Short MM8 modding questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Short MM8 modding questions

Unread postby Konfuzius » 26 Apr 2013, 19:29

I did some modding on MM7 and MM6 before but now I'm having troubles with MM8. I'm using mm8leveleditor and did some changes to Monsters.txt.

However, if I import my monsters textfile and save as a new .lod, monsters are either not changed or the game crashes when I want to start it.

Also, does anybody know if there is a skilleditor like there is for MM7? I'd like to make some small changes to the classes. I'm not talking about a savegame cheating tool but somthing which allows to change the allowed ranks per race.

I would be very greatful if somebody could help me with this :)

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 26 Apr 2013, 19:42

you can change classes/skills via grayface's mmextension only. there are no any skill editors.

monsters is rather complicated question - there are alot of restrictions in editing them adn you will see chages only if you will start a new game or enter a new location for the first time!!!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 26 Apr 2013, 19:49

Thank you for the fast answer!
I plan on starting from new and I want to make basic changes only to make the game more challenging.

Does that mean I have to learn lua? I only had a brief look at the MMExtention page but really don't know how to code anything higher than excel functions ^^

Edit: I just wanted to say that I already changed almost all stats in Monsters.txt, was all effort in vain?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Apr 2013, 21:23

Create DataFiles folder, place Monsters.txt there and my patch will pick it up.
MMExtension lets you change stuff as tables in Data\Tables folder (run it once for them to be created).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 26 Apr 2013, 22:17

Wow, that's great! I never expected to change classes so easily. But still, my changes written into Monsters.txt do not appear ingame...

Even if I only change a Lizardman's HP to 5 and start a new game, he will survive a hit that causes 6 damage :/

Return to “Might and Magic”