MM6 HD (Smoother Graphics) Mod

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
limerx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM6 HD Mod

Unread postby limerx » 02 Apr 2017, 09:29

Thanks! Much appreciated.

limerx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby limerx » 02 Apr 2017, 10:19

Sorry, further help is desired.
The HD elements don't seem to be being loading in the game, are there any installation steps beyond copying the files from the RAR into the MM6 installation path?

Some background:
To my understanding I have both the patch and the extension installed, to install the patch I ran the EXE and then copied over the files from the "tmp" download into the installation path.
For the MMExtension, I only have the MMExtenisonTmp.rar download, as based on this thread - https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... 00#p367572 - it is the one to use as the original is producing a 404, do I need something more than the Tmp download?
The Patch definitely seems to work as quicksaving with F11 works, which I think was only introduced with the patch, and it is playing MP3 files.
I'm not sure how to confirm whether the MMExtension aspect is working though.
It is also worth noting that I have the files for the editor too, although I don't plan on using it, could this be an issue?

I have also played around with the files, renaming hd.sprites.lod and hd.bitmaps.lod to sprites.lod and bitmaps.lod respectively, but when I do this bitmaps.lod changes the world into funky colours and sprites.lod makes all the sprites twice the size, so I assume that this isn't the correct method :)

I'm not running the game with any compatibility mode settings and I'm using the resMod to allow me to run it in windowed mode at a higher resolution.

Thanks in advance.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Apr 2017, 06:02

Redownload the HD, I've updated the script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/313uxife6akzr ... d.rar?dl=0 It won't fix your issue, but it will fix a few others.
limerx wrote:I'm not sure how to confirm whether the MMExtension aspect is working though.
It is also worth noting that I have the files for the editor too, although I don't plan on using it, could this be an issue?
Ctrl+F1 should bring up the console if MMExt is active.
Last edited by GrayFace on 03 Apr 2017, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

limerx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby limerx » 03 Apr 2017, 17:26

Thank you, I redownloaded and placed the files (untouched) into the installation path. As you eluded to, it does not seem to have allowed to files to load.
I pressed CTRL+F1 and it did indeed bring up a console window, so that seems to be functioning.

Any suggestions?

Edit: something has changed, after adding these new HD file the pause hourglass and hand are now twice the size they were before
Last edited by limerx on 03 Apr 2017, 17:49, edited 2 times in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 Apr 2017, 16:16

Oops, I forgot I changed hd.sprites.lod. Please redownload https://www.dropbox.com/s/313uxife6akzr ... d.rar?dl=0
This also means that mm6hd is working for you.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

limerx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby limerx » 04 Apr 2017, 19:41

Thank you, yes I am seeing a difference, maybe I was expecting too much, thanks for all your help :)

SirGallant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirGallant » 19 Jun 2017, 18:23

I installed this mod but when I ran MM6.exe it just opens MMExtension Debug Console with the following error. I have Patch v2.0 and MMExtension v2.1 installed.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
\Might and Magic VI\Scripts\General\mm6hd.lua:13: attempt to call field 'prot' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
\Might and Magic VI\Scripts\General\mm6hd.lua:13: in function 'dofile'
Scripts\Core\main.lua:814: in function 'dofile'
Scripts\Core\main.lua:834: in main chunk

local variables of 'dofile':
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = true
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = (userdata: 0x01af65b0)
(*temporary) = "\\Might and Magic VI\\data\\"
(*temporary) = 28272048
(*temporary) = "hd.sprites.lod"
(*temporary) = "\\Might and Magic VI\\data\\hd.sprites.lod"
(*temporary) = "hd.sprites.lod"
(*temporary) = (function: 0x01ae2e80)
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to call field 'prot' (a nil value)"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

Any help is appreciated. :)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Jun 2017, 08:49

SirGallant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirGallant » 21 Jun 2017, 01:57

Thank you! :) It works now.

EstelRandir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby EstelRandir » 24 Jun 2019, 05:28

I have downloaded all these files & extracted them into the main game directory. I do not see any difference. Also is this compatible with the most recent greyface patch?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Jun 2019, 03:17

EstelRandir wrote:I have downloaded all these files & extracted them into the main game directory. I do not see any difference. Also is this compatible with the most recent greyface patch?
You should install the newest version of the patch and ignore that old mm6patchTmp link. MMExt and MM6HD links should be fine, but only for now. https://grayface.github.io/mm/#MM6-Upscaled-Textures is the always relevant link.

EstelRandir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM6 HD (Smoother Graphics) Mod

Unread postby EstelRandir » 25 Jun 2019, 05:20

It's working now. The difference is more subtle than the high resolution mod for MM7 & 8. It does take the "pixilated edge" off things a bit. It is a shame that these older games take so much work to redo the textures & there is the limited game memory to deal with.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 07 Jan 2021, 17:43

I've updated the archive. Now it's an actual neural upscale done with help of Gigapixel A.I. and custom software for post-processing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/313uxife6akzr ... d.rar?dl=1
I'm soon hoping to finally release something much bigger when it comes to MM6.
Last edited by GrayFace on 07 Jan 2021, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

keksua
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keksua » 26 Jan 2021, 14:30

GrayFace wrote:I've updated the archive. Now it's an actual neural upscale done with help of Gigapixel A.I. and custom software for post-processing:
Sweet, Thank you!

zealot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zealot » 01 Feb 2021, 16:39

GrayFace wrote:I've updated the archive. Now it's an actual neural upscale done with help of Gigapixel A.I. and custom software for post-processing:
I was wondering if there is any chance to see a screenshot of comparaison between the vanilla and your version of the graphics ?
I have another question if you don't mind, is it compatible with the mm8 merge ? Thank you in advance !

Novi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Novi » 12 Mar 2021, 21:27

GrayFace wrote:I'm soon hoping to finally release something much bigger when it comes to MM6.
Could maybe hint what that something's going to be? :embarrased:

Zoltan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zoltan » 18 Apr 2021, 00:47

How do you install this?

M_E_N_E
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby M_E_N_E » 08 May 2022, 12:56

hi guys, i just installed all files; grayspatch 2.57 + mmextension 2.2 + hd textures + mm6patch ... but still there is no change in the resolution and graphics/texture quality. Is there anyone who can tell each steps?

Return to “Might and Magic”