Bug with MMExtension 2.2 in MM6

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Solaire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Bug with MMExtension 2.2 in MM6

Unread postby Solaire » 24 Dec 2016, 02:06

I recently picked up MM6 again and installed MMExtension as well as the MM6 resolution mod to play more comfortably. Fairly early on, I attempted to go into a dungeon and experienced my first crash. Continuing through the game, I had no issues except the occasional crash when trying to enter specific dungeons.
I was able to figure out a workaround by disabling the MMExtension.dll file and keeping the rest intact. This allowed me to go into those dungeons I was not able to enter previously, but with strange side effects. Textures were mismapped on most buildings, sprites were twice their normal size (npcs in town as well as monsters), and dungeon events would not trigger (ie altars in the temple of the moon would damage you even if done in the right order, and will never open the door in the main room).
I am using the version from Amazon, not GoG or an original disc copy, so that may be why MMExtension doesn't like my file environment. I will do more experimentation to try to figure out what is causing these specific issues, but I am not a programmer, so I'll be forced to do testing in game instead of searching through code.
If anyone has experienced similar issues with dungeon crashes, I'd appreciate advice on how to avoid them!

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Bug with MMExtension 2.2 in MM6

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Dec 2016, 20:08

Here's an intermediate version where the bug is fixed: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/447 ... ionTmp.rar
And an intermediate version of mm6patch that fixes another crash caused by MM6 not being prepared to show such big sprites: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/447 ... tchTmp.rar
Last edited by GrayFace on 24 Dec 2016, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Solaire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Bug with MMExtension 2.2 in MM6

Unread postby Solaire » 25 Dec 2016, 01:02

Thank you so much! I didn't expect to get such a fast reply from the man himself. Thank you for the extraordinary amount of work you've done for this community, I and so many other people appreciate it. Have a great day Gray

Return to “Might and Magic”