hellegennes wrote:If you're suggesting that Agar created the minotaurs after Roland's capture, you create a second inconsistency, because Agar certainly created the beholders after he created the minotaurs. But we see beholders in Erathia when Catherine arrives, which should have been a little while after Roland began his expedition, thus Agar should had created both monster types before all these. Most probably he created the minotaurs in his laboratory and moved with them in Kriegspire after Roland's capture. At first his minotaurs were fine, then they started going crazy (it could be because of the constant buzzing coming from the memory crystal).
1. Agar didn't create Beholders - he created Evil Eyes.
2. Between Roland Crusade and HoMM3/MM6 3 years has pass. Enough time for Evil Eyes to migrate to Antagarich.
3. I am not suggest that Agar created Minotaurs, I think he experimented with new breed of better Mino spicies.
hellegennes wrote:Agar created his minions before Heroes 1, then moved with them in Kriegspire after Roland's capture and then his minions started acting crazy. That's when he returned to his lab and became a lich. Note that castle Kriegspire wasn't his. It belonged to a necromancer, according to Roland's account.
1. Kriegspire was castle without lord since HoMM2 (ten years before MM6)...
2. ...yet it was populated by rebelled Minotaurs since Warlocks ran away...
3. ...and yet Roland found haven in Kriegspire walls 3 years before MM6 and he didn't mention any Minotaurs.
Warlocks did their (new) experiments in Kriegspire ("foul creatures and evil spirits have appeared throughout the land") after Roland capture or this is another plothole in story.
Antagarich beholders have nothing to do with Agar's abominations (sorry for the pun, couldn't help it
). The former are clearly organic in origin, and breed in Pillars of Eyes.
Ajit wrote:Ajit studied carefully the works of Agar, the foolish wizard/ scientist of Enroth who accidentally created the beholders and evil eyes which he now commands, training a 'better breed' to be used in combat.
Secret_Holder wrote:Weren't Clanker and Agar compadres, or am I imagining stuff?
Agar was Archibald's minion, who wanted to create new monsters but had not enough brain cells for that.
And Xanthor's (from MM8) uncle too.
Clancker was enchanter who creates many powerful artifacts and sold them during Successions Wars to Archibald by Regnan pirates.