Learning for a solo Archer /and bless/

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Learning for a solo Archer /and bless/

Unread postby Jacko » 29 Oct 2016, 22:12

* I am wondering - how much shall i pump Learning skill for my solo Archer?

Atm, she has it at Master 7 plus a bonus of 15 from Scholar cap.

How important is learning anyway...?

*Second issue - bless is useful for solo Archer? The shoot bonus is not that big.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Re: Learning for a solo Archer /and bless/

Unread postby Phobos » 31 Oct 2016, 18:59

Learning is very useful to max, but I wouldn't invest too much after that. Probably none, but it might make sense to go up to 8-10 if you intend to kill A LOT of monsters.

Consider this: If you invest one more point into the skill at Master 7, you will consume 8 SP and get a 3 % EXP point bonus. To get the lost skill points back, you would have to gain an extra level up from the 3 % EXP bonus (level ups after 30 earn you 8 or more skill points). That means at the very least 30,000 extra experience points, probably more. To get them, you would have to kill monsters that amount to a total of 1,000,000 base experience after investing the 8th point. That would be 46 Red Dragons, for example. If you invest more points, you will have to kill much more monsters to get your skill points' worth. But if you're successful, you will not only gain all the skill points but some extra HP and SP as well. Still, I would consider using most of your skill points somewhere else. Learning's returns diminish considerably after a character has reached his maximum skill level.

If you value the extra experience in itself or want to go for something like a higher score, then by all means invest all the skill points you want into Learning. The above is a more economic approach.

Bless is quite useful. At low levels the effect is noticeable, at higher levels it's very subtle. If you have a bow of carnage, you will hit all the time anyway.
Last edited by Phobos on 31 Oct 2016, 19:24, edited 4 times in total.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Oct 2016, 22:15

I have got all the bows in the world now ;)

But i alternate between of carnage and of darkness (both top tier - griffin bows). I have Ulisses too but of darkness is waaay better imho.

i also have anya shelvig and griffin of dragon but tbh the only 2 bows i will ever need are darkness and carnage.

well, i got learning to master 10 - i like round numbers :) i also have scholar cap instructor and scholar.

Now i only use haste potions - GM bow at level 23 is good BUT with haste potion and of darkness bow ot is really quick - it makes me want to try a solo dark elf in mm8 even in spite of the bow bug - bonus from items /fleetfingers, bows/ does not increase dmg :( but otoh in mm7 now i only use skillpoints to increase the dmg so not a big deal.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Oct 2016, 22:16

I have got all the bows in the world now ;)

But i alternate between of carnage and of darkness (both top tier - griffin bows). I have Ulisses too but of darkness is waaay better imho.

i also have anya shelvig and griffin of dragon but tbh the only 2 bows i will ever need are darkness and carnage.

well, i got learning to master 10 - i like round numbers :) i also have scholar cap instructor and scholar.

Now i only use haste potions - GM bow at level 23 is good BUT with haste potion and of darkness bow ot is really quick - it makes me want to try a solo dark elf in mm8 even in spite of the bow bug - bonus from items /fleetfingers, bows/ does not increase dmg :( but otoh in mm7 now i only use skillpoints to increase the dmg so not a big deal.

Return to “Might and Magic”