MM6 NPCs for SSSS

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Re: MM6 NPCs for SSSS

Unread postby Jacko » 09 Jan 2016, 17:54

Guess what!!!

I had these cavalier gloves (10 AC) and set about item enchanting them.

I got some single res bonuses, some intellect and some speed. When I got +10 additional AC I wanted to keep them but decided to go on the hunch and just got..."of thievery" and the discription reads "increased chance of disarming" !!!

Cool :) It really made my day today ;)

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 09 Jan 2016, 20:50

For SSSS any of these are useful:
- increased recovery - or is it only for malee toons?
- +15 or more luck

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 09 Jan 2016, 20:52

and +15 or more speed on rings for example?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 09 Jan 2016, 21:14

And it looks like in later mm games of "x magic "rings were stronger.

I just got a ring of air magic off power lich in coldragon estate and cast fly with it and it looks like +2 to air.

Expert air + spellmaster=fly 1h20min +ring and fly=1h40min

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 09 Jan 2016, 23:08

Of recovery is for weapon speed. Speed stat is weapon speed and a small amount of armor class. If you are running casters it isn't particularly useful, but might as well throw it on someone using daggers.

Yes, the of magic isn't nearly as strong. The corollary is that artifacts are stronger than their equivalent items. Morgan is a huge boost to the elemental magic skills.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 09 Jan 2016, 23:21

And what about luck? My toons each has a ring with 10+ luck.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 10 Jan 2016, 00:10

Don't remember the exact rules on it. Supposed to reduce chance to be hit by weapons, spells, and traps.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 10 Jan 2016, 08:46

So luck seems to be a good attribute to raise for SSSS.

So I am confused now. Basically what shall I use to fill the rings / amulet slots?

I have 3 rings of protection, working on the 4th one for 4th sorcerer. That leaves 5 ring slots for each.

Ring "of dark magic" each = 4 free slots.

Maybe a ring of fire = 3 free slots.

I have a ring regenerating SP just in case. but regen rate is painfully slow.

So, more of protection rings? Or mabe +SP or HP but values seems somewhat low.

And amulets? Maybe some protetcing against paralyze or other conditions?

AC is so lowthat +10 will not make a difference I guess.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 10 Jan 2016, 10:54

of earth looks nice - +10 endurance, hit point and AC. So they will get all bow as bows /xbows spawn with this enchant :)

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 10 Jan 2016, 11:12

See there:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/15963
If you are hard interested statistics and calculations.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 10 Jan 2016, 15:17

Thanks. Will read. One noble titan dropped for me guinevere and the second gave morgan.
now i need one ring of dark and two of fire.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 10 Jan 2016, 17:53

You might keep an eye out for "of power" items, although they are very rare. They say +5 levels, but basically just give your character the hp and sp as though he/she had 5 more levels.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 10 Jan 2016, 18:00

I have one highest level leather armour which says "+5 level". My Water Master wears it.

I also had a ring like this but i reloaded as i was looking for of dark magic ring.

Basically only chaos hydras and noble titans give good drops. Of course supreme titans give artefacts / relics.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 10 Jan 2016, 18:03

Just checked it - it is Imperial Leather of Power :)

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 10 Jan 2016, 18:09

If you want know which statistics are most important:
Accuracy for all classes for shoting AND MELE!!!
Might for all classes, especialy physical fighters but daggers to!
Speed (only physical weapon) for all especialy physical fighters
Armor for all
Rather weak are:
Endurance because you have health points when you leveling. For knights, archers and paladins is the best because they have 4 leveling points.
The same thing inteligence/personality for druids, clerics, mages.
Luck is for monster probability to hit you hero bad spell. You can cure it scrolls, potions, spells. So its not more important.
Resistances are like luck.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 10 Jan 2016, 19:01

My SSSS are no bow / no daggers ;) spells only! this is the way I just fancied it ;) it is certainy...different and entertaining. But they ARE strong. Of course not optimal.

Im piling up on res and AC now but priority is +magic. So im collecting of magic rings / amulets. Just got 3 xof air rings from hydras.

Still need2 x of fire rings. of dark already x4 .

Thnax for the tips!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 18 Jan 2016, 13:30

For the NPCs, Mystic/Spellmaster is of course ideal for this party. But aside from that, I think the Duper is the best NPC in the game.

You need master merchant at skill 16 to trade at value anywhere you want. The duper gives you 8 extra points in merchant so you would only need to master the skill and voila you can buy and sell at cost. That means he makes you infinite gold, thus easily beating out the factor/banker. Plus, he allows you to accomplish this early in the game and eventually (assuming you would max out merchant at some point anyway) he saves you loads of skill points which you can spend those on other skills. Actually, looking at it that way, he might just give you more skill points to spend on other skills than an Instructor would. The only downside is that while he's traveling with you, your reputation will be down one point. In practice, that just means you dismiss him in front of the Light Master house and then rehire him once you've gotten the skill. As soon as you dismiss him, your reputation shoots back up to where it should be. If that's not enough, hire a Bard.

But really, the game is easy enough.. perhaps going with faster travel times is the best option if you care about high score.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 18 Jan 2016, 14:05

The game is indeed easy and 4 x S is uber powerful with tactical (cowardly) use of LB and TP ;) Just as KKKC was way too powerful in MM7. WHich is why I retired them and currently running a solo S in mm7 and afterwards it will be a solo sorc in MM6.

Money seems to be issue early in the game. Later on I l aways end up with more then I can spend. In one toon party is gonna be even less of an issue I suppose.

Early in the game Gate Master and Wind Master are nice to have although they do cost some gold.

High score never tickled my fancy. I like a challenge to an extent but also killing all stuff ;) Going solo is what I really like.

Return to “Might and Magic”