Might and Magic X--Erysichthon the Boss facehugger

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Bronwin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic X--Erysichthon the Boss facehugger

Unread postby Bronwin » 28 Oct 2014, 10:37

I am having a terrible time in beating this one. It may be the direction I am coming at him, but it is from the direction in the sewers were you enter the second level. This is the area where the spiders pop out of the ground.

I know how to avoid them and deal with the two or three regular face huggers. But then, after you have finished off the regular facehuggers Erysichthon appears.

So far the fight is at long range and the stuff he spits at you is lethal for my level 20 party. I haven't been able to get close enough to him to use mêlée weapons.

What tips or tricks am I missing? Should I try to get at him through another entrance to the sewer? Anyway so far a stand up fight at long range isn't working for me.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 28 Oct 2014, 11:07

Try Poison Cloud. It prevents hostile ranged attacks, forcing the enemies to advance towards you.

Bronwin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bronwin » 28 Oct 2014, 11:36

Thanks. I don't have that spell yet. I did go to the Craig, but the trainer wouldn't train me to Master. I don't know why. But when I get the spell I will try that. Any idea what he is spitting at me?

Is their any other way to handle this? Should I try the entrance from the Karthal Slums and see if I can come up behind him?

Bronwin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problem solved

Unread postby Bronwin » 29 Oct 2014, 10:24

I entered the sewers from the Slums entrance. In this way the layout is such that the combat is in close quarters and you don't come under the devestating long range attacks from the boss. Basicaly you have 4 facehuggers to fight. Keep celestial armor going and have mana and healing potions and you can effectively fight with melee weapons with the occasional spell thrown in.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 29 Oct 2014, 11:09

I'm glad you were able to handle it. It's always annoying to be stuck in some place.

Bronwin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bronwin » 29 Oct 2014, 12:21

And I thank you for your help.

Return to “Might and Magic”