Is it possible to edit event flags in MM7?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Is it possible to edit event flags in MM7?

Unread postby Xfing » 30 Oct 2014, 23:59

I know MM7view might be capable of doing it, but I don't know how.

My problem is: I've completed the war quests for both Erathia and Avlee, stole the Riverstride plans and rescured Loren Steel. But whenever I warp back to Castle Harmondale, it sets it automatically so that Erathia wins and I never get the trumpet quest. I suspect this might be because I used Town Portal to move back and forth between the cities instead of using the stables, but I'm not sure.

I would like to reset the flag so that both quests are still completed, but the game doesn't judge the winning side just yet. I want to get the trumpet quest and present it to the arbiter.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 31 Oct 2014, 09:12

Which of the three flags you finally get depends on who who give the trumpet to. The trumpet quest will be available when you travel to Tularean Forest some time after completing the quests from Erathia and Avlee. Maybe a month or so. I often use Town Portal, so that isn't a problem.

I don't know anything about editing the flags.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 31 Oct 2014, 10:11

I never got the trumpet quest in my save. Time passed, and then I immediately got the message about Grey dying. This is not the first time it's happened to me, I don't really know what determines this. But no matter, I still have a somewhat earlier save ready, so I should be able to play back to that point. It's a whole lot more work with the spawn mod, though.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 31 Oct 2014, 11:39

I remember having that problem sometimes, but it hasn't come up lately. Nowadays, I tend to finish the quests from Erathia and Avlee as soon as possible, then keep checking Tularean forest every now and then. That way I can't possibly miss the Trumpet quest. If you start the quests for Erathia and Avlee too late, the Judge may die before you're given the Trumpet quest (he always dies four months after your castle has been repaired). I don't know if this matters, but I also visit Castle Harmondale as soon as the dwarves repair it and as soon as I've finished Queen Catherine and King Parson's quests. When I play like this, the game seems to flow smoothly.

Paviel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paviel » 03 Nov 2014, 22:50

Sounds pretty similar to what happens to me. Whenever I complete the quests to steal the plans and rescue the agent, the next time I visit Castle Harmondale, I get the "0" quest, and the Erathian banner is hung next to my throne room.

It doesn't stop me from getting the trumpet when I visit Tularea two months after the war starts, or replacing the Erathian banner with the Tularean or NWC banner, though.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 04 Nov 2014, 15:15

The problem is doing both quests before the war timer starts, and it starts when you first set foot in Harmondale after fixing up your castle. If you do both quests and teleport straight to the castle, you'll automatically get an Erathian banner and no trumpet quest.

What I did on my second try yielded a "Humans win" entry, but no flag in my castle whatsoever. I went to Catherine, she gave me fake Riverstride plans, but I threw those in the water, not knowing this would stop me from stealing the real ones from the fort (the vault doesn't open), and the Arbiter couldn't give me back the scroll I had discarded either. I did visit the Tularean Caves, but I can't recall if I actually rescued Loren, I think I did, though. I didn't complete any of those quests in the end (in terms of reporting back for a reward), but did get the trumpet quest normally and gave it to the arbiter. As I found out, having Loren Steel in my party allowed me to finish the rescue quest even after choosing the Light - apparently that's where the game judged me as being more Erathia-oriented.

Paviel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paviel » 05 Nov 2014, 02:51

So I guess the moral of the story is to visit outdoor Harmondale before talking to Queen Catherine or King Eldritch, and make sure that the War event is flagged.

I would like to reiterate, though, that just because the Erathian banner is in your castle, that doesn't necessarily mean that you're locked out of the Trumpet quest.

alexg86
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Is it possible to edit event flags in MM7?

Unread postby alexg86 » 26 Oct 2015, 09:56

Hello!
Sorry to resurrect the old thread but this trumpet thing is really bugging me. I seem to get the quest only if I ignore both Catherine's and Parson's quests completely. The war clock starts 11 January 1169. I get the 'rescue spy/steal plans' quests in mid February 1169 and if I ignore the quests by letting the time pass by while training in Tularean Forest I get the message from Erathia on 4th of April 1169. If I complete the both quests, no matter how long I wait I do not get the trumpet quest.

Update: I restarted the game and loaded a save game (with both quests completed) dated 25 March 1169 and voila! The message from Erathia! So a tip to those not getting the quest would be to experiment with loading saved games and to not fall out of 4 month time window (Judge Gray dies 4 months into the war).

EnrothandErathia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby EnrothandErathia » 12 Nov 2015, 12:32

Hello! Which version of MM7 do you have? Perhaps it is a bug of the version? Have you tried Mok's patch? Personally, I had similar bug to you! I only got the event for the Trumpet war when I visited the Tularean Forrest and it did not appear when I was in other areas like Tatalia, Erathia, Harmondale, Avlee, etc. I am even surprised other gamers got the event when they were in other places on the continent of Antagarich in MM7. For me the quest appeared only when I was in the Tularean Forrest and I have played MM7 for nearly 14 years now. Also read the information in this link. It reffers to the second part of the game when you have to choose dark or light pat : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/143119-m ... r/51994760 The conclusion is that the banners are a bug of the game with the "0" quest.

Paviel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paviel » 17 Nov 2015, 21:13

Everytime I play MM7, it seems like the Trumpet quest always takes place two months (to the minute) after you get the "War!" journal entry.

Certainly the Arbiter always dies four months to the minute after the "War!" journal entry.

Return to “Might and Magic”