Remapping of buttons

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Neurotic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Remapping of buttons

Unread postby Neurotic » 22 Jan 2013, 18:11

I always found it rather inconvenient the way the controllers are mapped for the M&M games. I found myself sitting with my arms in a cross most of the time. Is there any way to remap the controller keys to the WSAD keys?

Bones_xa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bones_xa » 22 Jan 2013, 18:55

How do you mean that your arms are crossed exactly?
Maybe if you use the arrow keys left handed and the mouse in right, you cross your right arm over to use attack keys?

For me I can easily switch my left and right hand from using the arrow keys and/or the mouse.
I am right handed, but due to playing games like this one for long periods I trained my left hand years ago to use the mouse too. I switch the mouse over from one side of the keyboard to the other after some time. This way I get more relief from one hand to another and to maybe help avoid possible carpal tunnel in the future from long computer/mouse use.

I would think you can switch the keys to however you like if you go to options but I've never actually tried to change them.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 23 Jan 2013, 05:15

Generally speaking, there's no much problems:

MM1 and 2 don't support mouse ever, and key binding are not that bad.

MM3, 4, and 5 can be easily controlled with mouse, or with keyboard.

MM6, 7, and 8 has no mouse look, so you touch mouse only on 2d events, removing your right hand from arrows. Well, patches by Grayfaces enable mouse look, but it also enables key mapping in MM6 (MM7 and 8 already has it), with additional utility though (get it from Grayface site).

The only left is MM9, and it uses WSAD by default.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 23 Jan 2013, 05:24

MM9 is the only game I use remap and that is because they changed all the hotkeys. Nothing like sitting mashing "a" and walking forward instead of attacking.

Neurotic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Neurotic » 23 Jan 2013, 10:06

tolich wrote:Generally speaking, there's no much problems:

MM1 and 2 don't support mouse ever, and key binding are not that bad.

MM3, 4, and 5 can be easily controlled with mouse, or with keyboard.

MM6, 7, and 8 has no mouse look, so you touch mouse only on 2d events, removing your right hand from arrows. Well, patches by Grayfaces enable mouse look, but it also enables key mapping in MM6 (MM7 and 8 already has it), with additional utility though (get it from Grayface site).

The only left is MM9, and it uses WSAD by default.
Many thanks! :D

Return to “Might and Magic”