M&M 6-8 as HoMM3 campaigns

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

M&M 6-8 as HoMM3 campaigns

Unread postby koval321 » 16 Nov 2014, 08:31

Here is my concept:

Each map would be actual representation of M&M game maps
For example in M&M6 campaign: first map would be New Sorpigal, after complete you heroes would go to Castle Ironfist, and then to Free Haven etc
Every detail of such area would be marked on map for example goblins castle, bunch of mages on coast, sword in stone, volcano etc

Here it would be few differences because its strategy so goblins would generate new monsters and storm town which you must protect.
And probably some areas would be stretched, because goblins castle cant stand just across street

Am not expert in map making but basically this is what am imagine, turn entire game into strategic version.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 16 Nov 2014, 15:36

Well it would be great if your "units" could have an RPG progression, which would make this a good candidate for demonstrating VCMI features once it actually does support scripting something like this.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 16 Nov 2014, 19:02

Am already made New Sorpigal map in basic version. Have no experience and must learn few things. What am found that is really need to remade it different way as original game, for example am created there labirynths from trees, flowers etc. so it would take longer to get into some places. So goblins castle is still just across street, but it will take some time to get there (and to sword artifact)

Map testing, probably quest will work by keymaster: where you first need visit tent and then be allowed to get trough particular gate (which mean get key to enter goblin castle etc) Also player will begin with nothing and need hire some villagers to get control over town. mission will be to free it from goblins and later also conquer mages in area. Dungeons will be underground labirynths. BTW its my first map am learning everything and there may be improvements later.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Nov 2014, 00:55

Your map is nice, and sorpigal realistic. So what will player do? buy ammo cart when going right, getting +1 defense when going left? Visit the well when going to temple? Seriously? :)

I had same wish years ago, and the XXL (252x252 maps) patch greatly can help.

In my opinion, H3 (in mapmaking area) is done, dead, not breathing anymore, exhausted. Everything that could be done has been done.

If you aim to such extraordinary concept as MM6 transposed in H3, you have to use wog/era, because they allow introducing the rpg and new graphics dimension. And of course, each map should be 252x252, to be able to use more than one area + advanced exploration features.

I believe that, for completing such project successfully (and not just creating one more mediocre H3 map to add the the 1 millions already done list), one experienced mapmaker would need several years of work.

And this is where I stopped.:D

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 17 Nov 2014, 23:55

Am arrange everything into labirynths so it take much longer to get everywhere. Beside this resources are scarce so it really take long time to beat it. During tests it take me few hours to barely explore area and yet there will be also underground part (dungeon quests)

Its not another HoMM map as you imagine am add there tons of adventure parts, almost every npc you meet have "conversation" including monsters which say something funny before attack. Yes there are NPC on map! Also when pick some resources may open special events.

Its hard do show that on screenshoots am reinvent that game into RPG. And BTW when combine few such maps into campaigin it should take several hours to complete.

Anyway village must be small symbolic otherwise it would take few days to walk from one part to other LOL That XXXL concept is bulls#it.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 19 Nov 2014, 23:32

Have completed New Sorpigal map, full playable as single map
Am finished it 3x in testing, end battle is difficulty but possible
HoMM3 in general is better play with spellcaster heroes as they are stronger
Its available here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mm6-campaign
Last edited by koval321 on 22 Nov 2014, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Nov 2014, 00:24

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Might and Magic”