Beating 20 Gold Dragons in Lord Arena with Four Sorcerers.

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Beating 20 Gold Dragons in Lord Arena with Four Sorcerers.

Unread postby Graff » 12 Mar 2013, 23:46

I just wanted to share this. I took some screen shots. Total real time was maybe 10-15 minutes? My party consists entirely of Sorcerers who are level 110 (100+two different +5 level items each) and most importantly, they all have divine intervention. My NPC's are a Master Healer and a Expert Healer. I went to the arena and rested/waited until 8:00 for sundown. Then I put on Hour of Power, Day of the Gods, and Day of Protection. Basically I would run close to a group of dragons and use Fire Blast (level 12 Master, each character also had a ring of fire) and then use Divine Intervention whenever necessary. If a Dragon was a bit too far away I would use Incinerate. I used Divine Intervention nine times in addition to the two healers before I could safely rest. I woke up around dawn with the ability to use Divine Intervention and the healers again but I only had to use divine intervention a few times. No game editing and reloading is impossible in the Arena.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 13 Mar 2013, 12:16

Good job! :))
"By the power of Zelas!"

Bones_xa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bones_xa » 14 Mar 2013, 21:04

Only level 12 fire magic?
I'd expect much higher at level 100. Where did you put most of your skill points in?
Also level 12 Fireblast is enough to kill all those gold dragons? Again I'd expect it would take more.
I've never actually fought in an arena battle at that high of a level. I guess at that point all the monsters are just gold dragons?

Interesting and entertaining post anyway.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Mar 2013, 00:57

Yes, if you were doing this to prove how good fire is, your spell skill should be higher.

When opponents are 100-200 you are guaranteed gold dragons. The game crashes for me when opponents are above 200 (level 101 in knight), although this may have been fixed by a patch.

Generally you either mash shrapmetal or blasters and you can run through the dragons. The issue with 4 sorcerers is the lack of healing, and using DI is the easiest way around it.

Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Graff » 18 Mar 2013, 08:23

I wasn't doing this to prove anything, it's just the first time I've ever tried going after all Gold Dragons in the Arena and I was quite happy I was able to beat them. All my characters have the exact same skills except for one that has Expert Perception in addition to all the others.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 Mar 2013, 00:45

That is actually kind of cool doing it with very limited skills.

Just from your screenshot, when using Blasters dump the offhand. Don't even use a shield. Once you get armor up for no recovery and light skill up for hour of power and day of the gods Blasters in real-time are stupidly overpowered. I didn't realize it myself the first couple playthroughs.

Did you mainly use turn based or real time?

Return to “Might and Magic”