A question out of curiosity (MM utilities/merging)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Echo
Demon
Demon

A question out of curiosity (MM utilities/merging)

Unread postby Echo » 25 Nov 2015, 19:37

Hey guys! It's a question out of curiosity, maybe someone more familiar with the MM editors would be able to answer it. Playing through a full Baldur's Gate saga connected together made it hard not to think of it, though the case of MM is obviously different and most likely completely out of question, but for the sake of conversation:

I've been wondering if the existing MM utilities could make it possible to merge all three (6, 7, 8) games together in some way? Porting locations/quests over to one of the engines and allowing to travel between the content of all three games with one part in one game? :D Possibly scaling difficulty in the further locations to allow for a smooth progression? Can't help to imagine an ultimate MM playthrough with all the locations and quests climbing up to level 300 or whatnot with more powerful items available hah. With people nowadays able to modify items, monsters, classes, quests and even skills maybe it's not THE stupidest questions ever asked... :tongue:

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Re: A question out of curiosity (MM utilities/merging)

Unread postby the beavers1 » 26 Nov 2015, 19:33

There is a project called Might and Magic 7 engine remake that has a page on facebook and assembla that is trying to do that by writing the game from the ground up with a new engine. As for what you are asking, that would be really cool, but I am not familiar with the program enough.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 28 Nov 2015, 23:52

the beavers1 wrote:There is a project called Might and Magic 7 engine remake that has a page on facebook and assembla that is trying to do that by writing the game from the ground up with a new engine.
It's also the, y'know, topmost sticky post in this forum? ;)

But yes, without an engine extension I doubt that's doable due to number limits? Like the number of different enemy, item, map, texture etc. types you can have defined in the game.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 29 Nov 2015, 08:27

GreatEmerald wrote:
the beavers1 wrote:There is a project called Might and Magic 7 engine remake that has a page on facebook and assembla that is trying to do that by writing the game from the ground up with a new engine.
It's also the, y'know, topmost sticky post in this forum? ;)

But yes, without an engine extension I doubt that's doable due to number limits? Like the number of different enemy, item, map, texture etc. types you can have defined in the game.
I know that its the top most thread lol. However, they do not update it. They update more often on facebook, and most frequently on Vk. They do have an assembla too. as for if its possible, well they seem to have made emerald Isle. Here is their Assembla https://www.assembla.com/spaces/mm7/wiki

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Nov 2015, 22:19

the beavers1 wrote:I know that its the top most thread lol. However, they do not update it. They update more often on facebook, and most frequently on Vk. They do have an assembla too.
Yes, it's a shame. I don't have Facebook and I definitely don't have Vk.
the beavers1 wrote:as for if its possible, well they seem to have made emerald Isle.
The original question is whether it's possible to do in the base game, not a remake.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 30 Nov 2015, 06:41

The original question is whether it's possible to do in the base game, not a remake.
ahh gotcha.

Return to “Might and Magic”