solo mm7 toon

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Re: solo mm7 toon

Unread postby Jacko » 16 Jan 2016, 21:11

So maybe i try to ressurect them and when without weakness i will kill them again ;)

Just got water master. Took a few reloads though.

u were right - i missed 2 lamps in bracada.

Now i wll do the choice and get dark.

Do u think master fire will come in handy?

Or just wait for dark spells?

The only killing i have to do is rid castle of goblins which can b done with bows. Dwares rescue with invisibility. So maybe madter fire redundant?

Alchemy looks like a cool option as all potions i need dont require more then madter alchemy.

need to hire spellmaster and instructor now.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 16 Jan 2016, 21:12

Btw, expert fire is good for better light on torch light ;)

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 17 Jan 2016, 02:20

If you are already near the choice you might as well skip fire magic. Expert is all I go in fire usually because of Torch Light. You are going to have starburst at your rate before you have a reason to get fire up which makes meteor shower almost pointless.

Also the dark proving grounds are MUCH tougher than the light proving grounds which you just walk on in with invisibility. Definitely go and do the Lich quest first.

Spell Masters in MM7 only apply to elemental magic instead of all magic like they do in MM6.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 06:47

Yes, i noticed the spellmaster 'shortcoming'.

But now i played a little with fireball sparks so she came in handy, the spellmaster. Later i will simply ditch her and hire someone else.

for starburst i will have to go air GM. are there immune monsters like titans in mm6?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 07:11

And exp gain in solo is amazing.

i killed about 25 - 30 goblins in harmondale beeing 10005 exp points short of clvl 17. I wanted to see if so low level critters will grant any significant exp.

Imagine my surprise when i noticed i was about 7000 short of clvl 18!

All this with master learning scholar cap and instructor.

so far i had only this battle and clearing harmondale.

all missions so far with invisibility and fly. And so far disarm has been proving completely unnecessary.

maybe instead of spellmaster i will take some utility npc like a healer?

Already have a ring of air from quest and ring of fire from wronthrax which was dead easy with invisibility and a wand of paralyzing ;)

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 07:16

Btw, theonly npc that comes to mind instead of spellmaster is scholar, expert healer and enchanter for additional 20 res. Which one would you take alongside the onstructor?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 17 Jan 2016, 08:00

Same thing, Titans are immune. Other than that just air elementals which are very rare.

I'd probably have duper/merchant for most of the game because you only get expert merchant. You can't sell what you have for a lot, and as a Sorcerer you have to spend a ton of gold to buy spells.

Your other choice is instructor/teacher for experience gain once you have enough gold.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 17 Jan 2016, 08:03

As I mentioned earlier, solo your midgame will be closer to level 40. The experience just piles up and that's usually without learning above skill 1 or the learning cap.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 10:25

I just did the plans and the prisoner with invisibility. Will come back later to clear the places.

I can see there will be many skillpoints as too just consumed the lamps for a whooping 64 extra skill points.

since there will be some lower levels areas to clear dark spells seem to cost too much at the beginning so maybe i will get master fire for Inferno. Inferno was very iseful inn mm6 along with RoF.

And ID item skill.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 19:11

Where can I get Dark Guild membership?

In the pit I cannot learn dark - must be member first.

Im still befor lich promotion.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 17 Jan 2016, 19:41

To gain Dark membership, you must first complete the Proving Grounds quest. The dark proving grounds are a PAIN. It's filled with Behemoths, Fire Elementals, and Gogs.

In order to actually learn even basic dark, you would have to be promoted to Lich first anyway.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 20:35

Im doing Mist now. Got one key. Two to go. Jars and lich promo then.

im afraid dark proving grounds might make me rethink my approach to elemental magics - i might take fire to master and air to gm. Skill point - wise its not gonna be gamebreaking but i feel i will have to do some more quests and levelling up before attempting dark grounds.

with fire and air i will clear some areas easily and beef up a little more.

any tips on attempting dark proving grounds maybe?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 20:37

Btw, do i need blasters to finish the game? Or magics can handle it for me?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 17 Jan 2016, 20:42

Clear out the eastern half (yes all of it) and then run back toward the entrance. Cast invisibility and attempt to get past the behemoths on the final stretch. If you bring Telekinesis (or a scroll of it) you don't have to actually make it all the way to the back door, just pressing it with Telekinesis counts. If you do it right you don't have to fight any Behemoth other than the first set which you can trap and just pound on mercilessly by using the little escape hatch on the left side. You still have to kill a couple dozen fire elementals and just as many gogs. Fire elementals are immune to fire obviously. Use poison spray or sparks as normal.

You could get creative with Lloyd's Becaon, but every time you leave the whole place respawns.

Bring lots of mana potions, healing potions, and fire resistance.
Last edited by Arret on 17 Jan 2016, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 17 Jan 2016, 20:42

No you don't need blasters, especially dark side. The only things that can only be hit by blasters are the sharks in the Shoals which are completely optional.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 21:16

Everytime i leave it respawns? Well, with all this learning it could be a very nice place to level up a lot, isnt it? Especially now with master learning 7 + bonus of 30. If goblins gave significant exp i wander what it will look like in there. But cool tip about respawning. Thanks!

so i guess im getting higher levels on elemental magics then.

And i thought there is ring of fire too but there isnt. Something similar. And inferno burns me too. Not good - different in mm6.

Sparks point blank are awesome. Havent tried much poison spray so far. Fireball and sparks mostly. Lightning bolt to finish off.

Wand of paralyzing will come in handy maybe. Got the water artefact boots so with a spellmaster i guess i can recharge it without penalty.

And alchemy for the potions. Do you think its worthwhile to dabble in alchemy? Master 7 only or try to get some of alchemy item?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 21:20

And good news about blasters. Somehow it is a struggle for me to aquire a taste for them... . So shrapmetal i guess it will be.

one more thing - a ring with hp regen offset negative regen from staff. The meditation bonus is awesome! It is well wort it only for this. Effectivly doubled my SP :)

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 17 Jan 2016, 21:30

You get zero experience for killing things in the Breeding Zone.

Poison Spray and Shrapmetal work the same way as Sparks. Go point blank and watch them die.

You might as well get an alchemy item. Clanker (of Clanker's Lab) has a guaranteed +15 alchemy skill neckpiece which you will pickup as there is an essential quest to clear out Clanker's lab on dark side. Dumping skill points past 7 is largely a waste.

Alchemy works as follows: Potion strength is reagent strength + alchemy skill. If you have level 6 expert with an item of +7 with a Phirna Root you make 1+6+7=14 power magic potion.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 21:36

Zero exp is bad news :(

Can i clear Celeste then? I have go around the place invisible or they attack me.

I believe i had and sold a ring with 23 alchemy i got off a dragon :(

i will have to get the hang of alchemy then.

so where would be a good place to kill for exp with little respawn time?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 17 Jan 2016, 21:40

Arenas? I read about solo toons with 300ish or mor level. Or its just another well-type trick?

Return to “Might and Magic”