Might & Magic 6 problems...

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Grandizer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might & Magic 6 problems...

Unread postby Grandizer » 19 Apr 2006, 19:45

Anyone else see this???
I am playing on XP with 1.2 patch and noCD and I can't play any circus games!! I can talk in the main tent but when I go to ANY of the wagons, it tells me nothing there... In fact, one of the tents doesn't even have an entrance!!! I am in Bootleg Bay and it is December 2nd...

I just got my daughter playing this game, (I am much further ahead...) and this will totally P*** me off if she can't play the game ot the end...

Does any one know if there is a point of which you are too advanced that it won't let you play the games??? I am Level 57...

Also in One of the Shadow Guild hideouts, (The one with the traps, and the red/green button near the doors), I can't go anywhere, all doors do not open!
I know this is the dungeon where you "walk into the doors, and they are supposed to open" but mine don't...

Any help is appreciated.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Might & Magic 6 problems...

Unread postby HodgePodge » 19 Apr 2006, 20:45

If you are playing MM6 with Windows XP … you need to download & install Mok's Patch for MM6 on Windows XP:

Mok's 1.3 Patch

Direct Download:

Mok's 1.3 Patch for MM6
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Grandizer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grandizer » 19 Apr 2006, 22:14

OK, it breaks the NoCD...
Should have expected that since the older updates needed newer nocd patches as well...

My problem is that my Laptop no longer has a working DVD drive, it broke 4 months out of warranty and Dell wants 130 bucks for a replacement...

When I go to work next week, I will grab an external drive and use that...

Unless any one knows of a NoCD crack / patch for this version???

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 20 Apr 2006, 01:39

As far as I know, there aren't any CD crack patches for MM6 … and the overlords on this and other forums, frown on CD crack information. :nervous:

Grandizer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grandizer » 20 Apr 2006, 14:44

I understand that, but I do own the game, 3 copies in fact, one for each daughter now, however, that doesn't matter with one copy as it was stepped on and broke disc 2...

Anyways, a program to allow you to run without the disc isn't piracy, it saves the disc which LEGALLY has to have the option to be able to make one backup of anyway...

Anyway, I did go to work last night, an hour both ways, and got my removable drive, it turns out that even after reinstalling, and adding the patch, the Circus still does not work. "Nothing here" in ALL other tents BUT the main tent...

I wonder if anyone knows of this? Is it a way to keep high level people from getting golden pyramids easily???

Can anyone higher try this and see???

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 20 Apr 2006, 17:31

Grandizer wrote:I understand that, but I do own the game, 3 copies in fact, one for each daughter now, however, that doesn't matter with one copy as it was stepped on and broke disc 2...

Anyways, a program to allow you to run without the disc isn't piracy, it saves the disc which LEGALLY has to have the option to be able to make one backup of anyway...

Anyway, I did go to work last night, an hour both ways, and got my removable drive, it turns out that even after reinstalling, and adding the patch, the Circus still does not work. "Nothing here" in ALL other tents BUT the main tent...

I wonder if anyone knows of this? Is it a way to keep high level people from getting golden pyramids easily???

Can anyone higher try this and see???
I know you probably have the game legally, but the mods here and at the TELP forum won't allow anyone to post any information on how to crack a CD; or for that matter, not even some stuff that is in the manual.

I've gotten the pyramids many times, so it's not a bug. The circus is only in different locations in different months. If they aren't there, then probably they've moved on & you'll have to wait until they show up in their next location. I will try to get the walkthrough for where the circus is when.

Here's the Circus Schedule:

Blackshire in April
Mire of the Damned in August
Bootleg Bay in December (no games, just Nicoli)

Good Luck & Have Fun! :-D

Grandizer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grandizer » 20 Apr 2006, 18:18

So I happen to be in Bootleg Bay, It is Dec, (2nd I believe) and there are no games to be played other than talking to the Dragon...

This is normal? I should go to other places and play and see what happens during those months that they are there???

Thanks, I will try that...
Time to jump 3 months in the future...

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 20 Apr 2006, 20:41

Yeah... even asking for Cracks, no matter the circumstances is forbidden here. I'll let it slip this time, since you didn't know that.
Also in One of the Shadow Guild hideouts, (The one with the traps, and the red/green button near the doors), I can't go anywhere, all doors do not open!
I know this is the dungeon where you "walk into the doors, and they are supposed to open" but mine don't...
That is a known bug. I've had it too, but I've never been able to solve it. Fortunately, you don't need to go there in order to finish the game. In fact, I don't even think that place has a quest associated with it.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 Apr 2006, 21:08

The FAQ suggests that Mok's patch can fix this. I have no idea personally though, but it might be worth a shot.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 20 Apr 2006, 21:46

Gaidal Cain wrote:The FAQ suggests that Mok's patch can fix this. I have no idea personally though, but it might be worth a shot.
Yeah, Mok's patch works wonderfully. I can play MM6 & 7 on my XP computer. And with a little help from Celestial Heavens, I can also play MM8. :)

Jeska
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jeska » 20 Apr 2006, 21:49

Do The Mok's patches work on non-english versions of the game ?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 Apr 2006, 22:04

I don't know, but I suspect so. The other day, there was someone asking about an italian version, and they apparantly worked for him. Try it. It can't go worse than horribly wrong ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Grandizer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grandizer » 21 Apr 2006, 01:12

Thanks for the pass...

Is anyone interested in checking my save game on their system???
It is really annoying that the circus isn't working...

I know some of the best armor and weapons comes from Abdul and crew...

BTW I am using the Mok patch, but even if I don't use it, the Circus is not functioning for me...
And that is also with a reinstall as well...

So if anyone is interested in checking to see if my save works in thier game I would appreciate it.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 22 Apr 2006, 15:23

Perhaps this is one of the benefits of keeping the MM6 1.1 .EXE file on my silly site at: http://members.cox.net/dave.caspermeyer/

Apparently, even the Mok's patches aren't entirely bug-free or won't cause issues so I have no intention of letting the site go down unless I'm with a new Internet provider.

All you have to do is to download the 1.1 .EXE file and overwrite your current version AFTER you have saved the 1.2 .EXE file anywhere else. Once you pass the Shadow Guild and Kreigspire, you should immediately revert back to the 1.2 .EXE file to keep certain minor 1.1 bugs from occurring.

P.S. - Notice how I'm providing a link instead of getting mired in the piracy comments I've made before.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby starlady11 » 24 Apr 2006, 21:44

Marelt Ekiran wrote:Yeah... even asking for Cracks, no matter the circumstances is forbidden here. I'll let it slip this time, since you didn't know that.
That is a known bug. I've had it too, but I've never been able to solve it. Fortunately, you don't need to go there in order to finish the game. In fact, I don't even think that place has a quest associated with it.
with mpks patch it works, at least it did for me patty :D

Return to “Might and Magic”