Do you WANT Ubisoft to make MMX?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Do you want Ubisoft to make MMX?

Yes
56%
Not sure
19%
No
26%

Total votes: 43

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Do you WANT Ubisoft to make MMX?

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Mar 2013, 13:15

With all the speculation that is going on, I find it only natural to ask ...

Do you want Ubisoft to make Might & Magic X?

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Mar 2013, 13:38

Voted yes. I don't honestly see another producer wanting to develop a project whose last outing was MM9 if Ubi doesn't do something with the rights they have, and I'd like to see the series continue.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

clericp
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby clericp » 19 Mar 2013, 16:41

like bandobras said it would be good if they do something with the IP.
Can't say i am full of confidence though, but lets hope for a nice game :)

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 19 Mar 2013, 16:58

Voted not sure. I sure want MMX to be made, but Ubisoft should set it in the original universe and employ developers from NWC in the making if the game, or at least as consultants.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Mar 2013, 18:58

certanly YES.

i'm not pleased with H6 but this project should be interesting. we could create new mods, use it's engine etc. also ubisoft making a great job in communication with fans.

yes, it will be the same world ashan, i guess but i still full of hope of this project.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Mar 2013, 21:36

XEL II wrote:Voted not sure. I sure want MMX to be made, but Ubisoft should set it in the original universe and employ developers from NWC in the making if the game, or at least as consultants.
Yeah, I don't know about the consultants bit - the original devs have long since moved on and it's not like their lives revolve about the M&M games they created a decade ago.

The old universe is gone forever.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 Mar 2013, 23:18

Despite thinking Ubi would put out a weak game, it isn't like there is anything to lose. They showed they have potential with HoMM5.

As long as we are realistic, I don't see how this can be a bad thing. Worst case we virtually ignore it like we do 9.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 20 Mar 2013, 01:58

Kalah wrote: The old universe is gone forever.
It better not be. I do hope Ubisoft will at least have the decency to not make a mockery of the original series and its fans by not setting the new installment in the old universe.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 20 Mar 2013, 03:57

On the other hand, a universe is a rather large place . . .
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 20 Mar 2013, 05:02

Myself, whether it is the old or new world. I would be glad if they are making MMX. It has been some time since we seen some good 1st person multi-party games out there, despite Legend of Grimrock. The key would be if they are doing this is to keep the gameplay like the older MM games.

In conclusion, I voted YES, and I hope with all this excitement going on that this is indeed the next chapter! I have been wanting a new MM game for a long time... it's why I began creating the MM version to LOE because of the longing for MM :)

I am holding onto my cloth MM6 map and praying that this is the next chapter, lol!
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 20 Mar 2013, 05:10

Voted no. I do want nothing from Ubi.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 20 Mar 2013, 06:35

Yes as it means more hope for the Franchise and series and any new game will bring in more fans which in turn brings in more games etc. The last thing I want Ubi to do is just sit on the series and just own it, there are too many developers doing this to all the popular games franchises which started in the 80's and 90's.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 20 Mar 2013, 09:30

Voted yes.

I would of course prefer that the game would be placed in the old universe, but I think we have to say that's a no go.
Pretty sad, because the backstory that Ubi has constructed is no more than pulp fantasy. Nothing visionary.

But I still want to play a Might and Magic X. If it bombs then it bombs, if it doesn't well good for us then.

I also believe w can say goodbye to the party system. My bet would be on something à la Skyrim.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 20 Mar 2013, 09:48

Yes, but I am not very optimistic to be true. Well, since MnM copyrights belong to Ubi we have no other way to see a new game (ofc we got some fun projects, but they take long and often they are abandoned) , even if the project will fail is ok, we got nothing, we will lose nothing :P I do not believe that we will see a single char game though or we would see a new named 'new title" of MnM game (like Dark Mesiah did, or Crusaders fromt the olders), has no meaning at all to call it MnM X and not be party based...ofc you never know. The most important thing is at which dev team Ubi will give the project (Ubi is a publisher after all, not the creator), let's wait a little and see what news we will learn ;)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 20 Mar 2013, 09:53

I would of course prefer that the game would be placed in the old universe, but I think we have to say that's a no go.
Pretty sad, because the backstory that Ubi has constructed is no more than pulp fantasy. Nothing visionary.
Well it's fantasy universe. I cant say its worse one around.It have some good concepts, some bad. And frankly speaking aside of sci-fi component classic mm universe wasnt exactly very detailed to say least. Sure games were good but it didnt have forethought setting.

As for party system, I have optimism they will stick to origianl formula of party generating, or else they wouldnt have used X in its marketing. If they wanted to create elder scroll like game they would have marketed it somehow else, which would not draw ire of fans. Using X, automatically means they will have to look back on previous series.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 20 Mar 2013, 11:05

Well, Might and Magic X does have some brand recognition, even though the games haven't been around since 2002. So they could possibly just use the name, but that's maybe being overly pessimistic.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 20 Mar 2013, 11:13

Well, Might and Magic X does have some brand recognition, even though the games haven't been around since 2002. So they could possibly just use the name, but that's maybe being overly pessimistic.
Considering that last installment was less than successful, you can only relay on classic game fans if you use tag 10/X, I doubt they can write that we will now release sequel to critically claimed, hit RPG legend, might and magic 9:writ of fate. Somehow I doubt that even most bold marketing division will do it. Basically RPG community should be lucky that they even bother using this tag.
If they wanted to make TES:skyrim type game they would probably add some other spinoff word like they did with messiah.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 20 Mar 2013, 14:36

Nah. Accirding to the results of this vote, that marketing move already is more than just successful.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 20 Mar 2013, 15:32

Yea, the marketing move is succesfull. But I voted yes not because of the marketing, but because I would rather have an attempt on a MMX that I have no faith in, and hopefully be surprised, than nothing at all.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 20 Mar 2013, 20:34

I voted yes, just so I can say "told you it was sh!te"!

If only they had 1 employee which would say, hey, I liked MM6-8, how about we don't f' with it too much?

But, they'll f' it up. They'll make the engine and graphics beyond anything that anyone can run; even though all we need need is 10 year old graphics and be perfectly happy.

that's fine though; my Intel shares are kicking ass!

Return to “Might and Magic”