Might and Magic X first party struggle

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Double_Trouble
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic X first party struggle

Unread postby Double_Trouble » 01 Oct 2014, 20:21

Ok, so I am starting my first playthrough of MMX. Basically I have already decided on 3 classes, but really struggle at picking the fourth.
My first three are Dual Sword Blademaster, Two handed Sword Merc, and Earth Druid for support.
For the last one I was thinking about Hunter, Ranger, Barbarian. I dont want a dwarf, I just don't like them, sry :) At least not for the first playthrough. It doesn't matter if I miss a few secrets or something. Also I don't really want a pure magic dealer. Magic is here for support, so I figured solo Druid should be just fine, unless you can convince me on some other class :)
Will be playing on adventurer probably, so probably any is good, but was thinking about most fun one:)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Oct 2014, 20:57

The DLC, after you beat the game, requires your team to have at least some strong spell casting, mind you. The game itself you can beat virtually with any combination. Just the additional quest at the end is what makes it really tough to beat with a might oriented party.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 04 Oct 2014, 07:42

Having multiple characters heal is essential for an easier first game run through. I would highly advise a runepriest (best) or a shaman (weaker but completely OP when promoted) due to healing and fire magic, but since you seem opposed to pure casters a Paladin can get GM light as well. Different conditions are cured by different spell schools, but fire gives Burning Determination which will take care of most of these before they happen. Primordial allows for dispels which can clear any condition as well.

Double_Trouble
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Double_Trouble » 06 Oct 2014, 12:49

Well, I went, Bladedancer, Mercenary, Barbarian and Druid. It's pretty good now that I got all promotions, but there were troubles along the ride there, especially if my druid got hit too hard, which automatically meant reloading..

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Oct 2014, 13:18

Without a good healer, the DLC will be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally troublesome.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Might and Magic”