MM7: About using 2 melee weapons

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

MM7: About using 2 melee weapons

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 29 Oct 2014, 12:15

When holding 2 weapons, do you get all the the benefits from both weapons?

E.g.:

1. Does a thief with a sword(M) and a dagger(GM) still get the triple damage chance, the added damage/skill and the attack speed of the dagger?

2. Does a Paladin with a Mace(GM) and a sword(M) still have the chance to stun and paralyze opponents?

3. Does a Ranger with an axe(GM) and a dagger(E) still have the chance to halve an opponents armor class?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: MM7: About using 2 melee weapons

Unread postby Xfing » 30 Oct 2014, 00:09

TheAnyKey wrote:When holding 2 weapons, do you get all the the benefits from both weapons?

E.g.:

1. Does a thief with a sword(M) and a dagger(GM) still get the triple damage chance, the added damage/skill and the attack speed of the dagger?

2. Does a Paladin with a Mace(GM) and a sword(M) still have the chance to stun and paralyze opponents?

3. Does a Ranger with an axe(GM) and a dagger(E) still have the chance to halve an opponents armor class?
1. The formula is screwed, so the speed of the attack depends on which weapon you're wielding in your right hand. If it's a sword, you get the speed of a sword. If it's a dagger, you'll be faster. Also, the triple damage chance for the dagger doesn't apply to your entire damage output, only the inherent damage of the dagger, I think. I made a whole thread about these formulas and how they should be corrected, you should be able to find it.
2. Yes
3. Technically he should, but the armor halving perk doesn't really work AFAIK.

Return to “Might and Magic”