Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling v1.0

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Echo
Demon
Demon

Re: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling v1.0

Unread postby Echo » 23 Jul 2016, 21:07

What do you mean static-looking? And no normal sprites?

I will upload the files I have in my current install. I'm 100% certain DWI works as intended there as I tested it on a fresh game. The file with Escaton's Palace includes some more stuff too, but it sure adds difficulty to places.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 23 Jul 2016, 21:30

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ERts ... c5SHM/view

Here's the full package. I've included any needed explanation inside.

Actually, I think I might know what you mean by the lifeless sprites. It happened to me a long time ago, I remember being creeped out since it hit me in Shadowspire and those necromancers were just... gliding around. Very high creep factor. Nothing to do with this mod though, I've no idea why it happens sometimes in MM8 but that's a vanilla game bug. If that's the thing that happened to you anyhow.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 24 Jul 2016, 08:17

this is my issue, it may not be mod related, but would you know how to fix?
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 24 Jul 2016, 09:18

The character has a missing palette for some reason. The road is jacked up too, it shouldn't look like this.

But I see the ground isn't blurred, that would mean you are not running the 3D acceleration mode? Or is it a matter of a screenshot? I know that in MM7 I had anomalies like that with custom content when I ran the game without the acceleration, so I'd say that's the issue. It changes a lot of things in the game, when I was playing MM7rev4mod with Maestro's addition even quests and text was broken when I ran the game in the wrong mode.

Ser Ironfist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ser Ironfist » 08 Aug 2016, 15:45

I'm very excited about how this project is going to evolve. You are doing all the things I did and wanted to do and much more. I hope we will see more of this great work :)

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 09 Aug 2016, 08:26

It's quite finished for now, I don't have the time to dabble more, but you're free to take the files, make your own edits on top of mine, and share them here as well :)

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 14 Aug 2016, 21:35

What's up Echo your looking lovely... Congratulations on finishing your mod that's quite impressive usually people don't really finish anything in this forum hmm... i didn't know what kind of flowers you like... so i got you this TV's user manual :]
got any other projects going on or are you already planning your artist retirement?...

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 08 Sep 2016, 00:55

The class skill changes weren't included in the downloads.

I went ahead and got MMExtension, and it looks like the appropriate files are supposed to be in the \Data\Tables\ folder:
ClassSkills.txt
Class HP SP.txt
and maybe Class Starting Skills.txt

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 08 Sep 2016, 02:05

I went ahead and edited them myself manually from the screenshots on page 1. Tedious, but not hard.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 09 Sep 2016, 19:14

That's strange, I thought I uploaded the most updated files. I'll have to reupload them then, I guess. Too many things for my brain to handle, clearly :P

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 14 Nov 2016, 08:33

Aw sh---poop. This has speedy.sh links as well. I will see later today if I still have the same zips somewhere to reupload them elsewhere, but if I'll fail this modling might be stuck with the 'everything and the kitchen sink' version :(

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 04 Dec 2016, 19:50

good job!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 05 Dec 2016, 14:41

Thanks! And my apologies for barging into the MM8 modding 'scene' with my nickname, given your project's name, but I've been using this for yeeeeears :p

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 15 Jan 2017, 18:52

I have added an alive link for the thing, but I don't actually know what exactly is in it, aside of "everything" being in it. It probably includes the Escaton palace and everything else, but hey, that's better than a completely dead link I guess :p

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 19 Apr 2017, 00:00

Definitely better, yes. Thanks for the upload :)

It does look like the class and skill changes are still not included (thought the class name changes are, interestingly). Like the above poster, I'll be delving into MMExtension to fix.

I flew around Shadowspire with an old save and my, my, is this going to be a livelier game than before! :D
Love the new sprites and paperdolls.

Valoel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Valoel » 19 Apr 2017, 19:50

Thank for some amazing work Echo - I love it :-)

If you decide to finish/polish the work I am willing to host the mod indefinitely (ei through torrent) so that everyone can get it and nothing gets lost.

Best Regards

Valoel

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 29 Jun 2017, 05:37

Now that I've played the mod a bit more, I can say this is the only way I'll be playing MM8 now.
I LOVE the added spawns! They're well placed, and strategic. They really make things more interesting and challenging. Going to seek some of the hidden artifacts is quite a bit more challenging now, but still possible.

I know you're done with the mod, but I thought I'd mention a few things I found for other folks who may be interested. Twice now, a camp of monsters has disappeared after I engaged them. So far, I have seen this with the Ratmen and the couple Unicorns by the Temple of Eep in Ravenshore, and by a group of Ogre Magi on the hills S of the Ogre Fortress in Alvar.

With the Ratmen, it seemed to be time based. I had a save I could experiment with. A period after they first engaged me, they disappeared. This included the corpses of those I had killed, as well as the Unicorns that I had not even engaged. If I sat at a distance, viewing them without engaging them, they remained. I ended up killing them quickly and grabbing the bodies before they all disappeared. I had to just lose the Unicorns entirely.

With the Ogre Magi, I had no decent save, and didn't really feel up to challenging the whole camp. They just up and vanished while I was flying away from them (and the couple I killed before flying). Interestingly, the cauldrons they were guarding remained.

These two instances, while regrettable, are hardly an issue. The vast majority of all the interesting new things exist and work just fine. So far, those two camps disappearing have in no way detracted from my enjoyment of the mod.

Finally, I see that my Dragon's Flame Blast spell does no damage. I'm guessing, thought that this is an error I created somehow with my fat-fingered tinkering with the spell data via the MMEditor.

All in all, great stuff!

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 04 Jul 2017, 23:39

I drop by here every couple of months or so and it's a very nice surprise to see someone enjoyed the modling :)

It's a shame I didn't have the time to actually play the game through with it so I had no way to balance it and it's all a bit all over the place. But I guess as far as adding some variety to the game goes, all over the place might be just okay :)

The disappearing encounters are truly strange, I wouldn't begin to have a clue what's that about.

Also, just so it's clear in case I don't drop by for a long long time - I give people free permission to modify this mod, reupload it places full or in parts. I'd only ask someone to post about any such thing here so I can check it out :)

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 22 Jul 2017, 16:08

This problem happens to me (same as one I saw above)

I have grayface patch installed, tried both Software 3D and Hardware Acceletared 3D, even tried windowed mode and models still look the same, so it's probably something regarding the model palettes included in the file themselves.

Also I can't download MMExtension anymore from grayface's google site, someone should let him know link is down.
Last edited by joanthedark on 22 Jul 2017, 16:22, edited 4 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 Jul 2017, 17:40

@joanthedark
Grayface wrote:[-] My bug: Palettes were messed up in Avlee.
I'm just guessing here, but maybe Grayface messed up some palettes in MM8 as well? Is it still the same issue even without his patch?
Last edited by Anubis on 22 Jul 2017, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”