MM6 dragons & multilooting.

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

MM6 dragons & multilooting.

Unread postby Jacko » 05 Jan 2016, 21:56

Where are the easiest / quikest to get / safest places to find dragons in MM6? Is it possible to do the MM7 Emerald Island dragon trick, i.e. get to the dragons at very low clvl and kill it for multilooting :devil:

I am hellbent on this SSSS party :devil: With LB healing will be to LB out of places and to the temple :) I had this party once very long ago and liked it very much!

When multilooting I will try to get of dark magic rings and maybe with of elementalmagic and res / hp.

cheers guys!

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: MM6 dragons & multilooting.

Unread postby Anubis » 05 Jan 2016, 22:39

Sorry to say, but Dragonsand is one of two areas that consist of dragons, iirc. The other area is the Temple of the Snake, located in Blackshire. A gold dragon lurks in there, but you'll have to kill a few medusas to get to it. I suppose you could buy a few wands and give it a try. Let me know how it goes if you do.

Another way to get good items is to go to the circus in April (Blackshire), August (Mire of the Damned), or December (Bootleg Bay). You'll probably want Town Portal/Lloyd's Beacon for this. Make a trip to the NWC dungeon and hit the switch in there to buff all your stats. Port to the area of the respective month > play the circus game as many times as you like > save up on golden pyramids. When done, head over to the small village in Dragonsand and trade your pyramids for good items.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 05 Jan 2016, 22:43

There aren't any really safe places the way they are in MM7, but you have some options for rank 6 (top level including Artifacts and Relics):

First there is a gold dragon in the medusa temple in Blackshire, but you have to beat or at least run past a wave of medusas to get to it.

Second there is a set of 3 dragons just on the west border of the Tomb of Varn.

Third you can look for a Supreme Titan in Paradise Valley or Hermet's Isle.

Fourth I believe Great Wyrms also drop rank 6 gear and there should be some in the Western half of Dragonsand as well as the islands there, but they tend to group up.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 08:28

I vaguely recall the 1st dragon i looted was indoors so it might be the one in the temple. And i was about clvl 20 - 30 iirc.

with SSSSim not really pressed for relics / artefacts. I only need of dark magic rings, one of water and a few of fire and air.

btw, can i buy such rings in mm6? Can i enchant rings with enchant item to give them such properties? So maybe no such big need for multilooting then?

What relucs / artefacts would u recommend for SSSS?

Thank u guys :)

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 06 Jan 2016, 09:29

Water magic spell help you convert ordinary to magic things. Master can weapons to. In Dragonsand is a lot of dragons. Too much. I'm not going to eliminate all. :-) Today , I want to go conquer Tomb of VARN using New Sorpigal portal :-) Not so fast. Go to simplest locations and boost your party.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 09:47

So i can get ring of dark magic by enchanting a ring with master enchant water spell?

Today i am doing still mm7 going to ninghon for gm armsmaster for my KKKC party :)

Cannot wait to launch mm6. Its my favourite for all-magic party while mm7 is ma favourite for all- might party. Love mm8 for solo plays :)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Jan 2016, 12:35

Anubis wrote:Sorry to say, but Dragonsand is one of two areas that consist of dragons, iirc. The other area is the Temple of the Snake, located in Blackshire.
Actually Dragonsand Desert is placed on four maps: Dargonsand itself, Blackshire, Hermit's Isle and Paradise Valley. However IIRC you can meet dragons only on Dragonsand and Paradise Valley maps.
Arret wrote:Fourth I believe Great Wyrms also drop rank 6 gear and there should be some in the Western half of Dragonsand as well as the islands there, but they tend to group up.
Great Wyrms can be also spotted in Dragoons' Caverns in northern part of Kriegspire.
So i can get ring of dark magic by enchanting a ring with master enchant water spell?
IIRC no. Enchant Item spell has only few effects available to choose from and "of X Magic" is not one of them. So you probably need to loot corpses/chests or search in shopes to get such ring.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 06 Jan 2016, 14:06

Casting water spell to thing make random bonus. Just now I found most powerful magical artifacs in middle Dragonsand. It's captain treasure. But if you 20 lvl it's cheating. I'm on 100 lvl and end of game. Find all obelisks, decrypt code and just then open this chest. This is most intersting gameplay.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 06 Jan 2016, 14:49

Thanks guys! So shops and dragons it is! I will need 3xofdark magic and maybe an artefact / relic of dark magic.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 06 Jan 2016, 15:17

Jacko wrote:I vaguely recall the 1st dragon i looted was indoors so it might be the one in the temple. And i was about clvl 20 - 30 iirc.

with SSSSim not really pressed for relics / artefacts. I only need of dark magic rings, one of water and a few of fire and air.

btw, can i buy such rings in mm6? Can i enchant rings with enchant item to give them such properties? So maybe no such big need for multilooting then?

What relucs / artefacts would u recommend for SSSS?

Thank u guys :)
Obelisk quest in MM6 has the some of the best items of any chest in the entire series. If you really want to do it early you can with fly, or even just a wind master, but as with the MM7 dragon kill, it will affect gameplay.

You can actually get 2 Morgan and Gweniverre, one from dragons and one from the obelisk chest. Those are all you would really want.

Of magic rings are rank 5 loot. They are sold at the shops in Paradise Valley and Eel Infested Waters. Enchant Item grants rank 3 enchants.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Jan 2016, 16:47

Make sure to save before you enter shop and load until you find your items. Otherwise you can visit shops each Tuesday to see if new stuff arrived.
(I think it was Tuesday in MM6. In MM7-8 new items appeared in shops after 2 weeks).

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 08 Jan 2016, 15:21

And the obelisk quest can be done anytime? I remember reading there are some restrictions, you have to do some quests first?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 08 Jan 2016, 15:58

In MM6 there are no restrictions. Get all 15 obelisks in the 15 zones, then just open the chest.

In MM7 and 8 you had to wait for a specific day of the year.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 08 Jan 2016, 16:01

Thanks!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Jan 2016, 19:23

Arret wrote:In MM6 there are no restrictions. Get all 15 obelisks in the 15 zones, then just open the chest.

In MM7 and 8 you had to wait for a specific day of the year.
Only in MM8. In MM6 you can open chest with obelisk reward everytime, while in MM7 only during certain hours (but in every day of year).

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 12 Jan 2016, 07:59

WIth a party of SSSS at clvl 20 I entered the dragon desert (Dragonsands) through the New Sorpigal secret portal in Buccaneer Guild and went on killing Dragons and those red wyrms, as they also drop artefact / relics.

Of course I had to ran really quickly away (fly away actually) from all these dragons around the obelisk but further away there were groups of 2 - 3 only dragons and Great Wyrms and 2 dragons can be taken down with shrapmetal in TBCM and 2 - 3 Wyrms from above using Meteor Shower. Dark Magic elemental protection helps.

I got all the equipment I need, almost.

Missing only one ring of fire and this simply refuses to drop.

So atm each S has an item of dark, air and fire. One of course Guinevere for Light Magic buffs.

Each also has "of power" item - ring x2, armour x2 , staff, belt. So actually 2 toons are clvl 25 and the other two 30.

I rely on spell only. But the got a staff of Earth each for the additional +10 AC and HP. Two toons have also such bows, so need to get additional two.

Cloaks and boots need some better statistics - atm I saved in front of 2 Great Wyrms' corpses and when back home I will try to get something good.

Now I have a question - should I hold on to those "of power" items or maybe later on switch to those that grant, for example +25 additional AC? And these two toons shall have two such items each for additional +10 level?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 12 Jan 2016, 16:05

The really nasty monsters don't do physical damage. They do energy and fire. AC doesn't affect resistances for those.
With energy damage specifically the only way to survive is by simply eating the damage, which an extended hp pool helps with. Keep the of power items.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 12 Jan 2016, 17:32

So I will keep an eye out for : of power items and those with 24 - 25 HP bonuses. And of protection of course.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 14 Jan 2016, 11:08

SSSS they all hit clvl 25 (30 with of power items) and it is way too easy.

Lack of healing ability is easily offset by LB / TP and beeing careful at certain areas.

They will be retired and now MM7 solo Sorc and then MM6 solo Sorc.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Jan 2016, 15:12

Have you been to any of the tough dungeons? VARN, Darkmoor, Alamos, and even Kriegspire are much tougher than anything early.

Return to “Might and Magic”