anyone know of an m&m game online

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

anyone know of an m&m game online

Unread postby starlady11 » 28 Apr 2006, 02:35

i was asked and i don't know,maybe we start a novice game :devil:
i told u guys would know so lets have some answers please :D
patty

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 Apr 2006, 08:15

Well, there's a Might and Magic online game developed in China, for the Chinese market - at least it was some months ago. Haven't heard anything about it lately. Apart from that, there's Legends of Might and Magic, but that's more of a First Person Shooter than a RPG, so I don't think that's waht you're looking for.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Apr 2006, 17:50

Didn't there used to be an online M&M game called Legends of Might & Magic or some such? Anyhow all the servers are probably inactive by now … although there may be a few hard core fans still around, but I doubt it because it wasn't that great a game. It was published by 3do and their servers went down even before they went bankrupt. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Jo Li KMC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jo Li KMC » 27 May 2006, 10:49

Man. Why are all the topics I'm interested in so old? I feel bad reviving all these old topics like this. Ah well...

The only official online Might and Magic game that I can think of right offhand would indeed be Legends of Might and Magic. If you're familiar with how the classic first-person shooter Counter-Strike works, you'll fit right in to Legends just fine.
Basically, Legends is a team-based first-person shooter game where one team has to achieve a goal or set of goals and the other team has to stop them.
The gameplay is generally very fast and very furious, but all and all, it tends to rely on both the mission at hand and how many players are running around at the time.
At the start of each game, you can choose one of several classes of character with their own unique abilities and weaponry.(Wizards, archers, warriors, etc.) These skills come in handy when slaying monsters to earn valuable Experience Points(which boost your stats and other things) as well as slaying other players.
Finally, the game plays in rounds. At the start of each round, you can use your hard-earned points to purchase upgrades, additional weaponry and items, and other nifty bonuses.(Healing potions, for example.)

I've only played the demo version from a long time ago, but at last check, there were no players online. Either this is because of 3DO's aforementioned bankrupcy and their servers going down, or no one really cared. Myself? I think it's a cute idea and all, but it may has well have been "Counter-Strike II: Medieval Mayhem" instead of a Might and Magic game... It was a pretty distant farcry from any Might and Magic game I've played, but still, as a first-person shooter game...it wasn't horrible, either.
I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=( https://jolikmc.tumblr.com )=-

Formerly "Doc Lithius" – Changed on Nov. 19, 2022

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 27 May 2006, 11:52

Dark Messah will be out in half an year or so... it's a multiplayer mm game (at least the title says so).

Return to “Might and Magic”