MM7 on Win 7 64: Does not start in Hardware mode

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

MM7 on Win 7 64: Does not start in Hardware mode

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 26 Feb 2013, 07:48

Hi,

I just installed, I had two red "Failed" test warnings during installation, one was CPU and the other DirectX. When starting Hardware Accelerated I get this warning:
======================
This device supports D3D hardware acceleration.
WARNING: Might and Magic® VII has detected that you have less than 4MB of Video Memory. Your Video card supports the hardware features necessary to run Might and Magic® VII but may not have enough memory to function properly. If you have problems with operation or performance run Might and Magic® VII in software mode.

Your desktop settings must be set to High Color (16-bit) for Might and Magic® VII to function in a window.
8GB Ram, hd 5970 gfx, Phenom 2 1090T, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit.

I was running MM7 before with some Mod/Patch that patched some things but also altered the game a little by eg. adding stronger Items. Now I want to play it vanilla again.

Software mode runs but the picture is constantly flickering, it is almost unplayable.

Thanks.

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Flodarien » 28 Feb 2013, 05:22

Did you get Greyface's patch? It does not modify the game, but fixes some bugs. Maybe that would help

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 28 Feb 2013, 10:55

Flodarien wrote:Did you get Greyface's patch? It does not modify the game, but fixes some bugs. Maybe that would help
Yes I did and it works fine, thanks. But I can't change the music volume anymor. :)

Return to “Might and Magic”