What gerne of music is it?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Sokar408
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

What gerne of music is it?

Unread postby Sokar408 » 19 Dec 2012, 12:32

I was wondering, what is the new of the style of music used in MM6-8. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm33MMa9d_A

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 20 Dec 2012, 20:54

I'm no music expert, but I think most of the music composed by Rob King and Paul Romero for Might & Magic can safely be considered classical music, often inspired by the baroque period (Johann Sebastian Bach in particular seems to be a great inspiration for Rob and Paul).

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Flodarien » 26 Dec 2012, 20:40

Actually, MM7 and MM8 had a really different type of music than MM6. The music in these two games are more like the music in Heroes 3. And personally, I don't think it fits with the RPG style of the main games.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 18 Feb 2013, 22:36

I have never been able to get the music to play -__-

Deftclaw Redreaver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Deftclaw Redreaver » 28 Apr 2013, 16:03

@Xfing Do you run a ISO of the game or one you downloaded. I remember only the music running when using my athentic CDs

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 29 Apr 2013, 01:27

Marzhin wrote:I'm no music expert, but I think most of the music composed by Rob King and Paul Romero for Might & Magic can safely be considered classical music, often inspired by the baroque period (Johann Sebastian Bach in particular seems to be a great inspiration for Rob and Paul).
Some of it (especially New Sorpigal's theme) could fall under that category, but most of the music is a blend of ethnic and new age soft styles. On the other hand, the music they created for Heroes of Might and Magic II was right up that alley. I'd say more romantic and classical than baroque and especially Holst-style. Some of the pieces also have Wagnerian influence.

Return to “Might and Magic”