Interesting M&M7 style game

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Interesting M&M7 style game

Unread postby koval321 » 29 Apr 2017, 18:15

Hey I come across this game called True Ending It look like M&M7 here is link to info
http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/10/t ... .html#more

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Interesting M&M7 style game

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Apr 2017, 18:38

Well, if they can make it work, not bad.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Troller
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby Troller » 03 May 2017, 12:04

koval321 wrote:Hey I come across this game called True Ending It look like M&M7 here is link to info
http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/10/t ... .html#more
I wouldn't get my hopes up it had a successful Greenlight over at steam in 2015 but haven't been heard from since…

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 04 May 2017, 22:59

Sad that nothing has come of it, it looks really promising. I'm not sure about the base building aspects, but a Might and Magic clone with roguelike features would be my dream game.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 07 May 2017, 22:57

I remember a M&M+roguelike game project in Unity from a while back. The author posted here, made very fast progress, wanted it to be a commercial game, but then I never heard of the project, this is probably the same project.
To me perma-death is a crazy idea. It's ok in games up to 2 hours in length, like ones on NES, but anything longer? No way! I wouldn't play or I would make a bat-file that creates a backup of game state on each run. That's how I played Diablo 2 with its insane experience loss on Hell (game designer responsible for death handling in Diablo 2 should be banned for life from having anything to do with gamedev).
Last edited by GrayFace on 07 May 2017, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”