error when saving or loading MM8

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
lodinsetki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: error when saving or loading MM8

Unread postby lodinsetki » 23 Dec 2015, 15:58

idk how to check the version. rus, eng, ect
and where can i get the mmarchive or mm8 leveleditor???

also if it's a dll problem where is the best place to get those.
and where would i put the file??
as for the grayface i belive it's the eng ver. i belive.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 23 Dec 2015, 20:19

Unpack eng, rus, oth GrayFace file in folder named eg eng, rus, oth. Then REMOVE no rewrite files. Put orginal files in org folder eg. Remove files looking at title. miss, bink etc. All main GrayFace files in main game folder, data files in data folder. Eliminate ddraw etc. And open game in Windows xp mode on your modern system. You need video files to game work in video folder!
Maybe unpack all game once again in new folder. If you manipulated on it, is possible that files are rewrited. All files from the same complet! Patch + game, rus + rus, eng + eng, oth + oth. The same fonts.
MMArchive and MM8LE are wonderful modding maschines! You can change ALL FILES using this!!! Put them in MMeditors folder. You can mod all VI-VIII MM games and Heroes III ! And looking inside without extraction!
Txt edit copy in all games in folder with text you will extract. Its most comfortable.

lodinsetki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lodinsetki » 24 Dec 2015, 17:25

i put gray's bink, mss32, smackw32 into the MM8 folder, data into the data. but it still crashes... same error message about the font. but it doesn't just crash after giving me the message still crashes but about 10 sec later than it did before.
i havn't manipulated things. but i still don't have other files that was never there.

i unistalled both the patch and game. to make sure when i attempted this i'd have all the files needed.

the DDRAW and other DDL files you talked about earlier arent there anymore. even after i reinstalled...
idk why they didn't get reinstalled aswell?

and since it keeps saying something about the font and line 458 would the MM*LE or MMarchive be able to see this file cause i can't access it or find it right now. and if so where would i get the archive and LE??

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 24 Dec 2015, 22:07

You are instaling eng patch and then delete them, next rus and del, next other? And all are failed?
Most important is eliminating ddraw drvmgt.dll. I don't know why in your game there is no this dll files. Maybe these are necessary? All needed dll files are in GF patch.
Maybe its system.
Now if all files are right you must try solve problem ... How to open Windows xp game in modern system?
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/15934
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/41610-mi ... n/59697904
I'm using old system... I don't know how it works on modern.
MMAr and MM8LE are only to lod vid etc. files. No dll.
You can put them everywhere you want. If you go to MMAr and LE you can open all your system folder! You must find MMVI folder and open lod file.
Be patient. Will be good :-)

Return to “Might and Magic”