MM6 - Help with the lost key in Silver Helm Outpost

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
walkinthelight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM6 - Help with the lost key in Silver Helm Outpost

Unread postby walkinthelight » 22 Jan 2014, 16:59

Hi!

I have a problem. Ghariks key is supposed to be in the Silver Helm Outpost, right? I have tried searching nearly everywhere in the whole Enroth before I decided to check out what to do in a walkthrough.
The walkthrough says that the key is in the passage that you open with the switch on the wall, that's in the master priest/monk in the second room to the left.
My problem is that there is no key in any of these chests. Not the two chests in the passage, not in the room of the master priest himself, nor anywhere else in Silver Helm.

I have visited the seer too, but he doesn't give me anything (I lost it). He just tells me that I never had it! So, how do I solve this?

(When I was younger and played MM7 and the seer told me that "you never had it", I got mad :P such an insult!)

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 23 Jan 2014, 07:03

Yes, it is supposed to be in one of the 2 chests that are in the passageway opened when you press the button in the master monk's room. It's a standard gold key, although it is small.

I've never had a problem with finding it.

walkinthelight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby walkinthelight » 23 Jan 2014, 11:44

When looking at videos on youtube that shows ghariks forge, I can somehow recognize that place. I probably found the key much earlier in the game and opened that door but then had to town portal my way out of there. So yeah, now the door is locked and the key does not appear in the Silver Helm chests anymore. It is gone.

Is there any way that I could get the key back? Or open the door without it?

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 23 Jan 2014, 13:13

At this point you probably have to use an inventory editor and add yourself this key.
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

walkinthelight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby walkinthelight » 23 Jan 2014, 14:38

I have never used an inventory editor, can you tell me more about that?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 23 Jan 2014, 15:14

I've always used mm6che when I felt the need to alter a savegame. Hopefully it's still floating around the internet somewhere.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

walkinthelight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby walkinthelight » 23 Jan 2014, 16:02

I found the mm6che now, so I'll try it later! Thank you very much for the advice, I hope it will work with this!

EDIT: It worked, and it's somewhat dangerous! I added the last memory crystal too, since I didn't have the power to figure out which crystal I had left/where it was located.

Thanks alot for your help!

R1im
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Silver Helm Outpost guide

Unread postby R1im » 02 Feb 2014, 09:56

Check out this silver helm outpost guide, it sais you have to start other quest to get the key, i had the same problem

Return to “Might and Magic”