MM7 New Assets Hybrid Thingie

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 25 Apr 2014, 13:56

Echo wrote:I don't believe so, not in an easy way anyway. But correct me if I'm wrong, they have magical software around here :baby:

Maestro's mod changes the Sprites and Icons file for sure, so that's 2/3rds of what I got here. I'm not sure about the bitmaps part.

To somewhat use both mod, you would have to extract specific files you'd like to use and import them over Maestro's mod (like what I did with the China mod and my stuff). But I'm not sure characters could be done this way, as I think his paperdolls are posed somewhat differently? His weapons/armors are surely incompatible with the vanilla MM7 bodies.

This is a purely visual mod though, so anything scripted/changing game behaviors in any way, doesn't conflict with it.
Thanks! Yeah the big change from his version that I wanted was the quest he gives towards the end anyway, if I copy the files over his it should work since mostly what he changed was sprites anyway (hopefully)
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 25 Apr 2014, 16:05

Make a backup of everything before doing anything and nothing can ever go wrong (or rather - if it goes, it's still fine :P). Best advice ever when it comes to things like this.

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 25 Apr 2014, 19:32

The Knights MOD V0.2 is our production team to do. This is a test version, the main task in the rewritten. There are many things have changed, added a lot of buildings. At present this test version produced 3 map emerald island Harmon Dyer erathia. The future will continue to finish. Later I changed a lot of monsters, such as crystal dragon dragon dragon dragon Pegasus Zilongjin bone phantom Centaur dark knight... Etc... I don't know how to send pictures to this forum. Please tell me, thank you!
---------------------------------------------------Glutinous rice did not

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Apr 2014, 20:19

Images: you use the buttom IMG and paste the link of the image's online address. The image must be online somewhere, even http://www.image-share.com suffices. Upload them there and post their address here.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 26 Apr 2014, 06:56

Last edited by kingnight on 26 Apr 2014, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 26 Apr 2014, 06:57

Panda Tar wrote:Images: you use the buttom IMG and paste the link of the image's online address. The image must be online somewhere, even http://www.image-share.com suffices. Upload them there and post their address here.
Thanks。I success!

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 26 Apr 2014, 06:59

Last edited by kingnight on 26 Apr 2014, 07:23, edited 2 times in total.

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 26 Apr 2014, 07:12

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Apr 2014, 07:58

kingnight wrote:Thanks。I success!
You're welcome. ;) Just check some of the links. It seems some of them are broken, perhaps not fully uploaded?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 26 Apr 2014, 11:34

;o Faerie dragons xD

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 27 Apr 2014, 12:16

Panda Tar wrote:
You're welcome. ;) Just check some of the links. It seems some of them are broken, perhaps not fully uploaded?
Oh,It's broken.

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 27 Apr 2014, 12:16

Panda Tar wrote:
Oh,It's broken.I will find the mistake.

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 27 Apr 2014, 12:18

Echo wrote:;o Faerie dragons xD
Yes ! It's Faerie dragons.Some of them are darkknight.But it broken... :(

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 27 Apr 2014, 14:44

Are you importing all of the HoMM3 creatures into the game? Or stuff from other HoMMs/MMs too?

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 27 Apr 2014, 15:34

Echo wrote:Are you importing all of the HoMM3 creatures into the game? Or stuff from other HoMMs/MMs too?
Not I use the 3D model a out of production.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 27 Apr 2014, 19:10

Im having a problem with the mod, using only Revmod and yours I have a problem with the trees, people and grass, the coloration is all distorted and pixelated with many colors, any idea what might be causing this?
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 27 Apr 2014, 20:54

I've had this only happen once when I tried to run this mod on an uninstalled copy of the game (the files were there, but the registry entries were not - was checking something on an evil computer). But I know what you mean.

I have successfully copied these files over two copies of an installed game before, they worked without an issue ;|

I will recheck it later today to make sure I didn't bork anything while changing those gem places.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 27 Apr 2014, 21:42

I've checked. Files work fine for me. I've deleted the three I had in the DATA completely then pasted the ones I downloaded from the link I pasted in the first post. The issue must lurk somewhere else. Do you have Grayface's patch installed?

I have no clue if it'd make any difference tbh, because it's 90% and issue with the sprites.lod. But since I've only done 4 steps (install game, install GF patch, put in rev4mod, put in my files) on another PC where I used these files few days ago and it worked, I've no real clue ;|

zalunaya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zalunaya » 27 Apr 2014, 23:29

I also had that issue. Need to run in Hardware Accelerated 3D mode (had turned off). Otherwise the textures looked very strange! ;)

Installed, so far:
-Testing without mm7revmod (played it too recently).
-So far so good, Emerald Isle looks nice...

Comments:
Too bad the blue gal is a goblin. Would have loved to make her a sorceress!
Character creation was flashing but was easily solved by going Software mode temporarily.

Edit:
Still having flashing outside character creation. Looking elsewhere since it's probably a hardware thing, not related to the mod...

Edit2:
Thanks for the AutoLod tip! I managed to swap her and the angel. May be back with feedback later...

Having too much fun with AutoLod
http://i.imgur.com/RHX23TB.jpg
Last edited by zalunaya on 28 Apr 2014, 08:18, edited 3 times in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 27 Apr 2014, 23:39

My game flashed too when I had Windows Media Player running in the background. Using a different music player (Foobar in my case) made the issue go away completely :)

It's unrelated to the mods.

If you know how to use the Autolod software (fastest way) or MM7viewer program, you can always import the character files you want onto any other (like an elf) :)

Return to “Might and Magic”