MM9: Dungeon of Secrets is impossible

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

MM9: Dungeon of Secrets is impossible

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 19 Oct 2014, 11:25

I am stuck in the last room. No matter how I jump and walk we always take damage or trigger a trap. Also jumping gets us often stuck on the ceiling. No kidding, I must have tried to get through that single room at least 200 times. It is so frustrating. I'm already thinking about making my second Crusader into a second Paladin instead of a Ranger.

I know I had a Ranger, years ago, but now this seems impossible. Could it be, that patch 1.3 changed something here? We have high enough Perception (expert 7+5 from a helmet) to see all the traps. We are level 33. I am close to giving up on ever having a Ranger in MM9 again. We have Everstrike already.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 Oct 2014, 21:51

It's annoying to get the last room done, but most of it is like other rooms.

Make sure you have quicksave/quickload ready.
Make sure you hit the jump from the correct angle. It's a fairly similar puzzle to get the cheese from the dungeon in Ravage Roaming in MM8.

Load/retry as necessary. This takes forever if you aren't using quicksave.

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 20 Oct 2014, 06:26

Arret wrote:It's annoying to get the last room done, but most of it is like other rooms.

Make sure you have quicksave/quickload ready.
Make sure you hit the jump from the correct angle. It's a fairly similar puzzle to get the cheese from the dungeon in Ravage Roaming in MM8.

Load/retry as necessary. This takes forever if you aren't using quicksave.
Getting the cheese is easy. It's especially frustrating, when you see people on youtube doing this part on their first attempt, apparently having done the Dungeon of Secrets never before.

E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlFi_mI-FLk (Starts around 16:50)
"That one was not too difficult." Like he is taunting me. :devious:

For now I've given up on ever having a Ranger again. I go for a second Paladin instead, with a different weapon, for variation. ;)

Return to “Might and Magic”