solo mm7 toon

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Re: solo mm7 toon

Unread postby Arret » 14 Jan 2016, 21:18

No reason to buy Air Magic ring, just get the Faerie ring in AvLee.

You can buy of magic items in miscellaneous shops in Deyja and Bracada.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 14 Jan 2016, 21:46

Yeap - its slipped my mind about the Fearie Ring.

From the emerald island dragon i got:
- scholar cap
- ethric staff
- black potions: endurance, luck, personality
- griffin bow of electricity highest tier
- leather with hp regen and 30 fire res
- boots & cloak with 23 - 25 hp
- 25 endurance ring but even with scholar cap on it makes only 2 hp difference so no need to equip it.
- wand of clouds, paralysis, fire, distortion.

of clouds came in really handy as i sold the bow and had to kill the swordsman in temple to another one.

what should i look for in equipment enchants when running a solo sorc? HP only?

Now it is fun. With KKKC emerald island was a vakewalk. Solo sorc is a different story. And he takes ages between bow shots.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 14 Jan 2016, 21:49

One more thing - can i kill everyone on the island before leaving it? Or will it have some negative consequences later?

The other 3 toons although long dead they gain exp. Can train to 3 while my sorc to 6. I guess they dont exp for kills but maybe for quest completion ???

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Jan 2016, 21:58

Yes they still get quest experience while dead. This is something that goes way back in the franchise.

Try to get an item of plenty and someway to mitigate conditions, particularly sleep, stone, and paralyze. I would suggest the baa cloak. Other than that: of protection, of health, of armor class, of spell points, of ID item.

For weapons you will be able to enchant of inferno and vampiric after your second promotion (the Lich quest is super easy), so specific stats are less important except early game.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 15 Jan 2016, 18:38

A solo toon is a challenge.

Dragonflies were a pain to get rid of.

How come he attacks so slowly? recovery time long and when hit he might miss a turn? Or being attack makes him recover longer, like recovery from atacking and recovery from being attack, I guess?

Basically at this level he cannot get surrounded /mobbed.

And bow is so slow...

A real challenge.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Jan 2016, 19:00

Staves are very slow weapons as are bows. Get a club if you are looking for speed or daggers if you want something in between. At least with Emerald Isle you have that of the gods pedestal.

Also of course a game designed around 4 characters is hard when you only use 1 and the weakest physical class at that.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 15 Jan 2016, 19:52

Now in the middle of wizard promo with gate and wind masters.

Hopefully when magic built up it will be only better from there on!!

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Jan 2016, 20:34

Something to think about if you have extra skill points is to get Earth Magic master for Telekinesis to disarm traps.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 15 Jan 2016, 22:18

Im still thinking about magic levels. Of course items of Dark, Fire, Air + Spell Master.

Mandatory:
- Water GM,
- Air Master (Fly, Invisibility)
- Fire Expert (for Haste to reduce recovery time when casting spells) or as you've pointed out Master for Meteor Shower
- Dark max

I think with the above minimum elemental magic option it should be doable as Im only doing quests now with fly / invisibility without killing mobs. Only castle harmondale will require some killing. Already did wizard promo, archer promo. next paladin, druid and cleric. then trip to Nighon for Master Water - I wander if I can pull it off with reload abuse or just wait do the Choice first and then the Trip and clearing everything...

- Earth, well traps are annoying but disarm is useless - juct finished Wizard promo and chests were ok-ish.

Meditation - I will see but Master 7 for sure.

Learning - Master 7 but only when I start clearing mobs. Plus scholar cap and Instructor.

I have two questions:

- where are the geenie lamps - I got 5 so far from Bracada and Deyja only;

- what level can I expect to be mid game when soloing? Shall I also do arenas for extra levlels?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Jan 2016, 22:37

You can invisibly pass through the Nighon Tunnels.

Genie lamps are in Bracada, Deyja, and Eeofol along with one on Evermorn. You missed some in Bracada I am almost sure. There are some on the southern border and some on the eastern border. Just fly around with wizard eye and check out the blue spots with loot

Mid game is usually 20-30 normally, solo is closer to 40. You really don't need to bother with the arena. With only one character gaining experience you should be able to pile up the levels once you kill things, especially if you got the learning cap.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Jan 2016, 22:40

You should also get alchemy master at some point.
Healing potions are redxorange plus yellowxorange. Mana potions are bluexgreen plus yellowxgreen.

Save yellow herbs.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 15 Jan 2016, 22:48

Completely forgot about alchemy. And earth. It is getting skill point tight. I read someplace anout solo knight with 60+armsmaster and druids with 60ish fire and air...i wander where all these points come from even in solo games....

im doing quests now with fly invisibility and running . No killing mobs. I ve done wizard and archer. Next cleric druid palading. And clearing castle in harmondale.

Theninvisible trip fo madter water.

And the Choice. And then back to questing and clearing everything.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Jan 2016, 23:08

There is a well in Eeofol that has a 10% chance of a bunch of things happening. Instant death/stone/eradication, temporary fire resistance, 10000 gold, etc. One of these 10 possibilities is +10 skill points. This well has no caps on use.

You can abuse it super easily with GM protection from magic or just reload a whole bunch.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Jan 2016, 23:09

Also 60 is the max level for skills. If you have water 45 with Seven League Boots then the bonus is only 15 instead of the normal 22.

Of course if you use the well for unlimited skill points, it obviously breaks the game and turns every fight into a slaughter.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 16 Jan 2016, 07:24

Im not doing it.

Multiloiting emerald island dragon with KKKC killed the game for me which is why they are retired.

so if i have a staff of darkness i have to stop at dark 40. .

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 16 Jan 2016, 11:06

Btw is haste spell bugged?

When i cast all other spells i can see animation and on the panel their duration. When i cast expert fire haste there is no animation and i cannot see anywhere it is active...

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 16 Jan 2016, 13:53

OK - I resurrected all dead toon and Haste does work as all spells. # toons dead - not working.

Can I make it work with solo toon?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 16 Jan 2016, 15:26

Use a Haste potion. It also has a longer duration than the spell.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 16 Jan 2016, 18:27

yeap. I will have to look into alchemy too later on.

Solo SOrc is not easy.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 16 Jan 2016, 19:42

The weakness effect at the end of the haste spell affects the dead characters. You can't cast haste when anyone has weakness.

Haste potion is red x orange if I remember right and takes expert alchemy to make.

Return to “Might and Magic”