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby albahr » 03 Dec 2017, 14:04

So the guilds seem ok now (at least in Antagarich). Thanks for the explaining of the other stuff too.

I've played with MMeditor a little and I've managed to edit Murmurwoods but I can't open any of the MM6/7 maps since they're in a separate .lod and don't show as internal maps. I've tried unpacking mm7.games.lod with MMArchive but it doesn't give me any .dat or .odt that I can open in the editor. Then I tried to edit Harmondale using MM7 with the editor (without the mod) and then imported it into mm7.games.lod but there's an error (without any output I can show). I know this is not entirely related topic but could any of you maybe help me to edit Enroth and Antagarich maps?

EDIT: Just tied to enter Light Guild in Bracada and it crashed.
Last edited by albahr on 03 Dec 2017, 19:45, edited 2 times in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 04 Dec 2017, 04:12

Additional way to cross continents added in today's update, some details in patch notes txt file. Some minor fixes about objects summoning and equipment appearance.
J. M. Sower wrote:2. What about MM7 relicts/artifacts for now? He says that in Antagarich are spawned only artifacts and relicts from MM8. This is only because of lack of scripts for special properties of them?
Yes, they have no effects, and it would be disappointment to find it. Besides it mm6-7 armors do not fit mm8 dolls. Examples of rescripting is in "ExtraArtifacts.lua" script. All icons and items are already in game files, only needed thing to make them spawn is to edit rnditems.txt in EnglishT.lod.
Lucius wrote:And not so minor: Alvar tree X-15440, Y-19600 which was giving unlimited 'STAT boost' potions for character with 7+ master repair does not do it (and does not work for perception character as well)
Fixed, but was it supposed to give unlimited amount of potions, not just one? According to original scripts, it is.
albahr wrote:I've played with MMeditor a little and I've managed to edit Murmurwoods but I can't open any of the MM6/7 maps since they're in a separate .lod and don't show as internal maps.
Rename "games.lod" into "mm8.games.lod" and "mm7.games.lod" into "games.lod".
I can not reproduce error with guilds for now, i'll look into it further.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 04 Dec 2017, 20:17

Challenges are working perfectly! And this new script that affects monsters is very interesting. I think I'll have to start a new game so I'll be able to enjoy it to the fullest. :D

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 04 Dec 2017, 20:21

I am still just so impressed by this.
The frequency of updates, responding to the testers, you're doing better than some official game titles :9 Have the best of luck squashing any found bugs.

Sorr, just felt the need to cheer you on and express my admiration :-D
Last edited by Echo on 04 Dec 2017, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

albahr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby albahr » 04 Dec 2017, 21:03

Rodril wrote:Additional way to cross continents added in today's update, some details in patch notes txt file. Some minor fixes about objects summoning and equipment appearance.
This is simply amazing. MM6-8 are ones of my favourite games and I've never thought anyone would make so much effort to make it better.
Rodril wrote: I can not reproduce error with guilds for now, i'll look into it further.
No worries. It's nothing game breaking. Keep up the good work!

Ironfist95
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironfist95 » 05 Dec 2017, 17:37

I absolutley love this. You've done an amazing job!

I noticed a few minor things. In Enroth certain units don't use ranged attacks the way they are supposed to.
So far I've noticed that for Mage Apprentices, all of the Great Wyrms, Lightining and Thunder Lizards, Air Elementals and I believe Supreme Titans (was dead so fast I couldn't quite figure it out :P).

Another thing I've noticed is about the lava terrain textures. I think they are still the same as in MM6, at least they look worse than other textures.
Last edited by Ironfist95 on 05 Dec 2017, 17:40, edited 2 times in total.

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 05 Dec 2017, 18:52

I started working on male Elfs bodies, but also I have made new version of body for human female pc-02 now with reconstructed clothes. ;) The package is going to Rodril.

albahr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby albahr » 05 Dec 2017, 22:07

J.M.Sower I can't wait to see those ingame! Are you planning to make human men also?

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 06 Dec 2017, 08:46

Melody Silver didn't leave party after Crusader promotion in MM6 and therefore stays forever.
Also, Bug with Light guild in Murmurwoods: it says "You must be member of the guild to study there"
After I dismissed Cauri in Murmurwoods once, she is gone forever and not presen at any Jadame adventurer inn
Last edited by Lucius on 06 Dec 2017, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 06 Dec 2017, 12:09

albahr wrote:J.M.Sower I can't wait to see those ingame! Are you planning to make human men also?
Yes, if I will have enough of power and free time I will made all characters from MM7.

kristal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kristal » 06 Dec 2017, 17:51

It would be great to add the doll Genie out of the project Children of the Void.

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 06 Dec 2017, 18:29

kristal wrote:It would be great to add the doll Genie out of the project Children of the Void.
I think at this time Rodril's intention is to make very clear merge of that games, without completly new concent. But it will be good to expand this project in future for example by adding Vori or goblins with blasters after MM7 evil plot ending. :devious:

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 06 Dec 2017, 20:06

Elf females added into selection roster of Enroth and Antagrich in today's patch, they will appear as mercenaries as well, some tweaks in monster's txt (some mm6 monsters getting back ranged attacks), thanks.
Lucius wrote:Melody Silver didn't leave party after Crusader promotion in MM6 and therefore stays forever.
Fixed, speak with Humphry again to remove her.
Lucius wrote:Also, Bug with Light guild in Murmurwoods: it says "You must be member of the guild to study there"
After I dismissed Cauri in Murmurwoods once, she is gone forever and not presen at any Jadame adventurer inn
Should not happen again after today's patch.
To return Cauri: press ctrl+f1 to open debug console, type: vars.MercenariesProps[30].CurContinent = 1 , -press ctrl+enter to execute this, she'll appear at Jadam's adventurer's inn next time you'll enter map with it.
kristal wrote:It would be great to add the doll Genie out of the project Children of the Void.
Aside of storyline, there might be a tech problem: while being woman, she does not have a lowerbody, but most of women's armor pictures do. It will require adding new doll into "Character doll types.txt" and erasing lower parts of armors.
J. M. Sower wrote:I started working on male Elfs bodies, but also I have made new version of body for human female pc-02 now with reconstructed clothes.
Looks very good. I've kept placeholders for elf males, would add more women after, to keep gender equality.

ryugasen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryugasen » 06 Dec 2017, 20:47

I'm thinking this work is amazing. I just started playing this from Enroth and I'm looking forward to seeing how the games will connect.

I've run into a problem that I think has to do with the new character models. When I try to equip armor or boots or capes on my characters, they 'disappear' i.e. the portrait doesn't change and instead I get this blue square with a red cross appearing in the top right corner. I'm still in New Sorpigal, so I'll comment stuff as I go along. I'm a completionist so I hope I can be of help. My party is S/S/DarkElf/C/S

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 06 Dec 2017, 21:00

The new Elf women seem to have their voices the wrong way around (Red-hair used to be the annoying one :D), and they have 11 Might instead of 7. Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but they have less Luck than the others.

Treasure Bags in Temple of Baa, for example, cannot be picked up for gold. Flour Bags don't produce food and Bags don't give random items.

The Fountain on Misty Islands next to Newton's Castle gives +5 to permanent fire resistance instead of temporary; the other elemental resistances are applied correctly.

Arena spawned round, floating cactuses that had no name and caused the game to crash upon right-clicking :D My characters were level 14 and I had the Lord difficulty.
Last edited by Phobos on 07 Dec 2017, 00:27, edited 5 times in total.

albahr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby albahr » 06 Dec 2017, 21:11

Oh, my Alexis, how much I've missed you! Great job guys.
ryugasen wrote:I've run into a problem that I think has to do with the new character models. When I try to equip armor or boots or capes on my characters, they 'disappear' i.e. the portrait doesn't change and instead I get this blue square with a red cross appearing in the top right corner.
I've tried to do the same - everything works for me (although some of the armour looks funny).
EDIT: It happened - after recruiting a random mercenary she had a mess in the inventory - puting stuff on her resulted in lacking textures and bows in very weird places (you don't wanna know).
I've run into something else tho - created a two-character party (Alexis being a sorceress and the moustache-elf being an archer) and the latter had her equipment multiplied by 4 (so 4 bows, 4 axes, 8 magic books etc). Is that intentional since I don't have 5 party members?

I hope I'll have some time over the weekend to help with adjusting the armour.

EDIT:
Next bugs:
- while entering Deyja from Erathia there's a man demanding you pay him 1000 gold or else zombies appear. Well, they don't.
- I can't evolve my priest into Priest of Light. I've cleansed the altar and it changed it's texture. Then I got back to Rachel (or whatever her name is) and she did not accept is as finished. So I got back to Evenmorn just to see the altar dirty again (but nothing happend when I tried to click it). Is there anything I'm missing?
Last edited by albahr on 06 Dec 2017, 22:59, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”