Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling v1.0

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

GrayFace
Archangel
Archangel

Re: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling v1.0

Postby GrayFace » Jul 23 2017, 2:23

Yes, if there are 50 palettes (the limit in the game), one would be messed up in hardware mode.
[edit] Note that the limitation is removed in MMExt.
Last edited by GrayFace on Jul 23 2017, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

galneon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby galneon » Aug 18 2017, 3:04

I don't think future users of this mod should have to suffer the monotony of manual editing just because I had to, so I've uploaded the fixed skill/HP/SP tables, in accordance with the tables in the OP. Place these in \Data\Tables:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5id4uw9j0 ... Skills.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2dg301aa6 ... _HP_SP.txt
Last edited by galneon on Aug 18 2017, 20:11, edited 2 times in total.

Echo
Scout
Scout

Postby Echo » Aug 23 2017, 23:22

Hey, well done, my apologies for losing them somehow somewhere in the first place :<

I linked this post in the opening edit so it will not go unnoticed.
Last edited by Echo on Aug 23 2017, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

Echo
Scout
Scout

Postby Echo » Nov 21 2017, 22:37

Okay so inspired by the wonderful work of the fella who merges all three games, I found a few minutes to dig through my modling files and I think I've managed to find or extract all of the changed files to make them easy to access separately. Maybe in the future I'll have time to play around this some more or maybe someone else would like to use just parts of this modling in their game.

Either way, feel free to download these files and use them however you wish. The textures are a bigger resolution than in regular game so they look nicer, but I think you need that hardware acceleration thingie on.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QyMp2 ... BpfGESMZuA

I did not include the file that changes the areas. These are only the assets, the quest, and text files that you can put into your own EnglishT.lod, icons.lod, and bitmaps.lod files as you see fit :) Pick and choose and all that.

If you want the full package, well, get the full package from the first post :P

Cheers.
Last edited by Echo on Nov 22 2017, 0:40, edited 2 times in total.

Meldragora
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Meldragora » Feb 25 2018, 0:50

Hello Echo and Echo's fans! I just wanted to share the way that I personally was able to get this to work with the choose party mod for MM8, since it required me to install everything in a particular order. On top of the clean install, I first installed Grayface's Patch, then dgvoodoo2 (personal preference because I like using my entire monitor, get it if you want it), the Choose Party mod, then Echos MM8MM, and if you want the rebalanced classes download the modling in parts and copy the text files in it to your Data/Tables folder. Hopefully this helps if anyone else wants to use these together. Note that it will cause starting as a dragon to only be able to pick dragon ability for skills, so I just removed the start as a dragon.lua file (whatever it's called) from Scripts/General. All of these files can be found fairly easily in this forum is you search for them. Happy Modding!

Belcanzor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Belcanzor » Apr 6 2019, 7:02

How difficult is add your mods (all of them) to the merge 678?
They're great!

Echo
Scout
Scout

Postby Echo » Apr 6 2019, 13:18

Hey, glad you like the mods :)

But I have absolutely no idea how they could be added to the merge :< You'd have to ask the Merge wizards, I fear.

Return to “Might and Magic”