Additionally,included is preliminary support for enabling arbitrary display resolutions (screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ikK8BTg.png -- 1680x1050, note that the UI overlay is simply scaled)
Be aware that that is an alpha release and so there are still quite a few bugs (particularly with non-native game resolutions). That being said, I'd appreciate it if you report any bugs/issues you discover, including the following information in your post:
- Your OS version (e.g, "Windows 8")
- Your log file ("mmcl.log")
- Your crash-dump (if the game crashed)
- A screen-shot (if relevant)
- Any other relevant information.
- Extract/copy ddraw.dll and mmcl.ini to your installation folder (it should be alongside mm7.exe and the like)
There's a few settings you can configure via mmcl.ini
- Requires Windows Vista or later
- MMCL does not work with the game's "windowed" mode, however you can achieve the same effect by enabling "Windowed" in mmcl.ini
- Tested against 1.1 (filever: 18.104.22.168) and GrayFace (filever: 22.214.171.124) binaries.
- A small bug in the engine's UI rendering at larger resolutions has unfortunately required patching the game itself (this is done only at runtime, thus not persistent)
- Disable any compatibility-mode settings
- No custom resolution support for MM8 or MM6 (latter will be supported in release)
- [MM7/8] Game mouse-input does not work at all when using non-game-native (ie., not 640x480) resolutions -- UI input not affected.
- [MM7/8] Cursor behaviour/performance issues.
- [MM7/8] Incorrect rendering of monsters info. display when right-clicking
- [MM7/8] Rendering issues with software 3D mode ("Software" in the setup utility)
- [MM7] Breaks GrayFace patch's "MouseLook" feature.
- [MM7] Breaks GrayFace's "MMExtension"