Mandate of Heaven on Windows 10

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mandate of Heaven on Windows 10

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 18 Jun 2017, 22:32

Hello:
I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10. Started installing my old games, and
they all worked, including Might and Magic VI, the Mandate of Heave. I was actually playing it,
and I quit the game to show my wife the introductory video, and now it won't re-start. It doesn't
even try to load from the CD. I purchased it from GOG as well, and the same problem without CD.
Anyone have this issue?
dhalgren17

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Mandate of Heaven on Windows 10

Unread postby Anubis » 20 Jun 2017, 08:00

Hello.

I've personally never had this issue. I have Windows 10 and MM6 works fine. The only things off the top of my head that I can think of:

- Run program as administrator (Try this first)
- Run program in compatibility mode

Also, I would recommend that you install GrayFace's patch: https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm

Sorry for the late reply.

Djakal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Djakal » 21 Jun 2017, 03:12

I had some problems staring it right from the bat and I have it from gog.com as well. All i did was install Grayface's patch then set MM6.exe to run as admin, set compatibility for it to win 98 and disabled fullscreen optimizations. All of that you can do by right cliking on MM6.exe and choose Propereties and you will find all these things on the Compatibilty tab.

Hope it will be of help :)

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 22 Jun 2017, 22:18

Thanks for the ideas. I kept changing the compatibility modes, along with color options, etc., and finally it just started working.

Return to “Might and Magic”