cthscr wrote:(And of course more features, more possibilities and even more fixes [that often can't be backported easily] are in 'master' branch of mmmerge @ gitlab)
Installation instruction: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/ ... al/Install
Issue/Bug tracker: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues
Here is thing i did for past time: merge of mm6, mm7, and mm8 on base of mm8 using MMExtension.
In case if info in this post becomes outdated, look to the quote above, or check topic: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17261
Game files v. 11.05.2021
GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19M2FCl ... sp=sharing
How to install:
1. Install GOG version of Might and Magic VIII.
2. Copy mod files into MM8 folder, replacing existing.
3. [Optional] - apply community files with more features - link
4. [Optional] - download localization files, links below.
How to update:
Due to changed structure of game files, this update does not come as little patch, you'll have to download entire archive to apply it. If you use localization - update it aswell.
If you use base version of the mod and already have it installed, simply extract archive into your game folder, replacing existing files. Do not forget to update localization files, if you use one.
If you use community version of the merge, updating process will be a bit more complicated:
1. Remove all files inside "DataFiles" folder of your game directory.
2. Apply merge files.
3. Apply community files (link).
4. Update localization (if you use it).
If you encounter issues during installation, check extended instruction:
https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/ ... al/Install
And of course, check community branch for more info: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge
A lot of them! Hall of fame.
German: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l44xd3is36ix ... Dwb0a?dl=0
- Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio.
Polish: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hs5tur167a50 ... bVeXa?dl=0
- Texts and mm7/mm8 audio. If mm6 sound localization exist, send it to me, please.
Russian: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q5ld445zeqi8 ... o1B0a?dl=0
- Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio + localized cross continent quests. There are two options: by Alexeevdenis and by Maslyonok.
French: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8u2mgfe73vfk ... 9_Pla?dl=0
- Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio + localized cross continent quests by Mozaki.
Czech: currently broken - blocks of lines in text files are randomly shifted. If any kind soul willing to revise it, here is link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eb10v8b9quhf ... 9VP3a?dl=0
- Only mm6/mm7/mm8 texts + localized cross continent quests by Templayer.
Spanish localization by Roor (might be outdated):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/chkqg9sonz7z ... c6dua?dl=0
- copy files in your "...\Data" folder to apply localization.
These localizations were made mostly automatically, and have not been tested enough yet. English texts were manually reviewed by Phobos, misspells and some quest descriptions were corrected, which stays in localizations, texts for new quests does not have existing translation, if you'll resolve some of this issues, please, share new texts here.
1. At certain points of stories you will receive instructions about traveling to other continents and explanation of it's purpose.
2. Party can be filled up at start or during gameplay by hiring random followers.
3. Game have weather effects (snow and rain), these are toggleable by new button in "Controls" menu.
4. Simple way to achieve high resolution (provided by China community): https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16658
Grayface's mmpatch 2.1 supports high resolution without any side software, check it's "readme".
5. I've used Marcon Phoenix's world map for new game menu.
6. Game bolstering monsters to match them with high levelled parties, who have already finished one of continents, if this became gamebreaking or annoying - disable or adjust bolster in "Controls" menu.
7. Use "f4" button to switch windowed and fullscreen mode in game.
8. Music is disabled by default, to enable it: open file "mm8.ini" via notepad, find line "PlayMP3=0", change it to "PlayMP3=1".
9. If music does not loop, convert .mp3 files into .wav (all music files stored in "Music" folder).
10. Cheat engine for merge: http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9058
11. "How-to" modify in-game graphics: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16923
12. "How-to" encode .smk videos for MM engine: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16916