might & magic 7 artifact questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 22 May 2014, 14:52

It really sucks that you can't get all the artifacts in 7. They're roughly as cool as the MM8 ones. Is there really no way to get around this?

And what about MM6? Is there a limit, or just a much lesser possibility of getting artifacts and no guaranteed ones?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 23 May 2014, 06:44

In MM7, you stop getting artifacts from monsters when you have reached a certain number (I think 13). However, you can still get ones that spawn in chests after reaching 13. I believe there are two such chests in MM7: in Colony Zod and Clanker's Laboratory. If you let these chests respawn enough times, you can get all the artifacts and relics.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 23 May 2014, 10:03

Phobos wrote:In MM7, you stop getting artifacts from monsters when you have reached a certain number (I think 13). However, you can still get ones that spawn in chests after reaching 13. I believe there are two such chests in MM7: in Colony Zod and Clanker's Laboratory. If you let these chests respawn enough times, you can get all the artifacts and relics.
You sure about that? That'd be sweet!

Indeed, there is a guaranteed relic chest in Colony Zod. The one in Clanker's will not be accessible a second time, though, for obvious reasons.

It never really occurred to me that those are the only chests that GUARANTEE an artifact. You can get more artifacts from chests on the Lincoln, but these don't seem to generate any more when the limit's been hit.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 23 May 2014, 16:54

Xfing wrote:The one in Clanker's will not be accessible a second time, though, for obvious reasons.
You may set a Beacon inside.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 24 May 2014, 02:25

I usually put a beacon in there so I can pick up more alchemy items. There isn't anywhere in the game that has as much stuff, especially in such a small area.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 Jun 2014, 13:30

So, what about the Lincoln chests? Do they also guarantee an artifact at any time or stop giving them after the limit's been hit?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Jun 2014, 18:19

Nope. Only Clancker's Lab and Colony Zod have 100% artifact chests.
Other places have chests with artifacts until you reach limit.

Return to “Might and Magic”