Slow down timescale

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Grimples
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Slow down timescale

Unread postby Grimples » 22 Sep 2017, 05:42

Is it possible.
I would also like a copy of items.txt or whatever file the items & weapons are in, i cannot extract any files, MMArchive crashes, i only have the files MMExtension creates.

Thankyou

(edit)
I have items.txt using MM7View & have figured out how to make changes.
Last edited by Grimples on 22 Sep 2017, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

Grimples
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Slow down timescale

Unread postby Grimples » 06 Oct 2017, 11:01

I would have thought if it's possible to double the game speed then it should be possible to slow the game speed down. I was hoping Grayface would have an answer as he understands the scripts etc.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 21 Nov 2017, 12:03

Not sure if he means slowing the game's speed down or just the speed at which the time flies. So for instance an in-game hour could mean 10 minutes of real time. Or an hour of real time. Or whatever else. Right now I think it's 1 minute of our time = 1 hour of in-game time.

The biggest effect of this would be how long the buffs last and possibly if you go out how much you can accomplish before the nightfall. And timed quests, though there isn't many of those.

Grimples
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grimples » 26 Nov 2017, 13:57

Speed at which the time flies. If the game time can be doubled then it can be halfed, i dont know where that parameter is but Greyface does.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 04 Dec 2017, 12:12

Grimples wrote:Speed at which the time flies. If the game time can be doubled then it can be halfed, i dont know where that parameter is but Greyface does.
May not be a complete fix, but there is a program called cheat engine that I used for speed hacking before grayface's patch, I believe you can use it to half the speed. Although I havent used that program in years. Hope that helps.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Grimples
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grimples » 05 Dec 2017, 23:19

I got myself mixed up about the double speed, this will slow down the gameplay, this is not what i want, i want the passing of time to slow down only, longer days.

Return to “Might and Magic”