mm7 get off dagger wound island rich and strong

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
zivshteg starbuck
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

mm7 get off dagger wound island rich and strong

Unread postby zivshteg starbuck » 18 Oct 2014, 10:55

it might not be news to u guys but i read that u can kill the dragon in dwi
so i tried and i nailed in first try without any deaths
it was preety easy
then i abused the body bug and i got truckload of relics and artifacts and money
and i still have its corpse
thats was nice revelation :)
just sharing...

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Re: mm7 get off dagger wound island rich and strong

Unread postby the beavers1 » 18 Oct 2014, 11:17

zivshteg starbuck wrote:it might not be news to u guys but i read that u can kill the dragon in dwi
so i tried and i nailed in first try without any deaths
it was preety easy
then i abused the body bug and i got truckload of relics and artifacts and money
and i still have its corpse
thats was nice revelation :)
just sharing...
yup, I kill it every time now lol, been doing it alot.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 18 Oct 2014, 16:56

MM7 is Emerald Isle, Dagger Wound is MM8.
But yes you can kill the Emerald Isle dragon through either save/load abuse or using bows while strafing.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 18 Oct 2014, 19:17

Arret wrote:MM7 is Emerald Isle, Dagger Wound is MM8.
But yes you can kill the Emerald Isle dragon through either save/load abuse or using bows while strafing.
I like to use the fireball wand from Mr. Malwick and enchant my bows with Fire Aura. If you cast Bless on top of that, it will only take a couple of minutes to kill the dragon in real-time mode.

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 19 Oct 2014, 12:17

How long does it take to kill it? Never done it since i would think it takes quite a while.

zivshteg starbuck
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

answer

Unread postby zivshteg starbuck » 19 Oct 2014, 17:23

it will take about 3-5 min max
its realy easy once u get the hang of it
yesterday i did it solo with the fireball wand and fire wand
then i abuse the dragon bug
the only big (and it is a big problem) is that after the bug abuse you find yourself thinking
"why should i play anymore,if i already got all this relics and artifacts,i aint going to find anything better the entire game"
and that sucks big time

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 19 Oct 2014, 19:37

How do you kill it that fast, and how to multi loot?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 19 Oct 2014, 19:53

zeus-online wrote:How do you kill it that fast, and how to multi loot?
Have one character use Mr. Malwick's wand and have three characters equip bows enchanted with Fire Aura. Visit the Day of the Gods pedestal and cast Bless on the bow users before entering the cave. Do not go to turn-based mode!

Once in the cave, hit A so everyone fires their weapons, and start moving around the dragon in a circle, while keeping a good distance. The dragon's attacks won't hit you if you keep up this movement. When you hear it attacking, keep moving for a second so the blast misses, then stop and turn to the dragon. Fire everyone's weapons, then immediately start moving before the dragon breathes fire again. You'll be circling the dragon and it'll be circling you, but you'll be the one doing all the damage. It'll take about 30-40 sets of attacks to finish it off. I like keeping track of the wand's charges so I don't use them all up, then finish the work with just bows.

Multi-looting is a bug that I don't like to abuse, but it goes like this: Save your game in front of the dragon's corpse, then loot it. Sometimes the corpse doesn't disappear even when you pick up the gold and treasure - that's when you can save the game and try looting it again. If it disappears, you can reload and loot it again. There is no limit to how many times you can multi-loot if you keep saving the game after each successful attempt. This is a cheap way to get the best possible equipment at the start of the game.

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 20 Oct 2014, 11:46

You can also abuse the Paladin promotion quest. Just take Quixote from Erathia with you and as long as you don't kill Wromthrax there will always appear 1-3 dragons of a random color upon resting in Wromthrax's cave.

If you rest right next to the entrance of the cave, in that little niche, you'll be able to move around the corner and attack the dragons without ever getting hit. They'll be stuck at the entrance. If they corner you and you can't move around them just leave the cave and re-enter and you will come out behind the dragon(s). You can kill and loot as many dragons as you like, even on level 1 with your bare fists, if you choose so. ;)

In my opinion it's almost as bad an abuse as the wishing well in The Land Of The Giants. 8|

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Oct 2014, 00:29

Phobos wrote: Multi-looting is a bug that I don't like to abuse, but it goes like this: Save your game in front of the dragon's corpse, then loot it. Sometimes the corpse doesn't disappear even when you pick up the gold and treasure - that's when you can save the game and try looting it again. If it disappears, you can reload and loot it again. There is no limit to how many times you can multi-loot if you keep saving the game after each successful attempt. This is a cheap way to get the best possible equipment at the start of the game.
Is it a bug? I was under the impression that it was something related to the Perception skill, where you could find more treasure where usually there's nothing else, like picking those fireplaces with your perceptive character and winning a simple ring. As Perception grows higher, multi looting is more likely to occur, as I noticed. But again, that might be just tons of coincidences in a row.

The way I fight this dragon is only moving back and forth the narrower part of the cave in real time mode, but I keep myself facing the walls, rather than the dragon. I move forward, face the dragon, shoot arrow, wands or whatever, then I turn back facing the wall and move backwards in time to see the dragon's attack pass in front of me, then turn to him, attack again, then move forward and so on. Sometimes, when the dragon is low in health, he'll start moving in a circle, which compels me to abandon this sort of movement and start walking in circles, avoiding his attacks and shooting whenever possible.

I also like using the fireball wand from Mr. Malwick. Good thing is when you find some wands of firebolt or any other spell while looting the dungeons and the chests around the island. They are a sure hit against the dragon, even considering low damage. Arrows can miss rather a lot and sometimes they hit only for 1 damage.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 21 Oct 2014, 03:18

It has nothing to do with perception and yes it's a bug, just not a high priority one so they never bothered fixing it.

If you are abusing RNG to get good loot, you might as well get lots of loot.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Oct 2014, 04:36

Heh, and here I was thinking it was a game feature. Now I feel tainted. :(
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

zivshteg starbuck
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

beware

Unread postby zivshteg starbuck » 21 Oct 2014, 16:08

im thinking of droping my party and start a new game
the abuse kind of ruin the game for me
u get of emrald island and no one can stand in your way
what the point in keep playing?
u wont get anything better
beware i tell u beware!

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 22 Oct 2014, 00:27

Killing the dragon is valid in my opinion, but I think you should only pick up the contents of its corpse once for it to be fair.

I don't like teaching Bow to all my characters, usually only Archers and Rangers have bows in my party. And I never really play as Rangers because they're abysmal. Might be cooler with that new skill table I designed for them, though, I'm inclined to try.

But running around only with a single char skilled in the bow and shooting the dragon requires lots, and I mean LOTS of patience. You'd best lure some dragonflies to neutralize Malwick and then steal his wand. I've also found a simpler Wand of Fire on the dragon cave floor - between these two wands and a bow your work should really be shortened.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Re: beware

Unread postby Arret » 22 Oct 2014, 01:08

zivshteg starbuck wrote:im thinking of droping my party and start a new game
the abuse kind of ruin the game for me
u get of emrald island and no one can stand in your way
what the point in keep playing?
u wont get anything better
beware i tell u beware!
It really is a different game when you can destroy everything that moves for the first 2/3 of the game.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 22 Oct 2014, 01:10

Panda Tar wrote:Heh, and here I was thinking it was a game feature. Now I feel tainted. :(
Well it's like loading until you get the drop you want is still a level of abuse. It's all a matter of how much you want to use the in game mechanics.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Oct 2014, 01:18

Well, it did make the game not that fun after. I mainly do that when I'm not in the mood to keep playing for too long, or when I'm testing a class, trying to get used to it.

Hm...I just had this urgent feeling to play the game again. Oh, NO! :shh:

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 22 Oct 2014, 06:59

Panda Tar wrote:Well, it did make the game not that fun after. I mainly do that when I'm not in the mood to keep playing for too long, or when I'm testing a class, trying to get used to it.

Hm...I just had this urgent feeling to play the game again. Oh, NO! :shh:
I sometimes even play parties without a Cleric, just so I can't overuse the well in the Land of the Giants. I often don't kill the dragon on Emerald Island but I still keep getting loads of levels and stuff from killing countless dragons in Wromthrax's cave. It's just too tempting.

But there are all kinds of ways to game the system. My last solo-Archer for example was past level 500, just by maxing out Learning and repeatedly doing Arena fights.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 22 Oct 2014, 09:15

[quote="TheAnyKey"

I sometimes even play parties without a Cleric, just so I can't overuse the well in the Land of the Giants. I often don't kill the dragon on Emerald Island but I still keep getting loads of levels and stuff from killing countless dragons in Wromthrax's cave. It's just too tempting.

But there are all kinds of ways to game the system. My last solo-Archer for example was past level 500, just by maxing out Learning and repeatedly doing Arena fights.[/quote]

Too bad the level cap is 200 though... but I've been unable to reach it in unmodded, vanilla MM7 with any party so far. I finish the game around level 70, and then I gain like 1 level per each Arena Lord-level fight. This kinda sucks. Cleaning out Eeofol is even better for experience. But then again, I only ever put 10 points into Learning, though sometimes I use Instructor hirelings.

Right now I have a party with no one being able to even learn ID Item, so a Scholar hireling comes in most handy (unlimited ID + 5% experience bonus).

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 22 Oct 2014, 09:50

A scholar hireling saves you 54 skillpoints on not getting GM ID Item unless you have someone who can cast beacon, and even then they're pretty nice to have just to kill the tedium of dragging unidentified items back and forth.

Return to “Might and Magic”