MM7 Resolution mod UI scaling

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Meldragora
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7 Resolution mod UI scaling

Unread postby Meldragora » 04 Apr 2017, 06:08

I have a 1920x1080 monitor, and I'd like to use one of the resolution mods to make it fit the whole screen, but of the 2 I've found (Angel Death's res mod and MMResTool), I haven't gotten the first to work and the second doesn't scale the UI. Basically those are really small, with the party in the lower left corner, sidebar in the upper right, and shops/character pages/etc. in the upper left.

Is there a way to get MMResTool to scale the UI as well or another mod that gets them both? The res mod from mmgames.ru has one for mm6 that works like I want it to, but not for mm7

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Re: MM7 Resolution mod UI scaling

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 04 Apr 2017, 15:59

Known issues:
The mod only upgrades the 3D resolution of the in-game engine. However, it doesn't resize the 2D game-interface and character portraits, so with high resolution they look rather small. More major issue, however, which isn't game breaking; is, that animated 2D background images shown on places such as shops, other houses, and dungeon entrance screens are not visible. This may break some immersion of the game, depending of one's personal taste. The developer was initially meant to fix this on the next update, but the development was discontinued before this happened.
And it's only for MM7, cannot apply to MM6 or 8, contrary to what is said in that article

Meldragora
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM7 Resolution mod UI scaling

Unread postby Meldragora » 08 Apr 2017, 05:50

OK, but is there another mod for mm7 that doesn't have that issue? I seem to recall finding something that scaled everything on my previous computer, but I don't remember where I found it.

Return to “Might and Magic”