mm8

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
zivshteg starbuck
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

mm8

Unread postby zivshteg starbuck » 14 Oct 2014, 14:33

hi guys

although we are in 2014 i just love mm7 and mm8 and keep on playing them even today.(im 37 years old married with a child)
i realy like to solo mm8 with a vampire
i soloed it with necro and dark elf and it was preety easy(once i got to ravenshore and got the exploding bow for the "tree"
few q for u
1.anybody soloed a vampire before and can lend me some advice?
2.my no.1 concern is how do u deal with the lack of wizard eye?

thx

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Re: mm8

Unread postby the beavers1 » 15 Oct 2014, 01:40

zivshteg starbuck wrote:hi guys

although we are in 2014 i just love mm7 and mm8 and keep on playing them even today.(im 37 years old married with a child)
i realy like to solo mm8 with a vampire
i soloed it with necro and dark elf and it was preety easy(once i got to ravenshore and got the exploding bow for the "tree"
few q for u
1.anybody soloed a vampire before and can lend me some advice?
2.my no.1 concern is how do u deal with the lack of wizard eye?

thx
I havent done much solo before, but I assume you can easily do with the lack of wizard eye since it is a convenience tool, if you really need it, there are scrolls, and I think donating at temples can give you it to
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 15 Oct 2014, 23:32

Even though MM8 was my first MM game and on my first run I spent like weeks even trying to get off the Dagger Wound Island, the only class I've successfully soloed with was the Necromancer. You can easily train up to level 200 just by Armageddoning the shit outta everything and using Invisibility for the more demanding dungeons. So I can't really give you any advice regarding a solo run with a Vampire. I can only say that the Dark Elf is an amazing class, probably overpowered with all the things it can do - and it's therefore very well suited for solo play IMO. As you know, there's a thousand reasons that make the Dark Elves much, much better and more useful than Archers from MM7.

A Vampire would be tough and painstaking to play, though. No travel spells, no Invisibility, no Armageddon... you're in for a tough run.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 16 Oct 2014, 02:39

With Vampire, the biggest problem is getting the promotion. Once you have that you get better healing and mistform.

You can get master alchemy, which allows for massive healing if necessary. I would get master sword as early as possible and basically play the vampire as a weaker version of a paladin until you get the promotion taken care of.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 04 Nov 2014, 15:22

Good thing about the Vampire is his Regeneration skill, though. Too bad it's really weak in that game. What is it, like 3 points per regen at Master and 4 at Grand?

Also, looks like the spell was severely nerfed too, though that I can actually understand, as in MM7 it gave exorbitant amounts of health for very little mana, making Power Cure useless.

Return to “Might and Magic”