gameplay

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
silverfox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

gameplay

Unread postby silverfox » 05 May 2006, 11:34

Hi. I have'nt played Heroes before and understand that the Engine is the 'Source' one used by Half life. Does this mean the game will play like Half life in that it is not a 'strafe only' game. I prefer to be able to move the character around using the cursor keys..... Thanks :)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: gameplay

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 May 2006, 11:49

Frankly, we have no idea at this point what the controls will be- there is not a whole lot of information about the game at all, except for screenshots...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

silverfox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby silverfox » 05 May 2006, 11:53

Thank you. I suppose the only other way to find out is to ask someone who has played the demo.. Its due out on the 19th May isn't it?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 May 2006, 12:03

??? :? ???

The demo is out. Get it here.

The controls will likely be those used in earlier games, with a few more tossed in to cope with the new functions such as camera view. You no longer move your hero with the cursor key, you only move the camera (position=cursors, angle=ctrl.+cursors). You can also do this with the mouse, and judging from the demo most of the actual gameplay is done with the mouse.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 May 2006, 12:04

silverfox wrote:Thank you. I suppose the only other way to find out is to ask someone who has played the demo.. Its due out on the 19th May isn't it?
I think you are in the wrong forum : here it is the "Heroes of Might and Magic V" forum, HoMM 5 is a strategy game which will be released on May 19th, with a demo already available.

I guess you're talking about "Dark Messiah of Might & Magic" the FPS-with-some-RPG-background using the Source engine, that will be released this summer. We don't know much about this one.

silverfox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby silverfox » 05 May 2006, 12:11

Thank you. Yes, I am referring to Dark Messiah.. sorry.... I assume there are forums for this game also? Many thanks...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 May 2006, 12:23

Ah. :ashamed:

Moving thread to the Dark Messiah Forum.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 May 2006, 12:37

I'm pretty sure the controls will be very similar to Half Life 2, with the addition of a few hot keys for spells. Speaking of which, isn't Arx Fatalis the game where you cast spells using mouse movements? Maybe Arkane will reuse that in Dark Messiah.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

silverfox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby silverfox » 05 May 2006, 13:02

Thank you Angelspit... Its sounding really good!!! Do you happen to know if there are any trailer downloads for this game anywhere that you could recommend please? I only have a 56k dial at the moment so if you know of any sites that are showing a 'smallish' trailer I would be grateful. (btw do you have any idea of a release date ?) many thanks :-)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 May 2006, 13:43

I saw Fall 2006 in one of the gameplay videos. And those videos are quite large, I wouldn't even try to view them on a dial-up. But if you are up to it, there are a few movies on the teaser site.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

silverfox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby silverfox » 05 May 2006, 14:19

Thanks for the info and the link - that's great. It's a nightmare downloading on my meagre connection... Hopefull, there may be a demo in the coming months...

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 06 May 2006, 23:19

Given how large and long it took to get a TBS demo (heroes 5). I hope the demo comes on a cd that I can get a magazine for :P
~ Rapier.

silverfox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby silverfox » 06 May 2006, 23:28

Hi. Yes, I hope they release a demo on a mag as well. I downloaded one of the 'teasers' and I reckon it's a strafe only gameplay. Have you seen any of the trailers? what do you think? I was hoping it would play like Half-life. I would be very interested to know what you or others think? :)

Return to “Might and Magic”