MMX Bugs

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

MMX Bugs

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jan 2014, 16:07

Please report any bugs you find in the game here.

Please make sure that:
- the bug is repeatable and not a coincidence,
- you explain clearly.

I will make sure your reports make their way to the devs. :)

Also check out the official forum's bug reports thread.
Last edited by Anonymous on 13 Feb 2014, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 25 Jan 2014, 02:49

The "hide interface" and "screenshot" functions are both actually and simultaneously mapped to F12, even though the keybinding menu shows them as F12 and PrtScrn, respectively.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 25 Jan 2014, 09:40

When i created all my characters and realised i forgot to name them, when i went to change the 2nd, 3rd or 4th party member's name it would also change the first party member's name.

Just a little bug, nothing big.

P.S. what's the key combination to unlock the game if you're stuck in a battle? I've only had it happen once so far (probably because i was spamming the attack keys for a while and it blocked the animations).

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 25 Jan 2014, 10:34

Spin wrote:P.S. what's the key combination to unlock the game if you're stuck in a battle? I've only had it happen once so far (probably because i was spamming the attack keys for a while and it blocked the animations).
It's Ctrl + Alt + R. But we were pretty sure we had fixed this for good :( Looks like this bug likes to play hide-and-seek...

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 25 Jan 2014, 14:04

Spin wrote:When i created all my characters and realised i forgot to name them, when i went to change the 2nd, 3rd or 4th party member's name it would also change the first party member's name.
Are you sure you just didn't forget to push enter? I switched a few times around without pushing enter and it (as it has done for the other games) just resorted back to the default game.

Though, if that is not the case, then I believe you. That enter character creation interface button seemed to be a bit squeaky when it came to switching between multiple characters in your party for creation. Sometimes the continue button would disappear (or grey out) if you switched between characters a lot, so you would have to back up and come back in in order to continue.

Cheers,
~Asomath

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 25 Jan 2014, 14:35

At the tooltip of the Light Spell "Radiant Weapon" says that the target also cannot block for a X turn(s) (with my skills currently is "this turn"), but I've noticed that at some enemies (f.e. elite militia, or the naga like creatures) the enemie blocked my melee attacks even after the spell was successfull (at the same turn). I dunno if this is a bug or some enemies are immune to such effect, but seems like a bug to me.
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 25 Jan 2014, 16:50

While fighting the spiders in the well I got stuck in battle as well. It was right at the smuggler's dock when 2 spiders show up behind the group a few squares away.

Also I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when I enter or exit merchant houses there is no greeting, just silence. Is that how it was supposed to be?
Also there is no soundtrack in the background...
Is there a problem with my sound or is this how the game is supposed to be.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 25 Jan 2014, 20:27

When party member gets disabled (i.e. stunned/unconscious), EXP do not get properly redistributed. If a guard dies and 4 party members are active, you get 20xp each person. If only 2 paries members are active, you still get 20xp each. Very annoying.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 26 Jan 2014, 00:33

Coldy wrote:Also I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when I enter or exit merchant houses there is no greeting, just silence. Is that how it was supposed to be?
I think you might be using a 32bit Operating System. Because of the RAM limitation on such OSes, we had to put a cap on texture quality and limit the sound effects. You can find more details here.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 26 Jan 2014, 01:16

ywhtptgtfo wrote:When party member gets disabled (i.e. stunned/unconscious), EXP do not get properly redistributed. If a guard dies and 4 party members are active, you get 20xp each person. If only 2 paries members are active, you still get 20xp each. Very annoying.
I didn't think that was a bug; I thought that was by design (and it's one of which I approve).
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 26 Jan 2014, 05:01

Bandobras Took wrote:
ywhtptgtfo wrote:When party member gets disabled (i.e. stunned/unconscious), EXP do not get properly redistributed. If a guard dies and 4 party members are active, you get 20xp each person. If only 2 paries members are active, you still get 20xp each. Very annoying.
I didn't think that was a bug; I thought that was by design (and it's one of which I approve).
If you approve such a design, then I'd be interested in the reasoning behind it.

AFAIK, the far majority of party-based games (including MM6-9, possible the ones before too) receive combat XP as a fixed value to be divided among non-incapacitated party members. There are rare cases when XP is given to everyone in the party at fixed value, but they are usually applied regardless of whether or not the party members are active (unless the slot is empty).

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 26 Jan 2014, 11:32

And that's why people loved so much to play solo character: more experience.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 26 Jan 2014, 15:33

Because a fixed amount of XP divided among all active players essentially punishes you for having a party. Soloing becomes much more of a challenge if you don't receive four times the XP for doing it.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 26 Jan 2014, 19:17

Bandobras Took wrote:Because a fixed amount of XP divided among all active players essentially punishes you for having a party. Soloing becomes much more of a challenge if you don't receive four times the XP for doing it.
Soloing is a challenge already with the 4x the amount of experience for many reasons.

And to put things into perspective, the far majority of people would not be soloing. They'd be playing the game as it was intended to be played - With 4 party members.

Let us suppose there is a very real need to curb down on those soloers, then I am pretty sure it'd be just a small matter to normalize the amount of experience by the amount of people in the party defined at the start. It should all be very... very.. easy to implement.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 26 Jan 2014, 20:23

Marzhin wrote:
Coldy wrote:Also I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when I enter or exit merchant houses there is no greeting, just silence. Is that how it was supposed to be?
I think you might be using a 32bit Operating System. Because of the RAM limitation on such OSes, we had to put a cap on texture quality and limit the sound effects. You can find more details here.

Thanks for the info Marzhin. I had a look at the technical help however it does not apply to me.
I've got Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit with 16 GB RAM. It's a high spec machine. It surpasses the recommended requirements.
I'll keep digging maybe there is some sort of software incompatibility that is causing this.
At least I know there should be some sort of sound :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jan 2014, 21:07

Coldy before you venture further try to update DirectX.

As non-owner I cannot confirm which version is used but in case of DirectX 9.0c, you will find them here. And for sure on the game DVD.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Jan 2014, 21:12

I'm sure it updated automatically on install.

The merchant wagon has disappeared:

Castle Portmeyron has disappeared as well:

Oh, can we please get rid of the "confirm" button? I'm clicking on save or load, that's pretty confirming.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Jan 2014, 22:13

Now the game won't launch and I'm supposed to do this:

Not impressed. :disagree:

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 27 Jan 2014, 03:57

When you buy extra potions, the potion count on your character ability toolbar does not change. This happens even if you only have 1 type of potion.

Start with 7, buy 30, toolbar still says 7 instead of saying 37. It is fixed if you re-drag the potions to the toolbar, but gets annoying if you have to do it for all characters.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 27 Jan 2014, 08:59

If I understand correctly the game auto-updates through u-play when u start it? I saw some minor bugs fixed (that's good ofc!) but would be lovely to have a change - log (patch notes) to know the changes. Btw, the game is great so far ;)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Return to “Might and Magic”