MM6 NPCs for SSSS

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

MM6 NPCs for SSSS

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 11:56

I just couldnt resist it and since I got MM6 up & running I decided to retire for a while MM7 party in favour of MM6 SSSS.

I know it is not optimal party but this is what I wnat to try, all Dark / Elemental. I used to ran optimal parties but now what more fun / challenge.

But what about NPCs?

Get a scholar for unlimited id item or learn id item skill?

Get Instructor / teacher for more exp?

Or get Spell master/ mistic fora whooping +7 all spells?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Re: MM6 NPCs for SSSS

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 12:01

And Elemental Magics?

And what levels of elemental magics should they learn? Water M one toon for TP and LB. Air one for Fly, Invisibility. and rest just expert and all Dark?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 06 Jan 2016, 16:04

There is no invisibility in MM6.

Master water first. Use any horseshoes on the water magic caster to get to level 12 water as fast as possible.

You really don't have a mandatory NPC, so I usually go Pathfinder and Explorer for travel time. Other choices are Banker/Factor for gold or Instructor/Teacher for experience. Mystic/Spell Master is probably ideal for SSSS giving +7magic skill (includes bonus to ALL magic skills, not just elemental) although these are expensive.

Make sure to rank up your miscellaneous skills. Repair, Identify, Disarm should all be taken to master. You will at some point need Perception expert to unlock doors in Superior Temple of Baa, but until then you can hold off on it.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 20:22

Right now I am trying to get Master water. Then Master air.

maybe with LB I can handle Repair and Id items, I guess? Just LB or TP to town to get it done. LB set up anyway before dungeons for healing purposes. For Dragon looting I will get a scholar temporarily.

Disarm will be that useful? in mm7 it is useless.

And merchant? should i rank it up?

I collected horseshoes from the stables but in Kriegspire and Darkmore there are no horshoes? Why?

I just did Wizard promotion - easy. Eligible to train to clvl 6.

What I noticed I will need BB for more hp and meditation for more sp. So these right after Water and Air.

I got Dark for one toon and got Day ofProtection. Unable to cast it as not enough spell points :(

For a long time it is going to be elemental only. I like ring of flames, inferno, fireball and of course sparks!

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 06 Jan 2016, 21:15

Master Air only requires the Archmage promotion. You can get it at Air Magic level 4.
Chests are much harsher in MM6. Get disarm to master.
Yes get merchant, when you are buying or selling a ton consider picking up a merchant or duper. Spells are very expensive in MM6 without good merchant.
Darkmoor has horseshoes, they are at the top of the hill on the town border.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 21:36

I didnt remembered that of air master!

So disarm i shall get! Not fancy the idea of tp / lb out to heal every time chest goes off.

And what about Master learning? Is it wort to get it ? Iirc there r way many monsters in mm6 so maybe its worth it?

Now i will do cavalier priest and druid promotions to gain some levels the easy way and train to get water mster!

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 21:42

And with regard to npc - spell master and instructor seem 2 b a nice combo / compromise.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 06 Jan 2016, 22:03

I think that in MMVI are only two types interesting NPC's. Merchant boosters. Gives you money. And experience boosters. Your level is bigger and you have much skill points. I prefer experience. In early game you can join flying masters or water walking masters. Because you haven't those spells.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 06 Jan 2016, 22:04

Learning is mildly useful but all it does is let you get levels faster. Get it if you have a bunch of spare skill points but it is far from mandatory. As long as you get basic rank 1 that's 10% experience bonus with no skill point cost.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 22:23

But spellmaster in SSSS party imho shines as for one slot u get +4 to all spells which at early lvls is too good to pass. But again i believe it depends on a party.

So with basic learning and instructor its gonna be +25% exp. So after repairing temple i will get spellmaster and instructor and later learning expert.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 22:26

And yes - gate master is awesome early! And i got all tp locations without having to drink from fountains irst. Cool :)

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 22:47

One more thing - earth magic. It looks useles. There is stone skin spell there. Is it any useful for SSSS with inherently low AC?

Ans shall they develop leather skill?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 06 Jan 2016, 23:06

Not really. You have way too many other things to put points into for a minor AC boost. The only spells worthwhile in Earth are Stone to Flesh, Mass Distortion, and Rock Blast. None of those justify dumping points into Earth Magic ahead of other skills.

Not until very late. It takes rank 10 leather for master and only gives 10 reduced recovery on physical attacks. Getting expert dagger is worthwhile.

The fountain mechanic was added in MM7.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 07 Jan 2016, 16:37

Well, some NPC won't join me saying they didnt hear much good staff about me. My reputation is 200 and respectable.
TP guy joined without much problem. Most will. But spellmaster and mystic will not. Bribe or threat only options. Why is it like this?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 07 Jan 2016, 17:19

Some NPCs are evil aligned in MM6, so bad reputation will attract those. Diplomacy helps, but isn't worth the skill points.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 07 Jan 2016, 17:30

Ok. Thanx! Do you think i shall get light master before going dark? I browsed through the spells and somehow i dont find them appealing.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 07 Jan 2016, 18:42

Light isn't as strong in MM6 as later games, but yes get master for day of the gods and destroy undead.

Master light requires Saintly reputation. Dark magic master requires Notorious reputation. You can get both at rank 4.

What I do is Armageddon a town, Bootleg Bay is my preference because it also kills monsters on all the islands, to get to Notorious and learn Dark master for all characters.

Donate at a Temple enough to get yourself back to Respectable and then do the council quests. Each council quest other than Loretta's grain scam give a full reputation category. Once you get to Saintly pick up Master Light.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 07 Jan 2016, 18:58

Cool.cheers mate!

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 07 Jan 2016, 21:04

Igot spell master but the 4 point bonus is not shown like it is displayed in mm7/8. But it is there as without him fly is 40 min and with him 1h20min so he definitely gives the bonus but where can i see it?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 07 Jan 2016, 21:27

It isn't shown at all, but is used in calculations. Also of note that "of magic" item effects stack in MM6 but with diminishing returns.

Return to “Might and Magic”