Are you happy that MMX is in development?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 41

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 27 Mar 2013, 05:14

So, after all this MMX excitement! The question comes. Are you happy that MMX is in development?

After all these years with no true MM game... now there is something happening. A lot of us ultimately thought that the existence of MM remained in the hands of the fans.

However, Ubisoft and the other companies working with them have brought the real MM back to life. Sure it is a differen't world now then it was then, but thinking of the general concepts...

MMX is a turn based tile movement game based on what we have read. This is the similar approach to MM3-5 (based on what I have played) and is a very great perspective for these kinds of games.

We have the multi-party layout with nice graphics. It says that we will be able to level our heroes up! I think this is a going to be great and we should give this game a real good chance. It has been a while since a real MM game.

I voted yes because I feel this MM game will be similar to the old style (World of Xeen).
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Mar 2013, 07:16

How exactly is this different from this thread: viewtopic.php?t=13979 ?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 27 Mar 2013, 07:22

Happiness and wish are not the same.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 27 Mar 2013, 07:24

Well for one, the poll which you showed says "Do you want MMX," this is a poll about if you are happy with the actual development. That is a bit different. The poll I started was to reflect on how you feel about the ideal development of MMX. Do you want and are you happy are two different approaches.
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 27 Mar 2013, 07:41

Not matter what comes out of it, it can't be worse than MM9. In fact, I have high hopes that it will be a very decent game, which is great news. So, yes, I am really happy.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 27 Mar 2013, 09:07

Ofc I am happy! 11-12 years since a new MnM rpg title is a long time, even if the game will not be "our dream cRPG" is a good start to bring back a "dead" serie, and an almost forgotten genre (well...Almost Human's Grimrock did the start tbh). So far the first clues are great , it has the basic elements of the genre (First person, Party based, Turn based) and the fact that they are trying to walk the path of a "modern World of Xeen" is really interesting. So far the gameplay elements we know are good, we must now wait and see more info for the world, story, characters, dialogue system, quest system, puzzles (they said it will have) etc
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Mar 2013, 09:18

I'm indifferent about the fact that it's in development, since I don't care about the game itself.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 27 Mar 2013, 11:20

Of course I'm happy. I assume we're all fans. And we all have a choice "not" to buy it, if it does not appeal to us. I always wait to buy the game now. I let other suckers buy it first, so i can get the scoop on it! :D

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 27 Mar 2013, 13:56

I wouldn't go so far as to say happy, but I am interested. I'm keeping expectations very low for this game as it is clearly intended to be a test for the market and will not be a big release. With 25 hours of gameplay instead of a full game and setting in Ashan I'm holding off any emotional attachment.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 27 Mar 2013, 21:40

really depends on how they make it, will they fuck it up or strike gold?

i'll wait and see for now.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 28 Mar 2013, 07:31

I just saw that Marzhin is the creative designer so I'm not holding out much hope that this game will be any good now. The fact that he was part of the team that delivered the worst ever Heroes game burns strongly in my mind.

Prove me wrong Marzhin, prove me wrong. :S

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 28 Mar 2013, 08:07

The fact that Marzhin is involved explains why the game follows the earlier M&M gameplay.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 28 Mar 2013, 09:07

Yea, Marzhin is doing a good job, but it takes more than one person to weather a storm, unfortunately.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 28 Mar 2013, 09:07

Ryder wrote:I just saw that Marzhin is the creative designer so I'm not holding out much hope that this game will be any good now. The fact that he was part of the team that delivered the worst ever Heroes game burns strongly in my mind.
Well when I joined the H6 team the game has been in development for 2 years, and the game design was pretty much already in place at the time. But I understand your concerns. Hopefully I will prove you wrong :)

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 28 Mar 2013, 10:31

Marzhin wrote:Well when I joined the H6 team the game has been in development for 2 years, and the game design was pretty much already in place at the time. But I understand your concerns. Hopefully I will prove you wrong :)
Sorry, wasn't aware of that, thought you were on from the get go and I was disturbed that a big MM fan like yourself would allow some of those changes that had made previous Heroes titles great. That is why I felt let down.

If this game stays true enough to MM2-MM5 then you can't go wrong.

MM6Kergmond
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM6Kergmond » 28 Mar 2013, 12:48

I voted yes. I can only be happy to see that they will continue this great game.
I hope they will keep the unique ambiant...anyway we have nothing to loose in it.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 28 Mar 2013, 14:16

MM6Kergmond wrote:I voted yes. I can only be happy to see that they will continue this great game.
I hope they will keep the unique ambiant...anyway we have nothing to loose in it.
Nothing but franchise reputation.. ah, well, that's right. Nothing :p

MM6Kergmond
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM6Kergmond » 28 Mar 2013, 15:28

ahaha
Well it's more about giving them a chance.
What informations do we have more?
So it's still permit to hope something of them.
After having played to 3 MM it would be sad not even being slightly interest in a possible continuation of the serie.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 28 Mar 2013, 17:04

Yeah, I'm pretty happy.

I would of course have hoped for a box retail game, meaning more money being put into the project, but I'll take what I can get.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 29 Mar 2013, 04:43

Nomad wrote:
MM6Kergmond wrote:I voted yes. I can only be happy to see that they will continue this great game.
Nothing but franchise reputation.. ah, well, that's right. Nothing :p
After so many years, only fans remember the series. Reputation for the MM RPGs is kind of a relic.

Return to “Might and Magic”