MM9 - multilooting a black chest

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

MM9 - multilooting a black chest

Unread postby Jacko » 30 Oct 2016, 16:23

I can remember there is a dragon cave with a black chest in it which can be multilooted endlessly for all artefacts and relics.

I can remember i pulled it off...and this is it.

can anyone please remind me where the cave is (Lindisfarne...???) and how to multiloot the chest?

I remember it involved a lot of running and saving but not killing the dragon and i I did it fairly at the beginning of the game.

cheers!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: MM9 - multilooting a black chest

Unread postby Avonu » 30 Oct 2016, 19:14

Multilooting in MM9 is done by entering dungeon, opening black chest, exit and re-enter (dungeon will reset). If you have Lloyd's Beacon spell, multilooting is very easy to do - just enter cave, open both chests*, cast Lloyd's Beacon and leave dungeon. Now, when you cast the spell to enter dungeon, the dragon waon't be summoned (if you enter by entrace, he will).

*You need to loot chests or atrifacts in both of them will be lost forever - they will be removed from loot list and not obtainable ever more.

IIRC you can also remove map mini-save file from mini-save folder to reset map loot and enemies, but first loot black chest(s) and save game.

Dragon's Cave is located near Lindisfarne's Monastery - side path near approch to monastery itself.
Last edited by Avonu on 30 Oct 2016, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 30 Oct 2016, 19:35

OK. Thanks! I might be starting it again soon :)

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 31 Oct 2016, 22:03

I bet the more convenient chests are one inside The Training Halls and another one inside Lich Lab. Unless you want Super Guber Award.

Return to “Might and Magic”