m&m 4 on xp any patches for dnloading? help

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

m&m 4 on xp any patches for dnloading? help

Unread postby starlady11 » 24 Apr 2006, 21:37

has anyone had a problem with 4-5 loading on xp it keeps saying i don't have enough mem . help :( patty

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Running the older M&M games

Unread postby DaveO » 26 Apr 2006, 13:53

Starlady, do yourself a favor and download DOSBox at the following location - http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

The program comes with a readme file, but if you or any others have questions in regards to running the DOSBox commands then please post a reply.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

help on m&m 4

Unread postby starlady11 » 01 May 2006, 15:23

tried that it didn't work, it says i don't have enough memory patty ;| :|

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 04 May 2006, 13:25

I'd like to know exactly what you did to get a memory error. I've never run into that when I used DosBox.

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

mem error

Unread postby starlady11 » 04 May 2006, 14:11

:( my daughter thought it may be ram memory, i have a hugh amount of disk space so i don't understand it either. any help would be appreciated
patty :-D

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 05 May 2006, 13:46

It has been a while since I used DosBox, but here's a link to their FAQ which may assist you with the Xeen games: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/inde ... b13ceec085

I do also recall that you have to use the mount command in order to 'map' the drive where Xeen was located. So if Xeen was located in C:\Xeen, I believe typing in mount c: c:\xeen would 'map' the drive in DosBox. Once you typed in c:, you should be in the directory where Xeen is located. I apologize if this sounds very complicated, but think of 'mount' as being the same as mapping a network drive in Windows.

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

xeen

Unread postby starlady11 » 05 May 2006, 17:19

it says mount is not a recognized internal or external command
do i need to put cd in front of it? thanks for the help :D

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

re grapics card

Unread postby starlady11 » 07 May 2006, 21:20

what was listed was intael 82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv/grapics
so where do i go to update it hellp :D patty :devil:

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 08 May 2006, 12:29

Starlady, to answer your questions I'd go to a manufacturer site to see if they have any updates for the internal graphics driver. For the mount command, you have to have DosBox running if I recall correctly. I just reinstalled an old version of DosBox. You have to run the .exe file after installing. It will pop up two windows. One is the command prompt window you need to run the mount command. I just verified the mount command works as I remembered. Just type in mount [drive letter] [drive path]. For example: Mount d d:\xeen would 'map' your drive. Once you type in d:, you're already at the Xeen directory. All you have to do is to run xeen.exe, and you should be able to get the older Xeen to run. For MM3 and older games, just run the appropriate .exe file. If you still have problems following this, please let me know in a reply.

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

old games

Unread postby starlady11 » 08 May 2006, 19:32

i don't have any trouble with any of the other m&m games 1-3 load fine so do 6-9 also do u have the complete name of "anvil of dawn" so i can locate it without going thru all the games like day of the destoyer on m&m 8
patty

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 10 May 2006, 04:42

I have no idea if Anvil of Dawn is the full title or not for 3DO's RPG game. I did go thru a Google search, but did not find what you are looking for.

Return to “Might and Magic”