mm3-4-5 icons

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

mm3-4-5 icons

Unread postby antipaladin » 09 Jul 2014, 10:44

Hey all, i was wondering if anyone has ripped all the icons and portraits of mm3-4-5 i mewn the chars

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 10 Jul 2014, 08:18

Yes, it's quite easy. They're stored within the CC archive in a simple command style compression format similar to that used in Heroes 1/2.

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 10 Jul 2014, 09:02

can anyone upload or post them?

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 10 Jul 2014, 10:22

All of them? Can you be more specific about the icons?

I'm at work right now, but tonight I can do a complete extraction with my XEEN Engine if that's what you need; what format?

Some of them might be at the Might and Magic or XEEN wikis, I've not checked.

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 10 Jul 2014, 12:47

1 portarit of every "char" that you may choose to play, around with it name,
ie kastore, and whatever... the wiki has a very..limited info,with it storyline ofc :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Jul 2014, 22:44

I see what he wants; he wants them added to our system so they can be used as avatars, yes? I can probably make that happen if someone send them to me. Use the e-mail at the bottom of this post. They should be max 80x80 pixels, and sorted into folders for each game (MM3, MM4 etc.).
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 11 Jul 2014, 09:02

well not only but yeah. they are for lore reasons too.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 12 Jul 2014, 21:34

I'll give it a shot, if it works I'll get 'em zipped up and sent to Kalah

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 12 Jul 2014, 21:46

How on earth do I convert those ccx files, nothing works :(

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 14 Jul 2014, 08:53

Sorry, I completely forgot to come back to this, busy weekend. If it's just character portraits, it's not problem at all, though they will be named, for example, D399A.jpg etc, as that's the hash my extractor automatically uses as a name (plus a letter per sprite in the file. I promise it by tomorrow at this time (it's 10AM my time right now) and apologies for not doing it already.

@Kalah: Will do.

@Xdarkon: Not sure what a ccx file is. The XEEN Engine works on an archive with extension ".CC" and the files within that which you want are custom multi-image sprite formats labelled "CHAR01.FAC"-"CHAR24.FAC". If you are interested in information on extracting them though, let me know.

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 14 Jul 2014, 09:01

actually it is far more importent then to be shiped to kallah,but to me as well,as i am making an article regarding them. the reason is that i belive hypotheticly there are more then 8 terra's on antagrich

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 14 Jul 2014, 11:11

Ok... can't wait to read that article I guess.

Is there a prefered format for Kalah? Considering the small size of 80x80 portraits, I'm considering just outputting standard Windows Bitmaps, I much prefer lossless images.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 14 Jul 2014, 14:48

Agalloch wrote:
@Xdarkon: Not sure what a ccx file is. The XEEN Engine works on an archive with extension ".CC" and the files within that which you want are custom multi-image sprite formats labelled "CHAR01.FAC"-"CHAR24.FAC". If you are interested in information on extracting them though, let me know.
Well the thing I used to extract it gave me CCX files, would you give me a link to your unpacker/extractor?

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 14 Jul 2014, 15:00

Obviously ccx is just an extension given by your extractor in this case. The filenames of the files are not stored in the file, I discovered them by monitoring the XEEN engines attempts to open files outside the archive before it hashes the name and searches inside for it.

Your extractor therefore seems fine. Unfortunately mine is part of an engine remake and can only be run from inside a development environment atm so I can't really package it, but if you desperately need one I will see about extracting the relevant classes.

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 14 Jul 2014, 17:19

id hate to ask but i want you to name them. ie kastore portrait is named kastore,and etc, if u gona name it elfmale04 i wouldn't know what to do of it becouse of reasons.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jul 2014, 19:20

Agalloch wrote:Is there a prefered format for Kalah? Considering the small size of 80x80 portraits, I'm considering just outputting standard Windows Bitmaps, I much prefer lossless images.
.JPG, .GIF or .PNG should all work fine.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 14 Jul 2014, 19:41

antipaladin wrote:id hate to ask but i want you to name them. ie kastore portrait is named kastore,and etc, if u gona name it elfmale04 i wouldn't know what to do of it becouse of reasons.
I've never played Might and MAgic 3-5 consistently though ;|

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby antipaladin » 15 Jul 2014, 05:03

well in char creation it screen it gives you the option with a made name, that made name is good enought for the specific portrait i guess,

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 15 Jul 2014, 07:30

JPEGs wouldn't do at all, ugh!

And I would recommend dragging the PNGs (which is the format you should use for non-photographic things) through ScriptPNG to murder some bytes.

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 15 Jul 2014, 08:43

Ok, done. Unfortunately I misread Kalah's "max 80x80" as "must be 80x80" so they all have an 8 pixel black border on all 4 sides and I'm not in a position to reexport them right this second. I've included 24-bit bitmap, jpg and png versions in the zip. Also I have only exported MM4 for now, as I'm not 100% sure what is actually wanted. I think MM3 might actually be more relevant to antipaladin's theories, so I wish he'd been more explicit from the start.

They are named, for e.g., Char010.png. I am not going through and attaching default names, or associating the portraits with canon names for MM7. You are welcome to do that yourself, these are just the names used in the game engine.

EDIT: Neither Kalah nor antipaladin have e-mail addresses attached to their profiles, and there is no file attach feature at this forum, so no one has actually received them yet. Link to random temporary file hosting site...

http://www.filedropper.com/mm4

Return to “Might and Magic”