MMX Bugs

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 28 Jan 2014, 09:34

Turning journal to page 2 doesn't correctly removes page 1 text, leaving overlapping text in numeration.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 28 Jan 2014, 10:07

tress wrote:Turning journal to page 2 doesn't correctly removes page 1 text, leaving overlapping text in numeration.
It's similar in the inventory. If you're hovered over a weapon for example and use your keyboard to go the next one, you have move the cursor off and back for that characters item info to appear.

I also had my 2nd characters portrait disappear, leaving just a gray backround. I had to exit and restart the game.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 28 Jan 2014, 10:39

I also had my 2nd characters portrait disappear, leaving just a gray backround. I had to exit and restart the game
Had same issue once, loading or other ingame manipulation did no remedied situation. Was unable to reproduce issue though.

Also game sometimes loses combat sounds. Like there is still music, and most sound effects, but spell effects and sword sounds are silent.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 28 Jan 2014, 16:59

tress wrote: Also game sometimes loses combat sounds. Like there is still music, and most sound effects, but spell effects and sword sounds are silent.
I can confirm this bug, though I'm not sure of the cause. It makes for some... eerie battles.

Stormz30000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stormz30000 » 29 Jan 2014, 16:15

Not a bug but an annoyance. Could there be a confirmation dialogue added when I rest? I have already several times tried to turn to the right, and ended up going to sleep for 8 hours instead. For now I've had to re-map rest to the other side of the keyboard.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Jan 2014, 16:23

Here is the missing character thing:

Might be something to do with reloading during a combat.

Load times could be faster!

And some areas are very choppy to walk through.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 29 Jan 2014, 17:40

The missing character thing has happened to me quite often. To make the portrait visible again, hold down the left mouse button above where the portrait should be and move your mouse just a little bit. When you release the left button, the portrait should reappear.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 29 Jan 2014, 21:38

Variol wrote:Here is the missing character thing:

Might be something to do with reloading during a combat.

Load times could be faster!

And some areas are very choppy to walk through.
Actually it happens when you drag your party member up and it bugs out(yea game have this option, party members arent rooted to their spot)
It can be fixed by dragging grey spot again.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Jan 2014, 22:56

Happened to me today, and your suggestion did bring the portrait back. I'm sure they will patch that soon.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 31 Jan 2014, 11:20

How to take a screenshot and where is it placed?
Print Screen seems to not work for me, changing this key for another also is not working.
Unless screenshots are created in some hidden folder (like for example Ubisoft Launcher in C:\User\AppData\...), I can't see them nor in game folder, nor in Documents.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 31 Jan 2014, 11:30

Avonu wrote:How to take a screenshot and where is it placed?
Print Screen seems to not work for me, changing this key for another also is not working.
Unless screenshots are created in some hidden folder (like for example Ubisoft Launcher in C:\User\AppData\...), I can't see them nor in game folder, nor in Documents.
You mean screenshots taken with Uplay? (F12 by default)
They usually end up in My Pictures/UPlay/<name of the game>

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 31 Jan 2014, 12:44

No, I mean screenshot taken by game itself. Look at Options - Prn Scn is by default SS key, but it doesn't work and changing it also doesn't work.

And I don't have any Uplay folder in My Pictures.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 02 Feb 2014, 11:20

I am facing a game breaking bug right now!

Whevener I go out of a city combat is on (without any enemy around me) and I cannot do anything (just move like in combat, but I cannot go at other places or anything) . I read at Ubisoft forums that this happened cause I used Spirit beacon (the teleport) while a enemy was near (yellow situation) and now I must find where was that enemy and kill it...but I do not rememer where was that! My saves are hours behind and I am not gonna play the same things again. This is annoying, any1 knows how to solve? Any way to close the combat through data?

edit : I read at net that this bug is reported from the days of Early Access. Ehm...seriously?
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 02 Feb 2014, 17:06

Lord13 wrote: Whevener I go out of a city combat is on (without any enemy around me) and I cannot do anything (just move like in combat, but I cannot go at other places or anything) . I read at Ubisoft forums that this happened cause I used Spirit beacon (the teleport) while a enemy was near (yellow situation) and now I must find where was that enemy and kill it...but I do not rememer where was that! My saves are hours behind and I am not gonna play the same things again. This is annoying, any1 knows how to solve? Any way to close the combat through data?
Similar situation happens when usin ylath blessing teleporters, although then it is usually easier to remember where the problemmaker is located.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 02 Feb 2014, 18:46

I solved the problem by searching a lot the net, finally I found an advice to dowload a Hex Editor, open my save and change the Aggro variables from there to turn the combat. Although the problem for me is solved cannot understand why they do not inform us what to keep in mind before it is fixed, like save before the teleports. Wth, we use Uplay just to check us and not to inform us with important things about our gaming experience?
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 02 Feb 2014, 23:03

Interface quirks:
Double-tapping the F1-F4 keys don't open up the inventory screen.

Using a targetted spell (like if you're curing weakness from multiple characters) from the spellbook outside of combat probably shouldn't close it.

Double-clicking on a save in the load screen doesn't load the save.

Bugs:
Failing to uncover a secret while you have regeneration on still causes the regeneration effect to take place, but doesn't make the turn counter count down.
although honestly this doesn't do anything but streamline the process since i could just repeatedly rest up the damage

The blood splats in Castle Portmeyron have a slight white outline, boo!
---

Generally though, it'd be nice if messing around with smaller parties was possible, just for the novelty of it.
And goodness no, you don't want to solo this game without 4x experience gains. It's not "extra challenging" that way, it's impossible. (It kind of already sucks since disabling status effects kill you outright.)

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 03 Feb 2014, 07:40

1) game, after loading new area sometimes does not allow to move.
2) For some reason I was shown both Haart endings after the finale.
3) During endgame it is possible somehow to skip Marcus wolf and finish the game which leaves unfinishable quest in journal and does not give win achievement.
4) Game world once reseted, after leaving Karthal, with Narrator repeating smae line as when leaving Sorpigal for first time. After reloading and leaving Karthal again it was ok.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 04 Feb 2014, 19:10

Pretty big spoilers in this image, but there's a buggy tile in the minesweeper crypt. One of the yellow tiles (the one on 3,7) should actually be orange!

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 04 Feb 2014, 19:16

If it's same crypt then I think(near Crag) there there in addition to traps are tiles you will get owned regardless, so no bug there, at least i don't think there is.. There are hints how to know which are not safe

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 04 Feb 2014, 19:37

It's the one that gives you the Ancestor Mask, and it wouldn't make sense that there are traps that don't follow the scheme in that crypt - since every single one of them (except this one) do.
It is minesweeper, after all. Except with only orthogonal directions - and colors instead of numbers.
(The scheme being Red = All but the previous tile are bombs, Orange = Two tiles are bombs, Yellow = One tile is a bomb)

Return to “Might and Magic”