Hello. I am working to translate Might and Magic in Romanian and seemd to have hit snag with the introduction of Ș Ț Ă Î Â letters. I have managed to import fonts that support the letters mentioned earlyer, and succesfuly converted the ANSI txt files to utf-8 so i can edit them correctly in romanian with Notepad ++. Thing is the Game, Text edit and MMtool cannot display the letters.
Textedit shows me something like ăîâ?? ĂÎÂ?? with ? ? beeing Ș Ț respectively ș ț.
MMTool and MM 6 game is showing me this ÄƒÃ®Ã¢È™È› for ĂÎÂȘȚ or ăîâșț.
Right now i am scratching my head because i can't seem to understand what may be the problem. MM X uses UTF-8 for the romanian localization ...
All i want to do is to make MM 6 recognize these letters Ș Ț Ă Î Â. The fonts are allready in my patch.icons.lod and have been accepted by the game.
Never mind I have found the problem I had to change the input of my Keyboard from RO-Standard to RO-Legacy and make a change in the regional settings for non unicode programs to be set to romanian.
Now all is good and I can eddit even with Text edit in romanian. The game diplays the letters perfectly. Now to work at the fonts a bit so they look nice
The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Last edited by Djakal on Jun 21 2017, 21:57, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by Djakal on Jun 21 2017, 21:58, edited 3 times in total.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests