MM7 2 member party

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

MM7 2 member party

Unread postby Jacko » 15 Oct 2016, 10:29

Hi again guys after half a year break!

I guess I got addicted to mm games!

As I wrote in one of the previous threads I finished MM7 solo Sorc game - awesome experience!

Now I want to play with 2 toons - 2 x archers as my daughter got hellbent on being there with me ;)

And again I would like to ask you some questions. Your expert advice proved invaluable the last time I played!

Ok, here I go again:
- for arhcers - all accuracy and speed?
- might - any useful?
- I want to go all bow...doable?
- or shallI get spear (2H) or maybe 2 x dagger and expert armsmaster?

-And what about a solo arhcer...

-btw, can I get Ulisses, Ania Selving and Perfect Bow from the emerald island dragon? Or Perfect bow only from stronghold?

- what would be the best bow options for Archers? EDIT: I just got a griffin bow of Darkness :) shall I keep it or trade it for Ulisses or Perfect Bow? And how does of carnage bows fit into this picture?

So, the thing is: of carnage vs of darkness vs Artefacts /relics?

I also got one bow of carnage but it is the mid range bow. any good? is the explosive impact affected by the bow dmg?

- any special pieces of equipmen I should keep an eye out for?

- Btw, shall I go allout Bow or maybe bother a little with Master Fire for Meteor Shower and maybe try to get Rings that increase fire magic?

Icould really appreciate some of your insights guys!

Now to gaming...kill Maveric get wand kill dragon and...multiloot *evil grin*
Last edited by Jacko on 16 Oct 2016, 16:46, edited 3 times in total.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Re: MM7 2 member party

Unread postby Macros the Black » 18 Oct 2016, 09:18

I don't have time for a long reply right now, but since no one responded yet.. Yes, bow skill is amazing with Archers, put your extra points in that. If you get anywhere close to the recovery time cap you will be an absolute beast. Think blasters but two projectiles at once and more damage. Keep an of Carnage with you to stunlock multiple enemies at once where possible (they get stuck in their recovery animation if you're fast enough), but also keep an of Darkness/Ulyses bow. You might actually be hindering yourself taking an extra character with you, as it will delay the moment until you have enough skill points that bows get completely broken ^^

Hopefully someone else can answer the rest.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 18 Oct 2016, 11:32

Thank you! I thought noone would answer this...

Funny thing, as only the other night I was thinking of restarting the game and going for a solo Archer and equipping him with the Learning Cap :)

And what about Spear and Armsmaster? get these to exp?

cheers!

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 18 Oct 2016, 17:22

Obviously Armsmaster is great, don't know about spear. You probably would fight most things from the distance, but I'm pretty sure Armsmaster helps with that too? If it doesn't then well, I don't know the game well enough :D Which is quite possible. Never bothered with solo character runs. I like to dress them up too much.

Remember that skill thresholds (Might, Endurance etc.) are actually really difficult to reach later on so items that give +10 to all skills etc are generally useless mid to late game, so it's best to focus on other bonuses.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 19 Oct 2016, 13:09

Armmaster is good but not as good as it could be unfortunatelly so if you dont miss too much may skip somewhat, as it doesnt grant dmg boost. This is why rogues are so potent in late game, because dmg boost+ reduced recovery rate makes them killing machines. I really wonder why people insist rogue is weak class in late game, they hit as hard as knights.
Anyway, low tier skills are cheap so no reason to not invest at least some points if it gives boost.
Stats on other hand not that vital as they are manageable only at start of game, others are free anyway, and you cant control too much what you raise.
Last edited by Tress on 19 Oct 2016, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Oct 2016, 18:33

Tress wrote:This is why rogues are so potent in late game, because dmg boost+ reduced recovery rate makes them killing machines. I really wonder why people insist rogue is weak class in late game, they hit as hard as knights.
I don't call Rogues weak, but the difference between them and Knights is durability. Rogues sacrifice that for their other utility (Disarm Trap, etc.).
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 19 Oct 2016, 19:57

But in the description it says armsmaster only affects malee and bows are not malee...

i restarted and now have a solo Archer. She sisposed of emerald isle dragon and depatted with scholar cap ulissess bow water magic / speed boots and ideal crossbow of carnage.

I like rouges daggers and armsmaster is a good combo.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 19 Oct 2016, 21:38

Yeah, Armsmaster is only for melee. It doesn't help bows

Melee may not be nescesary with Invisibility, but it won't cost many points to at least expert some skills. Dagger + Dagger early on, then switch to Spear + Dagger later if you can get close to the recovery time cap (with Haste).

Hmm, multilooting :canthear: That poor dragon just can't catch a break!
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 20 Oct 2016, 06:36

I just love to multiloot the poor thing :) With a tall glass of milk and Euronews in the background ;)

But back to the issue at hand - when using bow actually only Bless (for chance to hit) and Haste (for quicker recovery) potions wil apply as I noticed Heroism does not affect bow dmg :( Is there any other wy of increasing bow dmg aside from pumping points into bow skill?

Is using Spear in two hands better as descritption says something about it being more efficient when using in both hands?

And now I will do some other stuff not including killing: 1st - archer promo with invisibility scroll, then crusader promo with a wand of paralysis and shrapmetal *evil grin....easy...and of course multiloot the 2nd dragon as I am hellbent on getting griffin bow of carnage (I only have ideal crossbow of carnage atm) , griffin bow of darkness and ...I don't know...some other stuff that will catch my fancy - maybe this artefact chainmail that reduces by 50% missile dmg...any suggestions on the pieces of equipment aI shall keep my eye out for?

EDIT: It just hit me - What about Meteor Shower and Master Fire Magic? With ring of fire and Spell Master it could be useful from time to time when flying around mobs...?
Last edited by Jacko on 20 Oct 2016, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 20 Oct 2016, 14:27

No other way to increase bow damage.. But it's speed will make up for that :)
Is using Spear in two hands better as descritption says something about it being more efficient when using in both hands?
The damage is comparable, but with spear + dagger you have an extra enchantment to use.
any suggestions on the pieces of equipment aI shall keep my eye out for?
That wand of Paralysis is the most important imo. Archers don't have Stealing iirc, so you're going to have to kill the blaster guy and that's probably the hardest part for you.

That chain mail is not so good, the spell Shield does the same thing and they don't stack I think.

Also pick up the Medusa's Mirror in the Red Dwarf Mines, Cloak of the Sheep in the temple of baa, and the Faerie Ring in the Fairy Mound. Charele and Old Nick (if evil) seem good for melee weapons. As an Archer, Ania Selving might be useful. It's actually interesting how many different bows can be helpful - which is best probably depends on how close you are to reaching the recovery time cap.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 20 Oct 2016, 16:53

Thank you for insights!

I have Ulisses bow, no Ania Shelvig. But I can try to multiloot the 2nd dragon for that :) i completely forgot about Ania +5 bow skill bonus :( and accuracy ....ehh...

ania shelving seems to be better choice then ulisses....?

Shall i use chain or leather armour? Leather is only expert 4 for the no recovery penalty and chain requires master 7 for that and gm 10 if u want 2/3 missile dmg....which can be replaced by a quick drink...;) shield elixir that is :)

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 20 Oct 2016, 19:00

Btw, is there a difference in recovery rate between bows and xbows and between different bows?

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 21 Oct 2016, 10:33

I don't call Rogues weak, but the difference between them and Knights is durability. Rogues sacrifice that for their other utility (Disarm Trap, etc.).
I mean not you and in this case particular. I have seen several mentions of that , like mm6-7-8 comparison thread for latest. Sure they have lower surv but damage wise I think they are insane, which is what matters unless you play with broken party that doesnt have protective spells.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Oct 2016, 01:46

The best way is to play and discover for yourself! I've marked one answer with white as spoiler.
Jacko wrote: - might - any useful?
Sure, for melee!
Jacko wrote: - I want to go all bow...doable?
Yes, investing in Bow will make it extremely effective. There still are few places where you'd have a melee encounter right away.
Jacko wrote: - or shallI get spear (2H) or maybe 2 x dagger and expert armsmaster?
Daggers.

Jacko wrote: I also got one bow of carnage but it is the mid range bow. any good? is the explosive impact affected by the bow dmg?

Yes and yes. Of carnage + good bow skill = cheat. Most importantly it stops monsters whenever it hits them, which with Haste and/or good Bow skill makes them barely move. That is, when playing in real time.

Jacko wrote:- Btw, shall I go allout Bow or maybe bother a little with Master Fire for Meteor Shower and maybe try to get Rings that increase fire magic?
Just get the Haste. And Berzerk if you wish, it's very effective, but you don't get XP from monsters killing each other.
Last edited by GrayFace on 23 Oct 2016, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 23 Oct 2016, 09:25

Thanks guy! Really thorough!

One more issue - expert leather /i got top tier one with +24armour class/ or all the way to GM chain and Governours Armour?

EDIT: how important are the resistances? Now I need to choose my two NPCs and all my res are at 0 atm, so is it worthwhile to take an Enchanter for the 20 all res? I want to have an Instructor and...Enchanter or ArmsMaster? She is Armsmaster expert with gloves of arms (+12 armsmaster bonus; cannot get nything with higher valuse, like +24 :( )

or maybe a Fallen Wizard for the hour of power?
Last edited by Jacko on 23 Oct 2016, 16:57, edited 2 times in total.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 24 Oct 2016, 00:19

Not sure about Armor. Less points spent on armor means more spent on bow skill - which may stunlock enemies so your armor class doesn't matter. On the other hand, that GM bonus on Chain may save your hide. Hmm. I would just GM chain for the heck of it, but that's me. I could see experting leather being the better way to go.

Resistances do get important. I'd say it's about as important as Armor Class (but harder to get on equipment).

Fallen Wizard and/or Expert Healer (master healer is not needed in a solo game - no point in curing death ^^) are the best ones to get imo.
Last edited by Macros the Black on 24 Oct 2016, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 24 Oct 2016, 18:25

But Fallen Wizard looks tempting. Bless heroism shield....attack and shoot bonus from his HoP is more then 30% .normally i am in 30ish and after his HoP im in 40ish...so 30% better chance to hit with malee weapon or bow. On paper it looks huge but i wander whatcit looks like in real life...game I meant ;) maybe i will do some fight with and without the fallen wizard.

Return to “Might and Magic”