Help Modding Inventory Order MM6? Remove Relic Cap?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Help Modding Inventory Order MM6? Remove Relic Cap?

Unread postby Graff » 18 Apr 2014, 17:07

I've started another playthrough of MM6, going to try doing things a little differently than I usually do. Going to try to force myself to not worry about how many in game days it takes to travel from land to land and to try and get to areas I normally do at much higher levels at more challenging points in the game.

The thing that always bothered me most about the game mechanics is the way the inventory is setup. If you pick up an item off the ground/chest/wherever it will go in your characters inventory if there is room to fit it. The location is the top most grid spot as first priority and then second priority being the left most grid. This is a poor choice as nearly every single item is as tall as it is wide or taller (only thing I can think of that isn't are scrolls) so it leads to incredible inefficiency; especially in regards to picking up weapons that are as tall as your entire inventory. How hard would it be to switch the priority to farthest left as being the first priority and then top most being second?

I'd also like to remove the Relic/Artifact cap of 13 and set every crystal/gem to be lootable (so no "Useless Crystal" message.) I've read Grayface's mmextension page a bit but I have no real coding experience and have no idea what's going on. Sidenote, has anyone figured out how to get the .mp3 tracks to loop? I feel like that should be a real easy fix but the posts I've read about it say it's hard.

Thanks for reading!

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 18 Apr 2014, 18:28

The inventory arrangement problem was known at the time and bothered many a people. That's why they corrected it in the next games.

Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Graff » 22 Apr 2014, 04:36

hellegennes wrote:The inventory arrangement problem was known at the time and bothered many a people. That's why they corrected it in the next games.
So I take it that it's not an easy fix that will come around anytime soon?

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 22 Apr 2014, 13:23

It's an easy fix if you have the source code, I believe.

Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Graff » 23 Apr 2014, 03:18

hellegennes wrote:It's an easy fix if you have the source code, I believe.
Does anyone have the source code? What are the scripts in the MMExtension utility?

Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Graff » 28 Apr 2014, 21:47

Bump. I've read the extension page by Grayface. I wish to create a script that I would load into the General Category, I believe this is where such a script would go. "These scripts are loaded before the game starts and are never unloaded. This is the place for scripts that change properties of classes (Game.Classes etc.) and other game rules. " The game rule I would like to change is the inventory setup but I don't see any sections about that on the page.

https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm/mmextension

Return to “Might and Magic”